Money making in CoV/H (and how I dont do any of it)

49 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

To be available as a fungilble, it makes sense for it to exist there.   It might not be in the reward table though my not getting it ever isn't proof.

• Like 1

I'm not going bother looking for the dev post, but my recollection is that some new HOs were added to HM LGTF.  These particular HOs had equivalent D-Syncs (I don't think anything new was added for HM  LG).  These were NOT added to Hami raids or other sources of HOs (like LRSF and MLTF).

As for why Acc/Rch is so expensive, it's a way to boost multiple aspects in powers that don't take sets.  My favorite use case is Benumb, a typical slotting (for me) would be 1 Acc/2 rch but Provocations allow me to either boost those stats further or even save a slot to move elsewhere.  Fulcrum Shift is another power I've used provos with.

• Like 1

Yep, Benumb was my first thought though usually in my 50+ builds I'll use just two 50+5 recharge IOs backed by large amounts of global accuracy, Tactics and Kismet to ensure it's hitting (and usually the target is also debuffed by Sleet and Infrigidate).  But good gravy that's a lot to spend on one IO when I think on how far it would go across all my alts.

• Like 1

Fold Space is kind of a poster child for this, since it doesn't take sets.

Misdirection from the Concealment Pool makes great use of all three attributes.

Also note:  when an invention set enhances three attributes, it is at a lower level than if it enhances two attributes.  HOs that enhance three attributes enhances all three at the same level as if it were an HO that only enhanced two.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

I am just not smart enough to use Fold Space effectively. I have tried. The circumstances of when I want to use it, it just doesn't work the way I want it to. 
I got it to hopefully speed up the advanced mode tfs. But, when I try to pull mobs during the MSR, despite using two d-sync that are entirely overpriced, it might pull one of the group. Maybe. It gets the attention of the other group, perhaps. 

For kicks, I went to the test server and spammed barrier and tried to fold space on a mob in a 4* lgtf. Nothing happened. Tactics, kismet, high global accuracy...nothing happened. I even took out the two d-syncs and put two 50+5 accuracies. No improvement. Might as well leave the slots empty for all I'm getting out of it. 

It's my intent is to tell anyone who thinks fold space is great and I should have it to go kick rocks. I am just not smart enough to figure out how to use it effectively. 

Now, on skulls in perez park, it works great. But I don't need it there. I tried it on a +4/8 group in an ITF, just to practice with it. I got one minion, but the rest just pretended like nothing happened. 
The mobs I want to teleport seem to be teleport resistant - so what's the point? I am to save 5 seconds by bringing them to me instead of just using my targeted AoE? It is a waste of resources. My time, my influence, my energy. 

Now - that's just my take. Some folks like Loc use this seamlessly without issue. Great. Go for it. Me, I'm just not going to use fold space and get something that has utility that I am smart enough to take advantage of. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

I am just not smart enough to use Fold Space effectively. I have tried. The circumstances of when I want to use it, it just doesn't work the way I want it to. 
I got it to hopefully speed up the advanced mode tfs. But, when I try to pull mobs during the MSR, despite using two d-sync that are entirely overpriced, it might pull one of the group. Maybe. It gets the attention of the other group, perhaps. 

For kicks, I went to the test server and spammed barrier and tried to fold space on a mob in a 4* lgtf. Nothing happened. Tactics, kismet, high global accuracy...nothing happened. I even took out the two d-syncs and put two 50+5 accuracies. No improvement. Might as well leave the slots empty for all I'm getting out of it. 

It's my intent is to tell anyone who thinks fold space is great and I should have it to go kick rocks. I am just not smart enough to figure out how to use it effectively. 

Now, on skulls in perez park, it works great. But I don't need it there. I tried it on a +4/8 group in an ITF, just to practice with it. I got one minion, but the rest just pretended like nothing happened. 
The mobs I want to teleport seem to be teleport resistant - so what's the point? I am to save 5 seconds by bringing them to me instead of just using my targeted AoE? It is a waste of resources. My time, my influence, my energy. 

Now - that's just my take. Some folks like Loc use this seamlessly without issue. Great. Go for it. Me, I'm just not going to use fold space and get something that has utility that I am smart enough to take advantage of. 

You need to use an Ultimate inspiration in order to use Fold Space or Wormhole on level 54 mobs.

But I hear you.  I can't stand Fold Space, mostly because way too many people use it indiscriminately and without care, causing time to defeat to actually go up instead of down.

• Like 1
  • Microphone 1

4 hours ago, Ukase said:

Fold Space

I have one character that has this power.  I hate the power.  It's everything that the theocracy wants:  "Oh wah wah all the enemies are running from me.  Let's create powers that we want so that we can gather all of them together, because that's how WE want to play.  Skill?  Taunt?  Eff that noise.  This is our effing game and we are going to make it so that it caters to our personal playing style."

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
closing quotes
  • Like 2

Who run Bartertown?

Slotting Fold Space with 2x Provocation is about as close to the ur-Example of "throwing good influence after bad power choices" as I can imagine.

23 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I have one character that has this power.  I hate the power. 

I also hate Fold Space (but not Shadow Slip!), both from the perspective of "How I see it used" (almost always, "clumsily") and from the perspective of "What poor build choices did the player make to get that?" Particularly:

What are they doing with their build that Combat Teleport doesn't suit them better? Are the players' AoE so bad (in radius, in recharge) that a Fold Space -> AoE is the superior choice to just popping into a group and doing... whatever?

Did they really take two other powers from the Teleport pool to unlock Fold Space? Combat Teleport is absolutely wonderful... and if they'd been using it before taking Fold Space, why take Fold Space? It makes me think (rightly or wrongly) that they are very likely the sort of player that doesn't realize how good it is. Also:  Teleport is probably the most inferior of all Travel powers. Maybe the other pre-req was Teleport Target? If so... how did they slot that, and why don't I see them using that power (on friends or foes)?

Did they really put at least two slots in Fold Space: to improve Accuracy to the point of Fold Space mostly working, and recharge so that it is available somewhat during missions? Did they sacirfice something like improved damage or a Taunt to be able to have slots for Fold Space?

Did the inherent recharge time of Fold Space drive them to have to take Hasten? Did they make other choices that cornered them into chasing global Accuracy and Recharge? I realize many purple sets get both, but that's a choice. Three slots in the Teleport pool cut down on LotG mule choices!

What level did they chose to take Fold Space? I mean... after level 40, most teams of at least two players should be able to handle whatever at least as well as they could without having Fold Space. Related: What did the player skip to take Fold Space? For something like a Tanker, I can see delaying Tough/Weave until 47/49 but if I find out a Tanker skipped Taunt to be able to fit Hasten and Fold Space.... sheesh!

What's the theory craft of what to do with all the critters that Fold Space missed? ... especially for Tankers. Those level 54 Bosses aren't exactly going to be repositioned for whatever is supposed to come next.

• Like 3
  • Microphone 1

45 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I have one character that has this power.  I hate the power.  It's everything that the theocracy wants:  "Oh wah wah all the enemies are running from me.  Let's create powers that we want so that we can gather all of them together, because that's how WE want to play.  Skill?  Taunt?  Eff that noise.  This is our effing game and we are going to make it so that it caters to our personal playing style."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

20 minutes ago, tidge said:

I also hate Fold Space

Badly used Fold Space is annoying, but I have it on several characters.  I don't use it as much in hard content since as people have pointed out, it misses a lot at +4.

Where I find it very useful, Praetorian Clockwork and other mobs that just don't gather up.   It also agros the mobs that don't get ported.

Really it's just a shortcut for pulling stuff around a corner and nuking (etc...)

• Like 1

I'd like to jump in here and ad my 2 inf to both topics being discussed...

One, I'm with Snarky about making inf. I did the whole AH thing and hit a billion and then quickly spent it, probably, actually, mostly unwisely. But it's play currency so no harm no foul. I also farm a little and it's about as fun as hammering a nail with my big toe, but it's an easy way to get some inf, recipes, orange salvage, and my kiddos play so alot of times they are door sitting...if only they had a farmer too! I have found that just having a 50 to play makes for a more fun time gaining inf and all the other stuff but having multiple 50s is the sweet spot. Especially, as I have found recently, if they are not all the same style AT.

Fold Space... want to like it. Totally cool idea and great tool (when it works) for someone who either doesn't have a taunt aura like my Ele/Ele scrapper or someone who can sit the mobs on top of the tank or melee. But now, after having it myself, wasted respec. I have all the problems Ukase pointed out, AND like Tidge pointed out so many use it so poorly. I was in an ITF the other day, a quicky +0, and no sooner than I'd plop down my Tar Patch, the tank would yank all the mobs to him. Not really his fault but as we were all basically running up and killing everything at will, you'd think he'd have quit tailing me. I just began waiting for him to use it then do my thing. Maybe he thought he was protecting a squishy?? But honestly now my whole thought on "squishies" did a 180 after leveling 3. Built right they are tough as nails.

Edited by WuTang
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lunar Ronin said:

You need to use an Ultimate inspiration in order to use Fold Space or Wormhole on level 54 mobs.

But I hear you.  I can't stand Fold Space, mostly because way too many people use it indiscriminately and without care, causing time to defeat to actually go up instead of down.

I was told this previously. Gobbled the ultimate. Used Fold Space on an MSR...nothing happened, lol. 

If some folks can use it seamlessly, more power to them. I'll pass. 

And I have seen Fold Space used without warning on routine TFs and such. There I am, on a rad/mental manipulation blaster, preparing for Drain Psyche - just need 2 more seconds for it to recharge...and then "poof", they're gone. My clumsy finger was already in the process of executing the power - but not quite..and they're gone, it executes and I get no buff. 

I like to zip through TFs and such to maximize rewards as much as the next guy. I just wish I were better at it. Those damn tiki torches in the Orenbegan maps always get me. And I really need to find a way to click on an elevator door without clicking on the elevator door, if that makes any sense. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ukase said:

And I have seen Fold Space used without warning on routine TFs and such. There I am, on a rad/mental manipulation blaster, preparing for Drain Psyche - just need 2 more seconds for it to recharge...and then "poof", they're gone. My clumsy finger was already in the process of executing the power - but not quite..and they're gone, it executes and I get no buff. 

I led a PUG SF on a Stalker a few weeks ago, and a Defender with Fold Space joined.  The Defender on the team kept repeatedly Fold Spacing mobs after the fight had already started, porting mobs away from me, forcing me to move.  I had half a mind to kick him after the fourth or fifth time.

I just mentally prepare myself for the possibility of a bad time whenever a PUG with Fold Space joins the team.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lunar Ronin said:

I led a PUG SF on a Stalker a few weeks ago, and a Defender with Fold Space joined.  The Defender on the team kept repeatedly Fold Spacing mobs after the fight had already started, porting mobs away from me, forcing me to move.  I had half a mind to kick him after the fourth or fifth time.

I just mentally prepare myself for the possibility of a bad time whenever a PUG with Fold Space joins the team.

i am on a Fire^3 blaster a lot now.  it is annoying to nuke nothing.  but i just ignore most of the stuff now.  even on my weekly pro discord team i have had spawns yoinked away.  i just move to the action and work.  keep in mind people are trying to also complete the task.  they just maybe missed the fact that the most important player (ME, in case you are dense) is trying to do something really cool.

38 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I And I really need to find a way to click on an elevator door without clicking on the elevator door, if that makes any sense. 

Not Sure If Serious GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

59 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I really need to find a way to click on an elevator door without clicking on the elevator door, if that makes any sense. 

/interact

• Like 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.