City of Heroes 20th Anniversary: Time Capsule Event, Q&A With Original Team, Costume Contests

Arcanum

Woo-Woo! I get to see the Original Team! I started in May 2004 and still going! I'm happy to still be here during the City's 20th Anniversary! Happy Anniversary, Heroes, Villains, Rogues, and Vigilantes! Sooooo happy to be Home!

@X'terra

Amazons of Paragon SG

• Like 2

20 years!!! I am one old starfish who has to adjust his bifocals to read the screen.

Proposed new in-zone event:  Clear out Atlas Park from villains trying to collect in front of Ms Liberty and the Atlas Statue.

Reward:  "You Damn Kids Stay Off my Lawn" badge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

41 minutes ago, Bigwheela said:

oooo special badge for the costume contest?

A must have for badge hunters.

should be fun to try and get it,

The special badge can be earned normally by burning spending 50 million inf on tailoring fees.  It's not locked to officially sanctioned costume contests.

• Like 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Posted (edited)
On 4/24/2024 at 5:00 PM, Arcanum said:

New Annual Event: Anniversary Time Capsules

I'm glad that the DEVs did this. I think that there are plenty of city-dwellers that are/will enjoy this event much more than I do.

There are only three things I find enjoyable about this event; running around looking for the capsules, fighting the mobs, and having the Echos show up randomly to help you fight.

The reward essentially mean nothing to me.

I'm not a badger, so the badges don't make much of a difference to me. The only name of the lot that I find interesting is the "Gardener" one.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

12 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I'm not a badger, so the badges don't make much of a difference to me. The only name of the lot that I find interesting is the "Gardener" one.

The "Gardener" badge was a must-have for my alt, "Crazy Plant Lady" who is based on my wife.

I also like the fact that lower level characters, which I have a multitude of, can earn high level recipes by fighting the Time Capsule spawns.

Finally, for a while there the tokens were selling for 100,000 to 500,000 inf, which was a great way for lowbies to earn some funds.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Omegawatt said:

Finally, for a while there the tokens were selling for 100,000 to 500,000 inf

Yikes. I had no idea you could sell the things.

• Like 1

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

• Game Master
2 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

Don’t get your hopes to high. The are not selling all that highly at this point 

I have a couple of hundred. I'll use them for inspirations 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

Don’t get your hopes to high. The are not selling all that highly at this point 

Profitability-wise turning those seems minor.

6a98c3626f6625f92e92df51056ca33c.gif

• Like 1

So I’m a solo player who doesn’t usually get involved in much but I was thinking of stepping out of my comfort zone and joining the costume contest. How exactly does one join? I know it’s in Echo Plaza but Is there a sign up beforehand? Anything I should know?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gruntius said:

So I’m a solo player who doesn’t usually get involved in much but I was thinking of stepping out of my comfort zone and joining the costume contest. How exactly does one join? I know it’s in Echo Plaza but Is there a sign up beforehand? Anything I should know?

If it's anything like previous contests, simply show up and follow instructions.  Usually the contest runners just tell you to stand on a wall while they observe and judge your every move.  If you're picked they'll tell you to stand on a podium.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

2 minutes ago, Gruntius said:

@ZorkNemesis are we allowed to enter multiple contests if we use different toons?

Shouldn't be any restriction like that so long as you're not multiboxing to enter multiple characters in the same contest (running multiple accounts at the same time).

• Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 4:05 PM, ZorkNemesis said:

Shouldn't be any restriction like that so long as you're not multiboxing to enter multiple characters in the same contest (running multiple accounts at the same time).

I guess just to double check about the multiboxing. Since this costume contest will take place squarely in the middle of our first Hami raid of the night, can we have a toon at the contest and one that we are playing on? Just want to be clear on my options.

faceplant.jpg

Torchbearer Temporary Hero-ing:

Experts in - Soil Analysis, Hamidon & Hive Viscera Clean-up, Mayhem Motel Menacing, Advertising Aficionados, Undertaking, Undertaken, and........

Spoiler

The Spanish Inquisition!!!

I'm really looking forward to the event this weekend.  It will be wonderful getting back into the world again after so long.  So many wonderful memories of time spent in Paragon City (and the Rogue Isles!).

• Like 9
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

9 hours ago, DarkWatcher said:

I'm really looking forward to the event this weekend.  It will be wonderful getting back into the world again after so long.  So many wonderful memories of time spent in Paragon City (and the Rogue Isles!).

Welcome home!

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

• City Council
On 5/17/2024 at 4:54 PM, Herah said:

I guess just to double check about the multiboxing. Since this costume contest will take place squarely in the middle of our first Hami raid of the night, can we have a toon at the contest and one that we are playing on? Just want to be clear on my options.

Having one character at each would be ok. Having more than one at either would be a no go.

• Thanks 1

@Conviction  did the Q&A answers happen yet with the developers or still coming up?

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up.