Back Alley Brawler

BaBs! One of my faves is back! Welcome! Hope life has been good for you.

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

"The secure laptop in the lab. A prototype plasma hand cannon. Four quantum grenades, a phase field generator, a handful of tracking devices, Rauth's briefcase, body armor, a satellite phone, two SSDs, a Beretta 9mm, and my lunch."

Thank you for COH 

• Like 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

On 4/6/2024 at 12:36 AM, Back Alley Brawler said:

Hello! My name is Christopher Bruce. I'm a former developer on City of Heroes with Cryptic Studios and Paragon Studios.

I also played CoH for a long time on Justice, most well-known as Tic-Toc.

Hey, Tic. I remember you. :classic_cool:

6 hours ago, Excraft said:

Welcome back! 

Does this mean BaB in game will get moved to a more prestigious place than the back corner of Atlas? 

I vote when ever BaB plays BaB the BaB in Atlas isn't there, if the game allows such things.

• Like 1

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

Welcome home!

You're here just in time to enjoy the MapServer event.  Get in there and check out what our amazingly creative developers have put together - it's hilarious!

Don't think we've ever actually met, but I remember your time as the game's Senior Animator. I thought very highly of your work, and Kinetic Melee/Dual Pistols/Dual Blades made such an impression on my teenage brain that I ended up pursuing a bachelors in 3D modeling and animation. I didn't end up ever using the degree, but I've still got it, even if none of the programs I learned are industry standard anymore.

Anyway, hope you're enjoying Homecoming.

Tanking is only half the battle. The other half...

On 4/9/2024 at 12:52 AM, Lazarillo said:

Pulled this out of my old screenshot archives. Seems an appropriate occasion:

image.thumb.jpeg.e5118afa47161c4bc1e982a1f2971be4.jpeg

He can point at something and go "I Did That!" and not hang his head in shame!  Unlike Castle and his PVP changes!  (KIdding!)

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Haha 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

• 2 weeks later
On 4/9/2024 at 10:47 AM, Crasical said:

I didn't end up ever using the degree, but I've still got it, even if none of the programs I learned are industry standard anymore.

My degree was in Graphic Design, which I've done practically nothing with. Our program didn't even use computers at the time. Everything I've learned, I learned on my own time and volition.

Don't worry about programs not being standard. That evolves all the time. 3DS Max was the standard at one point, them Maya, Motion Builder, and now we seem to be moving more things like Blender, Houdini, etc. Unreal is working to integrate DCC tools directly into their engine.

The fundamentals amongst all of them are all pretty much the same under the hood. You're just working with Matrixes and Quaternions with a different front-end. And the foundations of animation, sculpting, drawing, painting, etc. are perpetual.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Back Alley Brawler said:

My degree was in Graphic Design, which I've done practically nothing with.

That seems to be the way of it in a lot of fields.

Almost NOBODY I know is actually using their degrees for what was intended.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 4/25/2024 at 11:21 AM, Hyperstrike said:

That seems to be the way of it in a lot of fields.

Almost NOBODY I know is actually using their degrees for what was intended.

Just try to explain that to a teenager who simply has to attend some elite, high powered school or their life is over :classic_laugh:

• 1 month later