Where is the secret door to Pocket D in Independence Port?

Your memory or your friend is playing tricks on you.  There's no IP entrance to Pocket D (unless it's really, really well hidden). 

FWIW, you can see all the zones Pocket D connects to by going to Pocket D and looking at the map.  All the zone exits are marked.

And just FYI, now when you have visited Club 55, Pocket D, and the Paragon Dance Party, you get awarded the Party Animal badge.

PDP is also the quickest way out to Power Island as well, unless there is a TV beacon now, which I am guessing there likely is...

Also, I have noticed that PDP now has 2 Steel Canyon entrances, and when you exit PDP, it is random which one you would come out through.  The second one is not too far from, and a bit behind Icon.

Edited by Ravenplume

1 hour ago, Ravenplume said:

Also, I have noticed that PDP now has 2 Steel Canyon entrances, and when you exit PDP, it is random which one you would come out through.  The second one is not too far from, and a bit behind Icon.

Yeah, that's the (what I think of as) original location for the SC entrance. It's the one there I've always known of.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

34 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Yeah, that's the (what I think of as) original location for the SC entrance. It's the one there I've always known of.

Northern one was added before the green & blue line were linked making it the way to get to Icon for lowbies in the old days.  (And now people just cross the street in atlas for Icon.  *shakes walker*)

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

I’m not talking about Paragon Dance Party. There is in fact a hidden door in IP somwhere that leads to PD. You can go IN the door but you cannot go out.   My friend entered this door literally a day ago.

Edited by Azari

If we told you, it wouldn't be a secret, would it? 

In all seriousness, I am familiar with the door to Paragon Dance Party. 

Typically - the doors that will take you to Pocket D will have flyers (not the Arachnos kind) stuck on a wall or the door, as shown in this snip. 
image.png.221652abaacd27272800e55c68d43dc9.png

If this entrance does indeed exist as your friend says it does, get them to show it to you. Odds are, they just used the lrtp and tricked you. That's why they can't return, because of the cool down. 
At least, that's my theory. 
If you find it, by all means, give us a screen shot. 

1 hour ago, Azari said:

I’m not talking about Paragon Dance Party. There is in fact a hidden door in IP somwhere that leads to PD. You can go IN the door but you cannot go out.   My friend entered this door literally a day ago.

Let's look at it in reverse for a moment.  Even though one cannot go back out, where did your friend stand when they arrived?  For blue side, there are 4 corridors and a manhole: Atlas Park, Founders Falls, Kings Row, Talos Island, and the manhole to Peregrine Island Faultline (corrected).  Each of these corridors has an interactive NPC as guide, a door, and is clearly marked with a distinctive graffiti (the manhole being unique enough it wasn't given graffiti). The implication being that any passage would possibly have some sort of distinctive feature.  Did you friend appear at some specific spot in the corridor system, or did they end up somewhere else in Pocket D? 

While I tend to think the PDP is what would be encountered, I'm willing to keep an open mind, and details like this help build a case.

EDIT: Just realized there's another way in without using supergroup bases:  The T.U.N.N.E.L. System, though this takes you through a long back way through the Winter Forest, which in turn empties to the Pocket D chalet, though I'm not sure the T.U.N.N.E.L. System runs the Winter Forest access year around, and last I knew IP didn't connect to the T-System.  Just running process of elimination.

Edited by Techwright
correcting information

4 hours ago, Ravenplume said:

PDP is also the quickest way out to Power Island as well, unless there is a TV beacon now, which I am guessing there likely is...

Yes, there is a teleport beacon for TV for your base - there was one back on live too.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, lemming said:

Northern one was added before the green & blue line were linked making it the way to get to Icon for lowbies in the old days.  (And now people just cross the street in atlas for Icon.  *shakes walker*)

PDP was closed by the time I started back in the Time Before(tm).  I started with GvE Edition (got my Pocket D VIP Pass card fondly displayed on the wall above my desk upstairs.

I believe we were less than a month from the auction houses and inventions system at the time I started, so have very clear memories of making that run for the border to get from Atlas to Icon.  Actually, I remember the initial run was to get to Croatoa to turn in Halloween salvage and unlock a costume slot (If things were laggy enough, and you had multiple sets of salvage and you rapid clicked fast enough, you could even open up multiple slots.

5 minutes ago, Azari said:

My friend said she entered the door in IP and came out of the AE hosp in Pocket D.

That is just really bizarre.  I have no other suggestions then.  PDP was the best I could come up with.

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

EDIT: Just realized there's another way in without using supergroup bases:  The T.U.N.N.E.L. System, though this takes you through a long back way through the Winter Forest, which in turn empties to the Pocket D chalet, though I'm not sure the T.U.N.N.E.L. System runs the Winter Forest access year around, and last I knew IP didn't connect to the T-System.  Just running process of elimination.

Winter Forest isn't year round via the Tunnel.  (You can still access it via the Chalet, and you can exit via the tunnel)

You can take the tunnel to Echo Plaza, and hop thru the truck into Pocket D from there.

Odd that they arrived via the hosp in the AE.  I've mission teleported to Pocket D, but it dumps me at the usual AE mission area.

Edited by lemming
clarifying
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Azari said:

My friend said she entered the door in IP and came out of the AE hosp in Pocket D.

Welp. we're going to need more info.  Approximately where in IP?   Cause this is new info for many of us.

Did they just click on a random door?

It could be that there's a buggy door somewhere.

Edited by lemming
more speculation

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lemming said:

Welp. we're going to need more info.  Approximately where in IP?   Cause this is new info for many of us.

Did they just click on a random door?

It could be that there's a buggy door somewhere.

Pretty sure it was towards the southern half of the map. She said it was near a boardwalk/dock…

Edited by Azari

1 hour ago, Azari said:

Pretty sure it was towards the southern half of the map. She said it was near a boardwalk/dock…

• Like 1
  • Microphone 1

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

I'm still thinking it's the side door to PDP, personally, and that there was some hiccup that just did something weird. Side of Terra Volta.

Since I woke up way too early, I've been poking around pretty much every door and police van (and working on Family boss and Sorc defeat badges) - there area  lot of mission doors, a lot of dead doors, but so far nothing matching that description. Even checked the new(ish) doors used in the newer Vahz mission (plenty of police vans, fog at the door, etc) in case that went somewhere else when you don't have a mission... nope.

Does your friend remember what *enemies* were in the area? It's generally some mix of Family, COuncil/column (though that's more north, not south,) Tsoo or DE.

Only thing I see that really says anything "boardwalk/dock"-ish to me is the south part of TV (more wooden docks for small boats,) which is close to the PDP entrance. The rest of the "docks" I'd call far more industrial than boardwalk-ish.

(Other odd thought was that they were maybe being attacked by something, got killed as they entered and the game didn't know what to do - since there's no hospital in PDP I remember - and somehow "Rez circles in pocket D" made sense. I don't know.)

OK, so, trying to narrow it down (not that I'll actually have time this weekend, yay work, but might help someone else track it down) -

- Were they being attacked by anything (and what,)

- Was it an actual *door* they clicked to open or did they happen to hit a wall or something and appear in PD? (Geometry hole... I know you used to be able to get to the odd room under... bah, forget what it was now, think it turned into the arenas - that way, or from PI to Talos flying "through" an area of a war wall, or even get into the trial area in Faultline (echo, now) that way.)

Regardless, even if it was a one off glitch (also possible,) kind of a fun little "scavenger hunt" trying to verify this. 🙂

Edit: Of course, if they got killed going to or just after showing up in the PDP, they'd have that rez dialog box, which would be noticable. Soooo.. maybe not that. Eh, it was a thought.

Edited by Greycat

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.