S.T.A.R.T. Vendor in RWZ

Ever join an MSR and watch your XP debuff disappear just as you're about to pull pylons? On at least Everlasting and Excelsior, you can't risk leaving to re-up else you might lose ~30mins of XP and rewards.

To solve this, can we get a S.T.A.R.T. vendor tossed into the new Vanguard base? We have all the other vendors there, including Merit and Holograms, so let's round out the set. Being that it's got an AE base and practice targets, it's meant to be the end-game Player Hub anyway, so let's not shove more people over to Pocket D or Atlas Park. Certainly makes more sense to have one than the Shadow Shard does, anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Lockely's AE Tales:

H: The Rook's Gambit (Arc ID 49351), P: Best Left Buried (WIP)

Careful, this was suggested for Null (for the group travel buffs, specifically) and some people reacted like the suggestion was for a cookbook of bbq baby parts. 

But yeah. This and Null in the RWZ.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

If they want to allow "cheat codes", it doesn't make sense to gatekeep them to specific locations, in my opinion.  That said, if I had my way the START vendor would only be found in the remains of a vanquished Hamidon.

• Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

Current S.T.A.R.T.

S.T.A.R.T. Vendors are located in the tutorials, in the starting zones (Atlas Park, Mercy Island, and Nova Praetoria), Pocket D, Grandville, Firebase Zulu, Fort Trident, The Crucible, and Echo Plaza. During the Winter Event, a S.T.A.R.T. vendor is located in the Winter Forest.

I'd like to see them added to RWZ, Abyss, Hive, and PI.   (PI just to mirror Grandville)

Wouldn't help for mothership raids but I'd love to see a p2w vendor for SG bases.

"Minimal FX Everything!"

I love this game. I'm eternally grateful that it was brought back.

"It's not enough that I win, somebody else has to lose" is not the attitude of a Hero.

6 hours ago, Greycat said:

Careful, this was suggested for Null (for the group travel buffs, specifically) and some people reacted like the suggestion was for a cookbook of bbq baby parts. 

BugsNO.gif

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

• Game Master
1 hour ago, Random Robot said:

Wouldn't help for mothership raids but I'd love to see a p2w vendor for SG bases.

The devs looked into it but it's not possible as bases are classed as instanced maps and close down when they are empty, so the restrictions on instanced maps (np P2W/S.T.A.R.T vendor or auction house) amongst other things applies. The only solution would be to keep the bases up permanently and that takes a lot of resources for something that for 99% of players isn't going to be in use for large amounts of time.

Yes I know the main maps close down when empty but unlike bases all the resources are permanent and loaded in when it spins up. It's looking at a master map and copying that exactly.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Game Master

And I think it would be a good place for a START vendor. Null not so much though, he's a unique entity and a vast interdimensional being with a small animal as his avatar. A bit like Jimmy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

39 minutes ago, GM Crumpet said:

And I think it would be a good place for a START vendor. Null not so much though, he's a unique entity and a vast interdimensional being with a small animal as his avatar. A bit like Jimmy.

Hidden entrance to Pocket D in the RWZ/Vanguard base?

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

8 hours ago, Greycat said:

They should make START a summonable pet so that you can just have your very own P2W vendor follow you around wherever you go.  Just make it 10,000,000 inf from START and you're good.

37 minutes ago, gameboy1234 said:

They should make START a summonable pet so that you can just have your very own P2W vendor follow you around wherever you go.  Just make it 10,000,000 inf from START and you're good.

How about a summonable Jimmy?

Just put it all under a new tab on our Options menu.  I mean, yeah, why not make it as easy peasy?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝