Wow! Never seen this, ever!

Ok I just blew my mind. I'm soloing in the Hollows on Spandex Ballet and I saw in the distance a zone entrance not shown on the map.

I went to investigate, because... well why not and I came across the entrance to Rivera Heights, which was sealed shut and a plaque plinth (easy for you to say) there gave us a bit of history about it; clearly it is the Outbreak zone.

There's no sign of it on the map (see the screenshot) and a brief, unexhaustive search showed almost nothing about the name Rivera Heights (best I could come up with it's a holiday cottage in Devon you can rent for a week or two.)

What's really got me buzzing about this is how many hours I've spent in the city and never seen this before. I love that there's still stuff to "stumble across" in our home. Just amazing!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

I don't recall that either, and will go look at it.  That's not something recently added at the same time that they added some other plaques around the city like the one in Talos facing the Dark Astoria entrance and describing the Mot attack, is it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Techwright said:

I don't recall that either, and will go look at it.  That's not something recently added at the same time that they added some other plaques around the city like the one in Talos facing the Dark Astoria entrance and describing the Mot attack, is it?

It's possible I guess but it fits seamlessly into the lore's narrative so doesn't "feel" like it's a new addition.

• Like 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Seems like I would have found that back in my "climb every mountain" phase. Never even heard the zone name before.

Cool.

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Yeah, I bolted over there, and it does look like it might have been put in at the same time as the Mot plaque.  The use of dates and lengthy descriptions seems part of the style of these new ones, and this one has a "tell" in that it lists 2013, the year of the game shutdown.  There's another plaque of this bunch, I believe, just north of Synapse in Skyway, the mayor's "moment of thanks" plaque.  I'm sure there's more, I've just not run into them yet.  Good find, though!

• Like 2

I coulda swore the plaque I found near Blue Steel in KR (next to the police drone) was new as well. But then I figured I had just missed it during the 10, 977 times I've run past that very spot.

• Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Rivera Heights?  Welp, that makes sense since this is the Hospital in Outbreak.screenshot_220521-23-39-33.thumb.jpg.37874ae510a8c95d93a65c6996f494c5.jpg

As for the plaque in King's Row beside Blue Steel, @cranebump. I spotted a little thing beside it on the ledge that looks like a brochure of some kind.

Edited by Darmian
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

3 hours ago, Darmian said:

Rivera Heights?  Welp, that makes sense since this is the Hospital in Outbreak.screenshot_220521-23-39-33.thumb.jpg.37874ae510a8c95d93a65c6996f494c5.jpg

As for the plaque in King's Row beside Blue Steel, @cranebump. I spotted a little thing beside it on the ledge that looks like a brochure of some kind.

great find!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Ok I just blew my mind. I'm soloing in the Hollows on Spandex Ballet and I saw in the distance a zone entrance not shown on the map.

I went to investigate, because... well why not and I came across the entrance to Rivera Heights, which was sealed shut and a plaque plinth (easy for you to say) there gave us a bit of history about it; clearly it is the Outbreak zone.

There's no sign of it on the map (see the screenshot) and a brief, unexhaustive search showed almost nothing about the name Rivera Heights (best I could come up with it's a holiday cottage in Devon you can rent for a week or two.)

What's really got me buzzing about this is how many hours I've spent in the city and never seen this before. I love that there's still stuff to "stumble across" in our home. Just amazing!

This was added with the Bicentennial badge in the last Page update. 

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

15 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

This was added with the Bicentennial badge in the last Page update. 

Well that makes me feel good and bad insofar that I obviously haven't missed a thing over a period of years but I also feel bad that I haven't missed a thing over a period of years

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

maybe

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 4/26/2024 at 4:52 PM, Ulysses Dare said:

Yep, that one of the plaques added for the new Bicentennial  badge. A few of the others got neat sculptures or the like but I don't think any other plaque got something as snazzy as a whole new zone entrance.

Thanks. I was looking for this info, but didn't know what the badge was titled.

• Like 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

On 4/26/2024 at 6:40 PM, Techwright said:

this one has a "tell" in that it lists 2013, the year of the game shutdown.

2013 was the year after the shutdown.  (Although I guess it was the year that the secret server was 'opened again to limited civilian entry'.)

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

1 hour ago, Grouchybeast said:

2013 was the year after the shutdown.  (Although I guess it was the year that the secret server was 'opened again to limited civilian entry'.)

Close enough for grenades, as they say, but I do thank you for the correction.