[OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for February 29th, 2024

• Developer

Costumes

Fixes

• Fixed Female top with skin using the Huge geometry for Illium + Skull shoulder.

Powers

• Arsenal Control > Auto Turret: This pet should no longer have teleport protection
  • Arsenal Control > Cloaking Device: No Fade option should now work as expected
  • Arsenal Control > Flash Bang: Typo fix
  • Arsenal Control > Liquid Nitrogen: Fixed power info while right clicking on its icon in the buff bar. Power now accepts slow enhancements and sets. Addressed an issue that was making power info exaggerate the amount of damage generated
  • Dark Melee > Touch of Fear: This power should now grant Assassin's Focus
  • Devices > Remote Bomb: Should now display power attributes in the power info window
  • Earth Manipulation > Mud Bath: Fixed a bug where this power would continue to affect enemies even while mezzed
  • Fire Manipulation > Cauterizing Aura: Fixed a bug where this power would not properly display all its attributes in the power info
  • Ice Manipulation > Chilling Embrace: Fixed a bug where this power would not properly display all its attributes in the power info
  • Ice Melee > Assassin's Ice Sword: Fixed power description
  • Martial Combat > Reaction Time: Fixed a bug where this power would not properly display all its attributes in the power info
  • Savage Melee > Rending Flurry: This power should now grant Assassin's Focus
  • Seismic Blast > Gravestone: Fixed a bug where the hit debris would ignore customization
  • Seismic Blast > Tombstone: Fixed a bug where the hit debris would ignore customization
  • Sonic Resonance > Liquefy: Fixed a bug where this power would not inherit tinting correctly
  • Super Strength > Foot Stomp: Fixed a bug that locked the player in animation until another power was used if executed while flying
  • Traps > Force Field Generator: Fixed pet's text description
  • Traps > Poison Trap: This power now accepts accuracy enhancements
  • Traps > Temporal Bubble: Should now display power attributes in the power info window
  • Epic > Arsenal Mastery > LRM: Quick form range reduced from 150ft to 80ft
  • Epic > Dark Mastery > Murky Cloud: MinimalFX theme renamed No Fade
  • Epic > Dark Mastery > Posses: Power can now stack with itself, now also apply a -special effect to confused targets
  • Epic > Dark Mastery > Spirit Drain: Fixed power description (for realsies this time)
  • Epic > Psionic Mastery > Harmonic Mind (Scrapper/Stalker) Fixed text description's level of availability.
  • Inherent > Domination: Should no longer continue to replay the deactivation effect every 90 seconds
  • Secondary Mutation > Devolution: This effect should now properly expire if the affected player dies. Temporary power icons have been adjusted.
  • Potential fix for not being able to train after activating long range teleport until zoning.
  • Thunder Strike (all versions but dominators): Fixed a bug where the knockback was not using the full radius (removed all inner/outer radius since its using primary/secondary only flags)

Task Forces

Advanced Mode - General

• Standardized all hard mode non-AV critter taunts: 1.4x Acc, 30s Rech, 5 Targets, No -Range, Mag 5 w/ 6.5s on players, ~35s on critters.
  • Standardized all hard mode AV critter taunts: Autohit, 40s Rech, 16 Targets, No -Range, Mag 5 w/ 6.5s on players, ~40s on critters.

Advanced Mode - Lady Grey's Task Force

Mission 5

• Fixed a marginal scenario where one might be dead, have escaped the LGTF finale, die and take the hospital, and miss mission complete rewards.

Advanced Mode - Imperious Task Force

• Removed Antagonize from boss-class Dark Dwarves in HM ITF.

Advanced Mode - Dr. Aeon's Strike Force

• Removed one stack of Tactics from Hero 1 and Assault from Lady Grey.

Trials

Incarnate Trials

• Fixed a long-standing bug in Incarnate trials that prevented random selection of enemies for spawn variety from working properly, causing every group in the trial to contain the same enemies.
  • This bug resulted in different enemies appearing after Page 7 released due to changes in the RNG algorithm, but the root of the bug was that it should have been random selection all along, not always the same one.

Missions

Striga Island

• Striga storyarcs are now only playable by the correct alignments in Ouroboros.

Giant Monsters

Adamastor

• Adamastor's Monstrous Aether now shares cooldown with their merit rewards.

Enemy Factions

Vanguard

• Vanguard faction's normal mode auto Leadership powers now only stack up to once on allies.

Circle of Thorns

• Fixed Master of Death not being granted high level powers at correct level.
  • Updated Master of Death and Master of Ruin AI to only cast one Tar Patch or Earthquake per spawn.

Clockwork

• Fixed Tesla Clockwork having improper AI flag to activate Lightning Field.

Council

• Fixed some Council bosses spawning at the wrong level ranges in the mid-20s.

Various

• Miscellaneous description/short help text fixes, some icon bug fixes, some AI fixes.

Rewards

Badges

• Clarified wording on AT Duplication challenge instructions.

Vanity Pets

• Add Mini Jurassik to the accolade hologram pop menu.

2 hours ago, The Curator said:

Arsenal Control > Cloaking Device: No Fade option should now work as expected

Is there any possibility of a 4th option existing with how the "no fade" option is working on live right now?

Currently it is full invis until attack/attacked and then it shows your costume clearly.

Arsenal Control > Auto Turret: This pet should no longer have teleport protection

yeah, I noticed this one, thought it strange. but since the always follows so well and close, and it sort of made sense to me (tanky, nonteleportable), i accepted it. this works for me also. 🙂

Arsenal Control > Liquid Nitrogen: Fixed power info while right clicking on its icon in the buff bar. Power now accepts slow enhancements and sets. Addressed an issue that was making power info exaggerate the amount of damage generated

i saw a bunch of complaints about this, though my counter was it was like another, similar ice power, ice slick, that did not accept slow encs and sets. but this works for me too.

Adamastor's Monstrous Aether now shares cooldown with their merit rewards.

i am very glad to see this closed off too.

nice to see that the DEVS (🎶 AHHHHH! 🎶) listen and make changes that reflect that. 😄

i feel now is a good time to ask when we will get a mullet hairdo option, daisy dukes cut-off jean shorts (female, male and huge options), finger pistol weapon customisation, food item related sword and titan weapons customisations (a baguette, a herring, a butter knife), etc... i have character customisation needs that are not being met! thank you! 😁

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

I first noticed this on the Positron Task Force Part 2 (Cripple the Clockwork Army) that uses the abandoned lab map  Seems like only abandoned lab set is affected with the visual glitch from Arsenal Control's Smoke Canister I shot a video "GIF" so you can see what I mean. Thank you for your time.

Edited Smoke Canister - Made with Clipchamp.gif

Edited by Kaigai Sticky

11 hours ago, The Curator said:

• Epic > Dark Mastery > Murky Cloud: MinimalFX theme renamed No Fade

No Fade or Pulse is still Fading/Pulsing

• Thumbs Up 2

"Minimal FX Everything!"

I love this game. I'm eternally grateful that it was brought back.

"It's not enough that I win, somebody else has to lose" is not the attitude of a Hero.

2 hours ago, Random Robot said:

No Fade or Pulse is still Fading/Pulsing

Same.  The first time I tried to adjust a costume, the No Fade option didn't stick and didn't work, and when I went back to check it, it was at Original again.  Second time it fades out almost completely when out of combat, and in combat there's no fade at all, I look "normal".  This isn't bad, I like the option because it helps me see what I'm doing (or having done to me) in combat.  But it doesn't appear to be "no fade."

I'd echo a request for "Less Fade" option.  I think I want about 50% transparent out of combat, around maybe 65% visible (35% translucent) in combat (so I'm slightly more visible in combat).  Enough that I can see my costume and position, while still indicating that the power is on.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, you've fixed Liquefy from its not-tinting (always golden, no matter of actual tinting of this power)?

But how about fixing Dark Version of Ion Judgement now:

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

4 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

Same.  The first time I tried to adjust a costume, the No Fade option didn't stick and didn't work, and when I went back to check it, it was at Original again.  Second time it fades out almost completely when out of combat, and in combat there's no fade at all, I look "normal".  This isn't bad, I like the option because it helps me see what I'm doing (or having done to me) in combat.  But it doesn't appear to be "no fade."

I may have brain-farted and tested this on live.  This time on Brainstorm for sure:

1.  Didn't work if Cloaking Device was running while I changed it.  It reverted to "Original" as on live.  If I turned it off first before choosing "Change your appearance" from a trainer, then I was able to change it and have the change work.  I don't know about "no pulse" but I was 100% visible on Brainstorm after selecting "no fade" the second time.

2. I think the same thing is happening with my gun.  If a power was activated and I have by gun drawn, then the costume customization reverts to the legacy assault rifle.  If this is correct and can be fixed, then that would eliminate a frustration of mine that the game seems to want to constantly revert my weapon to the default (usually legacy) weapon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Updated Master of Death and Master of Ruin AI to only cast one Tar Patch or Earthquake per spawn.

My melee characters thank you guys for that. Doubled-up Tar Patches really were a royal pain in the proverbial rump. (And head. And ribs. And spleen. And-)  

• Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

5 minutes ago, SomeGuy said:

The "LFG Queue" doesn't seem to be working any more.

Confirmed.  The LFG queue is busted.  Pressing "Queue" will stick for a minute, with a red "Leave queue," but then nothing happens  and it goes back to a green "Queue" button.  I've tried it with both using it as a teleport to a contact, and for a locked queue into an instanced Rikti mothership raid.  Same thing for both.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lunar Ronin said:

Confirmed.  The LFG queue is busted.  Pressing "Queue" will stick for a minute, with a red "Leave queue," but then nothing happens  and it goes back to a green "Queue" button.  I've tried it with both using it as a teleport to a contact, and for a locked queue into an instanced Rikti mothership raid.  Same thing for both.

Definitely happening

Edited by lemming

6 minutes ago, The Chairman said:

Is this only when attempting to use the LFG Queue to teleport to contact? I see iTrials being run regularly on Excelsior, so that aspect seems to be working.

It's both.  It works fine on live, but is broken on beta.  My guess is that the turnstile is accidentally disabled on Brainstorm, but that's only a guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Cobalt Arachne changed the title to [OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for February 29th, 2024