Superman: Legacy First Look

• Like 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Posted (edited)

Better.

supes.thumb.jpg.1f1ed8503d29111a31d0bed7bd310e3a.jpg

4 hours ago, LKN-351 said:
7 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

But Nathan Fillion is Green Lantern in this one...

He's the wrong one though! lol

Nope, definitely the right one. Per IMDB:

When asked if Nathan Fillion's Guy Gardner would have his iconic bowl cut in the film, James Gunn replied "Giving my old pal Nate a bowl cut might have been my primary reason for casting him."

That's such a horrible thing to do to your best mate, they could almost be British. Well played, sir. Well played indeed. [/em golfclap]

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

• 2 weeks later

Okay, first off, I always wanted to see Nathan as Green Lantern, but I never expected him as Guy.  He always seemed the cocky flyboy of Hal Jordan, and I believe he actually voice the character in a couple of the animated movies.  It's not entirely unlike his Firefly character. If he had to play another, I'd have anticipated Kyle, but I'll try to keep an open mind.  After all, Nathan is great at aimin' to misbehave.

Second, regarding the apparent return of the red tights:  I notice they also brought the stooge Otis back, so maybe these are homages to the Christopher Reeves era?

Regarding Nicholas Houlte as Lex:  while I cannot see it, I do recognize Houlte as having some acting chops, so I'll cut him some slack.  Just, please, no more interpretations of Lex like Jesse Eisenberg was asked to play.

Lastly, magenta death ray in the background.  I'm assuming based on the color that the baddie is Brainiac? That seems a character to build up over multiple films, maybe not as many as Thanos, but the big B doesn't seem like a one-and-done character.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 3:40 AM, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Better.

supes.thumb.jpg.1f1ed8503d29111a31d0bed7bd310e3a.jpg

Nope, definitely the right one. Per IMDB:

When asked if Nathan Fillion's Guy Gardner would have his iconic bowl cut in the film, James Gunn replied "Giving my old pal Nate a bowl cut might have been my primary reason for casting him."

That's such a horrible thing to do to your best mate, they could almost be British. Well played, sir. Well played indeed. [/em golfclap]

Krypto is a terrifying, but loyal Good Boy!  And possibly the fastest retriever of treats (barring a Flash adjunct) in existence...

• Haha 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

7 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Krypto is a terrifying, but loyal Good Boy!  And possibly the fastest retriever of treats (barring a Flash adjunct) in existence...

Makes one want to wonder what would happen in an Amalgam comic if Krypto spotted Squirrel Girl...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Wasn't this image called out by Gunn as an AI creation and not from anything in production?

Yes?  SO?

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

18 hours ago, Techwright said:

Okay, first off, I always wanted to see Nathan as Green Lantern

He was Hal in six DC animated films.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

• 3 weeks later
On 5/16/2024 at 8:33 AM, Techwright said:

Makes one want to wonder what would happen in an Amalgam comic if Krypto spotted Squirrel Girl...

This is a series I would actually watch.

• Haha 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

On 5/6/2024 at 3:07 PM, Excraft said:

What you're failing to see is the outside has slowed down while Superman is going superspeed.  What?  You think his super speed means his suit just magically appears on him?  😛

On 5/15/2024 at 6:07 PM, Techwright said:

Okay, first off, I always wanted to see Nathan as Green Lantern, but I never expected him as Guy.  He always seemed the cocky flyboy of Hal Jordan, and I believe he actually voice the character in a couple of the animated movies.  It's not entirely unlike his Firefly character. If he had to play another, I'd have anticipated Kyle, but I'll try to keep an open mind.  After all, Nathan is great at aimin' to misbehave.

Second, regarding the apparent return of the red tights:  I notice they also brought the stooge Otis back, so maybe these are homages to the Christopher Reeves era?

Regarding Nicholas Houlte as Lex:  while I cannot see it, I do recognize Houlte as having some acting chops, so I'll cut him some slack.  Just, please, no more interpretations of Lex like Jesse Eisenberg was asked to play.

Lastly, magenta death ray in the background.  I'm assuming based on the color that the baddie is Brainiac? That seems a character to build up over multiple films, maybe not as many as Thanos, but the big B doesn't seem like a one-and-done character.

I believe the idea is Nathan IS OLD!  He's 53!  So as far as old Green Lantern's go, Guy was the best choice.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later
15 hours ago, Excraft said:

Some set photos posted here.  Can't say the new costume looks good at all. 

Dang, did he get that from the Halloween store? It's like an amalgamation of the Silver Age and New 52 costume, but it doesn't look like it fits right in the chest and he's got his underwear on the outside. 

16 hours ago, Excraft said:

Some set photos posted here.  Can't say the new costume looks good at all. 

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Dang, did he get that from the Halloween store? It's like an amalgamation of the Silver Age and New 52 costume, but it doesn't look like it fits right in the chest and he's got his underwear on the outside. 

It's probably going to get the post production CGI pass. But yeah, they could at least take the wrinkles out and tighten the fabric up.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

7 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

It's probably going to get the post production CGI pass. But yeah, they could at least take the wrinkles out and tighten the fabric up.

It looks to me like he's wearing a rubber suit. I don't know if that's the case, but that's what it looks like. He's gotta be dying in the heat wearing that.

Can someone explain to me why that rubber suit, or whatever it is, is more fashionable than simple spandex? I ask because I haven't seen spandex in any of the superhero movies in the 21st century, all of them look like they're wearing rubber suits. Although they usually fit much better than that one. I'm guessing that spandex is no longer cool?

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

11 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

It looks to me like he's wearing a rubber suit. I don't know if that's the case, but that's what it looks like. He's gotta be dying in the heat wearing that.

Can someone explain to me why that rubber suit, or whatever it is, is more fashionable than simple spandex? I ask because I haven't seen spandex in any of the superhero movies in the 21st century, all of them look like they're wearing rubber suits. Although they usually fit much better than that one. I'm guessing that spandex is no longer cool?

Spandex is form fitting. One would need to actually HAVE muscles in order for them to show through spandex. Rubber suits can be molded.

There's a Ghostbuster in the second picture.  Yes, it's a "technician", but look at him.  He's wearing an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back.

Also, the Gunnster's skirting dangerously close to the "Aliens!" guy hairdo.

• Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

6 hours ago, OldManMercy said:

Spandex is form fitting. One would need to actually HAVE muscles in order for them to show through spandex. Rubber suits can be molded.

The other problem with spandex is the people with muscles don't actually look that good in it. Most men with muscles are barrel shaped. You have to have a very specific diet and routine to get that dorito shape.

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper