The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Please let your less experienced friends know.

Ukase

image.png.01d6fa3e1407d65090c391a033eb166f.png

In this particular section of the forum, do I need to spell out what's wrong with this picture? I hope not. 

I don't know the who, or which server, but between all of us who monitor this particular section, we should be able to let folks know these are still seeded at 10M. 

I have noticed, more than once, on Indomitable, that a bid for 10M will sit for about 10-15 seconds before it goes through. I can only assume the hamsters that feed the wheel that drives the AH are malnourished. 

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

The Auction House is cross server. 

I merely state the server I was on when I used the AH and experienced the issue; this way people aren't inclined to think it's because the server is so densely populated. 

I have known the AH is cross-server since day one. Thank you for making it clear I need to be more clear when I write. 

Edited by Ukase
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I merely state the server I was on when I used the AH and experienced the issue; this way people aren't inclined to think it's because the server is so densely populated. 

I have known the AH is cross-server since day one. Thank you for making it clear I need to be more clear when I write. 

Oh, then that's actually a good point to make! The least laggy server having a delay. Well I was buying these earlier today and I didn't experience this. Then again I did 10 mill inf flat, not an extra 01.

The extra 1 probably an over-spending prevention measure.  100,000,010 would catch one's eye if the last digit was supposed to be 1.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 7/12/2024 at 8:14 PM, Glacier Peak said:

Well I was buying these earlier today and I didn't experience this.

Yeah, when it happened to me...the first thought in my head...well, the second. The first was "hurry up!", but the second was to check the bid count which was at 0. And I know this couldn't be true, because I had placed my bid. Then, it iterated one, and then the sale went through. 

My thinking was that, a newer player, or someone not well-versed in the AH were impatient (like me) and had extra funds (like me), they might be inclined to overspend when they don't need to. They just need a little patience. 

One thing every somewhat serious player of the AH will agree with - Patience is key when winning the AH game. The longer you can wait, the cheaper you can buy stuff, and the more profit you can make if you're going to re-sell. And that extra inf income comes from the players that are not patient. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/13/2024 at 12:36 PM, Luminara said:

The extra 1 probably an over-spending prevention measure.  100,000,010 would catch one's eye if the last digit was supposed to be 1.

Lots of people, myself included, tack 1 Inf on to a bid to go above common listing breakpoints. To my knowledge, there's no overspending protection on the super or winter packs.

• Haha 1

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

3 hours ago, Derek Icelord said:

To my knowledge, there's no overspending protection on the super or winter packs.

There isn't - but there probably should be.

7 hours ago, Derek Icelord said:

To my knowledge, there's no overspending protection on the super or winter packs.

It seems to me that all seeded items have been put up for sale as the equivalent of one million offers of ten at the seeded price.  This means that people can pay more than the seeded price; people can put the item up for sale at either above or below the seeded price; people can buy them at less than the seeded price is someone else is willing to sell them at less than the seeded price.  The only difference between salvage and super packs (to my knowledge) is that you can only obtain super packs by buying them on the /AH.  What you do with them afterwards is up to you.

Who run Bartertown?

On 7/15/2024 at 2:44 AM, Derek Icelord said:

Lots of people, myself included, tack 1 Inf on to a bid to go above common listing breakpoints.

"Common listing breakpoints". 

So, I can understand if you're looking for, say, an LotG, bidding 5.1M instead of 5M if you're in a rush. 

But I do not understand going even the 1 inf above 10M for something that is seeded at that price - unless you're just unaware it is seeded at that price. 

Unless it's somehow just a typo. But that seems highly unlikely to me. But I only say that based on how I do things. No idea how others enter numbers into text fields. 

45 minutes ago, Ukase said:

"Common listing breakpoints". 

So, I can understand if you're looking for, say, an LotG, bidding 5.1M instead of 5M if you're in a rush. 

But I do not understand going even the 1 inf above 10M for something that is seeded at that price - unless you're just unaware it is seeded at that price. 

Unless it's somehow just a typo. But that seems highly unlikely to me. But I only say that based on how I do things. No idea how others enter numbers into text fields. 

The price is irrelevant.  Whether the item is seeded is irrelevant.

The extra 1 at the end is "I'm paying attention to what I'm typing in this field, so I'm not going to fuck up and accidentally spend a billion inf* on ten super packs by adding an extra 0."

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

13 minutes ago, Luminara said:

The price is irrelevant.  Whether the item is seeded is irrelevant.

The extra 1 at the end is "I'm paying attention to what I'm typing in this field, so I'm not going to fuck up and accidentally spend a billion inf* on ten super packs by adding an extra 0."

I'm too obtuse to grasp this. For me - the extra one means they're going to accidentally spend a billion and 1 inf if they mash an extra zero in there. Or a billion and 10. 

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

I'm too obtuse to grasp this. For me - the extra one means they're going to accidentally spend a billion and 1 inf if they mash an extra zero in there. Or a billion and 10. 

A billion and ten.

Who run Bartertown?