Seeking Grand Finale

I have a regular Sunday night group who get together and level a team of characters from 1 to 50.

This week we finished the Mendar Silos Arc which was epic, but left us at about level 49.5.

Whatever mission we take next is likely to get us to 50 so I would like it to be a bit epic.

Any suggestions for anything including Ouroboros and EA that a team of 49.5s could do that would be a good Finale for this team.

Thanks, Screwloose.

“I am not young enough to know everything.”

Have you done Maria Jenkins' "A Hero's Epic" arc?

If so, then you could do the flashback "A Hero's Hero" which is similar, but takes place before the "Who will die" arcs.

What this team needs is more Defenders

I'd nominate The Envoy of Shadows (ouro, 35ish?).  Lots of CoT, and an AV Fire/Dark Behemoth at the end.  Or, if you've already run that (or want a challenge), you don't have to be 50 to host the MLTF.

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Maybe it's not so story heavy, but have you done Market Crash yet?  Getting a purple as you pop 50 would be icing on the cake.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

10 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Maybe it's not so story heavy, but have you done Market Crash yet?  Getting a purple as you pop 50 would be icing on the cake.

Market Crash is a good shout. Hit 50 and get a purple apiece for finishing it. 

(I was going to recommend Mendar Silos arc until I reread the OP, the last of those is really epic).

Or something like the Ms Lib TF? Can't get more epic than beating the snot out of Recluse. 

• Thumbs Up 1

While this thread is still up, I want to join the question about a suitable grand finale... or more precisely, multiple grand finales, one for each of my characters. I have a heroic demon girl, a villainous cyborg ex-AV and a Praetorian slated to become a hero on Primal Earth. I'd want to provide a suitable ending to each of their stories, and I'd like to have a better idea of what my options are.

On 2/26/2024 at 4:19 PM, Coyotedancer said:

Dark Watcher's War Zone Arc, if you haven't done it already.

The title/objective of the last mission in the arc is "Save the World". 😎

This is what I would do. Really awesome final mission.

On 2/26/2024 at 3:54 PM, ScrewlooseCohh said:

Whatever mission we take next is likely to get us to 50 so I would like it to be a bit epic.

Hmm, I was thinking Frostfire or Atta, but you might ding before the final mission in the arc.

Who run Bartertown?