Empowerment buffs to last 8 hours

1 minute ago, Laucianna said:

Just taking the resist if you add orange salvage: It will cost 32m for the 8 hours compared to the START vendor which for twice the benefit will only cost 20m and is much easier to have inf on you then the required salvage

Just tack it on Recharge, Recovery, Smashing, and Lethal and call it good enough then, IMO

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

6 hours ago, Sunsette said:

I'm uncomfortable with the idea because we keep adding harder content to this game (which I like!) and this could conceivably create a situation where there's a community expectation of "raid buffs" for anything semi difficult. And not everyone has a supergroup. I like keeping a lot of my characters out of one, I only built my first base last month. I almost never use the zone portal SGs. 

I just wanted to point out that the game's hardest content disables all temp powers like base buffs, START buffs, Shivans, etc, so you'll never see gatekeeping like this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

21 minutes ago, Jiro Ito said:

I just wanted to point out that the game's hardest content disables all temp powers like base buffs, START buffs, Shivans, etc, so you'll never see gatekeeping like this.

The hardest content, sure, but hard mode/advanced difficulty does not. Temps don't get disabled until at least 3 star difficulty. So @Sunsette's point is still valid. (Edit: I crafted an empowerment station buff and then started Hard Mode ITFs until the temp power was disabled by the game. At 1 or 2 stars, the buffs remain.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 2
  • Banjo 1

59 minutes ago, Troo said:

interesting..

Well, I've done the Cathedral of Pain many times and maybe the buff for completion should just become permanent so I don't have to go back and do it again OR there should be some way I can just trigger it to reactivate without having to go sleepwalk through the rigmarole. I do it on a regular basis and this would just save me the trouble of going through the motions.

The Shiva Shard is limited to five summons. Maybe we could remove the limit. If I just do the requirements again before using the Shiva Shard I should get five more so I could load it up with say 5 x 8.. 40 summons so I don't have to zone into an empty boring pvp map so much. MAYBE after doing it a number of times the summon simply become permanent. More people would use it then and it would be great for everybody that bothers. 

Empowerment buffs aren't rewards for completing content, they aren't acquired via missions or *Fs or raids, they require no combat, there's no investment of time or effort, they're not even restricted to a single map or open only to characters who meet certain qualifications.

You couldn't have made a worse false equivalency argument.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 4/11/2024 at 3:51 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

You bloody well have loads of nice things already, the list would stagger a player coming in cold from Live.  How many more nice things do you need?

You heard the man, no more nice things ever.  You thought you were playing a game?  You thought you were here for fun?  No, you're lucky we haven't made you suffer like we did back in the day when we leveled uphill, both ways!

Sister Psyche in a fridge, man.  Are y'all listening to yourselves?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Banjo 1

Everlasting's Actionette 

Also Wolfhound, Starwave, Blue Gale, Relativity Rabbit, and many more!

53 minutes ago, skoryy said:
On 4/11/2024 at 1:51 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

You bloody well have loads of nice things already, the list would stagger a player coming in cold from Live.  How many more nice things do you need?

You heard the man, no more nice things ever.  You thought you were playing a game?  You thought you were here for fun?  No, you're lucky we haven't made you suffer like we did back in the day when we leveled uphill, both ways!

Sister Psyche in a fridge, man.  Are y'all listening to yourselves?

At least try to understand the argument you are arguing against. The comment you are quoting is not saying we can't ever get any more nice things ever again, it was a response to a comment that implied we don't already have any and never will because of opposition to various suggestions. (Edit: Though I do concede how that comment reads.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 2
  • Banjo 1

2 hours ago, Luminara said:

You couldn't have made a worse false equivalency argument.

Don't you have some cat memes to post somewhere?

I thought I picked decent and obvious satirical examples suggesting changes to features which are working as intended for the sake of 'convenience'.

FYI - I'm not sure you are using "false equivalency argument" correctly in your attempt to smear me with derogatory sounding terminology.

Spoiler

Either you agree my suggestions were ridiculous or you give them credence as reasonable suggestions (you don't think they are credible do you?).

To be a false equivalency argument I would first have to making an argument, and then I would need to argue something is somehow the same as something else, which I did not.

Your assumption is not my statement.

The OP suggestion (and many arguments which you did not jump on) did compare the crafting of empowerment buffs with the purchasing of pay2win items and stating that the same 8 hours would be nice. (If they both had a scaling cost with level they might be a little closer, but still apples and oranges)

Also, I didn't argue against the OP. I actually said "Qol fine" earlier and suggested it just be reasonable. So keep your pants on, no one wants to see that.

15 hours ago, Troo said:

I'd be okay with getting two at a time, current duration. Qol, fine.

Folks don't have to complete a mission, TF or spend a large amount. If the only troo cost is remembering to go back to the base.. it is working as intended.

We don't even have to 'run' to a base portal to get to a base. Just stop it with the 'so hard and burdensome'. Geez. 😛

• Banjo 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I have severe doubts that you're listening to me, so that must count.  I never said no one ever gets any nice stuff, I spoke my opinion that this upgrade wasn't needed because it's throwing too much extra power into a pool we're already drowning in.  We already have a whole boatload of all sorts of extra power-ups, so why do we need this one?  I haven't heard much good in answer to this question other than "because I want it," and your scornful hyperbole sure doesn't offer anything.

The reason I wanted the suggestion added was because the power is already in game, it is just forgotten about and looked past because it is tedious to remember to grab it before doing things 🙂 I'm not asking for new buffs or powers for the game I am just asking for something in the game to be less annoying to use.

I know some people have said the annoyance is part of the cost and I don't believe for a second that was the original intent of the empowerment station, nor was it the intent of Homecoming when they made bases free to make, without having any inside knowledge I believe it was just forgotten about and has since been forgotten hence why I made the suggestion ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

45 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I think removing the tedium/making things easier is a buff though; wouldn't extending the life of a Mystic Fortune from 20 minutes to say 90 minutes, be a buff?  Or allowing them to stack up?  At least MF has the "price" of 50K Inf for the power and then having to put up with team mates since you can't use it on yourself. 😄

(An aside: checking numbers, Mystic Fortune's "The Fool" grants, amongst other things, a +15% Recharge for 20 minutes, while the Empowerment Station's "Increase Attack Speed" grants +20% for 90 minutes.  Assuming all these powers shake out about like this, that definitely feels really "Easy Street", although MF is obviously cheaper in the long run, but for the "can't use it on yourself" part.)

Consider too that the Empowerment Station's buff prices used to also require keeping your base paid up, so I would expect that the original Devs intended that to be part of their cost and a good reward for working to keep a base.  I don't doubt that the Devs of today might have forgotten about it or (perhaps more likely?) just didn't mind letting players take that little extra boost if they wanted it, as they've done in other areas of the game. 

So it feels a bit much to ask for these boosts to be "even more."  They're already great (looking at these numbers, I'm feeling blind that I never bothered to use mine much before!), so go enjoy them, and just drop by your base when it runs out, like an Inspiration that lasts a really long time.  I have something of a maze to navigate from my base's entrance to my Empowerment Station, and I could still zone in, go find it in my base, pay for it, and then zone back out in say a minute, two tops - small price to pay for these numbers!

It's hard to compare it to MF as MF is a random buff that another player needs to give you and you can't have more then 1, the empowerment table gives a huge lists of buffs that you can choose from by yourself. And making things less tedious isn't a buff in the sense of more damage is in my eyes, it's a QoL buff similar to toggle suppression, aoe buffs and a load of others that were listed here earlier 🙂

A big difference I think people are mistaking here is a buff to Quality of Life and a buff to stats, this very much falls into the former rather then the later ❤️ 

• Banjo 1

I would accept the suggestion of current buffing stays as is, but using an orange salvage would make the buff last 8 hours.

Heck, I use amplifiers in the low levels where they matter the most. I'd gladly add a few orange salvage for 8 hours of extra buffs to further help in the low levels, not that a lot of it even matters except in spreadsheets.

Recovery? We have the Serums and an amplifier.

Resistance? Does it even matter except in a spreadsheet?

Recharge? Actually helpful, again especially in the low levels where everything is lacking and we were dubbed City of Cooldowns for a reason.

Knockdown? Again, the amplifiers are handling that and we even have IOs.

I barely even remember these exist because who wants the hassle of traveling to a base for such minor numbers. But an 8 hour buff for a lowbie would be perfect for the initial slog.

Also, the number of self-important drivel that can be found in these threads is baffling. 'I don't want it so it should not be put in'. A hearty lol to that. It's a suggestion forum. If the devs think it's a good suggestion it will go in. If the devs do not think it is a good suggestion then it does not go in.

'I don't want it so it should not be put in', lol.

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

• Point of Contention (for both sides):  once you have one, you can't make it again until the previous one expires.

Please keep convincing me.  Trying to visualize the opposing isle's points here, but still having a difficult time seeing the QoL improvement point of view here.

QoL improvement(s):  (respectfully, plz correct if in error).

• traveling time savings.
  • warping to the corner store to get 8 packs of cigarettes instead of one.

PvP Capture the Flag!  Bring some fun into it....

46 minutes ago, shortguy on indom said:
  • Point of Contention (for both sides):  once you have one, you can't make it again until the previous one expires.

Please keep convincing me.  Trying to visualize the opposing isle's points here, but still having a difficult time seeing the QoL improvement point of view here.

QoL improvement(s):  (respectfully, plz correct if in error).

• traveling time savings.
  • warping to the corner store to get 8 packs of cigarettes instead of one.

Pretty much for the QoL, it's not a huge change hence why I am a bit confused on such a strong backlash

• Like 2
  • Banjo 1

7 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I never said no one ever gets any nice stuff, I spoke my opinion that this upgrade wasn't needed because it's throwing too much extra power into a pool we're already drowning in.  We already have a whole boatload of all sorts of extra power-ups, so why do we need this one?

And as it's been argued already, this is quality of life and not a buff.  The buff's already there, this is just reducing the running back and forth from your base to get it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

Everlasting's Actionette 

Also Wolfhound, Starwave, Blue Gale, Relativity Rabbit, and many more!

5 hours ago, Sovera said:

Also, the number of self-important drivel that can be found in these threads is baffling. 'I don't want it so it should not be put in'.

I must have missed 1 or more posts. I don't recall anyone saying that.

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Banjo 1

my 2 influence on the matter based on:  QoL arguments and also some historical points I looked up.

my opinion:   

• QoL:  like extra slices of birthday cake when i'm full, and I would like more... but cannot eat it.
  • historical sake from paragon wiki, this was advertised as a 'temp power buff' and it's duration was advertised as 15 minutes (60 minutes actual), with timer starting immediately upon crafting...  as compared to currently advertised duration of 60 minutes (90 minutes actual).   so, this has already been boosted whether for QoL reasons or not, I do not know.  To note, both the historical and current versions of the empowerment buffs, they cease to work after a player defeat, though the timer continues to persist.
  • boosting this through stacking/buying multiple recipes worth or possibly other methods; would imho opinion turn this into a 8 hour power and change it's classification into the realm of a 'daily power buff.'

For these reasons, do not agree w/this proposal.

• Like 1
  • Microphone 1

PvP Capture the Flag!  Bring some fun into it....

12 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Knockdown? Again, the amplifiers are handling that and we even have IOs.

That's part of my point, usually one has to "sacrifice" a slot, or two, or power pick, for this get-away-from-this effect.  Reducing it to an eight-hour freebie seems a bit much to me.

There is Increased Knockback and Knockback Protection.    Knockdown is not an option.   Both of you misread something.

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

7 minutes ago, lemming said:

There is Increased Knockback and Knockback Protection.    Knockdown is not an option.   Both of you misread something.

Most powers that do KD are doing KB with a 0.76 or less KB. So KB protection works just fine against them.

• Banjo 1

6 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Most powers that do KD are doing KB with a 0.76 or less KB. So KB protection works just fine against them.

I was talking about the claim there was a Knockdown buff.  (At least that seems to be what is being misinterpreted.  

To your point (which I'm guessing), the KB protection is 10 points, so yea, protected against Knockdown.  (Heck, I mentioned that early on as one I tended to use before Posi)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1