Symphony/Nature Controller Auroxis Feywild (@Trailblazer/@Auroxis)

Pylon Time: 2:51 / 171 seconds
+0x8 w/ bosses Time: 4:56 / 296 seconds
+4x8 w/ bosses Time: 9:48 / 588 seconds

Note: Cones make it harder to pin down wide groups. Reverberant wants to be near the pack but if you go too close then the cones get too narrow to hit everything.

Edited by Auroxis
  • Like 1
  • Finland 1

Heard about this from a friend and figured I'd throw some of my characters at it. A lot of them are built for concept and it shows lol, but I'm picking up some good ideas along the way and think I have a few respecs to do soon. My global is @Rinswind for all the entries!

AT: Corruptor

Powers: Water/Storm/Leviathan

Pylon Time: 198s

0x8 Time: 332s

4x8 Time: DNF

Character Name: Lord Poseidon

Comments: Way too squishy and probably needs a respec to handle +4. At least now I know just how rough it is.

AT: Tanker

Powers: Bio/SS/Energy

Pylon Time: 246s

0x8 Time: 286s

4x8 Time: 367s

Character Name: Mister Hyde

Comments: Gloom would probably help the pylon time, but... concept!

AT: Blaster

Powers: Fire/Atomic/Mace

Pylon Time: 191s

0x8 Time: 529s

4x8 Time: DNF

Character Name: Ichabod Foul

Comments: Even squishier than the corruptor, definitely not a solo friendly build at all. I might respec this one first and try again.

AT: Arachnos Soldier

Pylon Time: 84s

0x8 Time: 329s

4x8 Time: 522s

Character Name: Obadiah Shaw

Comments: No complaints lol. I can see a lot of ways to improve it though!

AT: Controller

Powers: Plant/Time/Energy

Pylon Time: 129s

0x8 Time: 320s

4x8 Time: 514s

Character Name: Lord of Sands

Comments: Really surprised this one did a pylon that fast. I was fearing the worst lol.

• Like 2
  • Finland 1

Just my honest feedback from doing a few runs. Take it as you will. I do plan to post some times, so please don't think I'm poo poo'ing what you are trying to achieve.

- I think you should require builds. If nothing else the identical build, piloted by the same player can post dramatically different clear times simply by swapping in teleport vs fly on an open map. Posted times are great to pique interest, but if I'd change something drastically in that build, that is what i'm interested in knowing before I jump into a new combo.

- Arbitrary rules: you need them of course. However, it seems strange to suggest that Control Hybrid (if that's what a build uses) has a larger affect than Ageless Destiny. I get banning hybrid on the pylon given how assault skews short fights, but imo if you can run assault hybrid and comfortably clear +4x8 content then good for you. It is strange to hand wave that away while potentially allowing builds that crutch ageless across all 3 tests.

- 0x8 is of questionable value. Does anyone care how easily you can blow up -1s with an endgame build? If your intent is to show build versatility then an exemplared 0x8 at like level 25-30 would make a lot more sense. Penny Yins are far more popular than 0x8 lvl 50 content ime and would go further to promote the strength of a combo + the build capability of the user.

• Like 3
  • Finland 1

22 hours ago, Frosticus said:

Just my honest feedback from doing a few runs. Take it as you will. I do plan to post some times, so please don't think I'm poo poo'ing what you are trying to achieve.

- I think you should require builds. If nothing else the identical build, piloted by the same player can post dramatically different clear times simply by swapping in teleport vs fly on an open map. Posted times are great to pique interest, but if I'd change something drastically in that build, that is what i'm interested in knowing before I jump into a new combo.

- Arbitrary rules: you need them of course. However, it seems strange to suggest that Control Hybrid (if that's what a build uses) has a larger affect than Ageless Destiny. I get banning hybrid on the pylon given how assault skews short fights, but imo if you can run assault hybrid and comfortably clear +4x8 content then good for you. It is strange to hand wave that away while potentially allowing builds that crutch ageless across all 3 tests.

- 0x8 is of questionable value. Does anyone care how easily you can blow up -1s with an endgame build? If your intent is to show build versatility then an exemplared 0x8 at like level 25-30 would make a lot more sense. Penny Yins are far more popular than 0x8 lvl 50 content ime and would go further to promote the strength of a combo + the build capability of the user.

Will definitely take this into consideration. At the very least, the requirement for builds does carry a lot of weight.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Finland 1

SAME DEFENDER WITH 3 BUILDS:

BUILD #1
TIME/RAD/ENERGY
PYLONS = DNF (ONLY SLIGHT DAMAGE DEALT FOR 15 MINUTES, GAVE UP).
+0X8 = 20MIN 5SEC. = 1,205 SEC.
+4X8 = DNF
NOTE: RECHARGE THEME BUILD, 6% DEFENSE

BUILD #2
TIME/RAD/PSY
PYLONS = DNF (LITTLE TO NO DAMAGE, GAVE UP AFTER 5 MIN.)
+0X8 = 28MIN 49SEC. = 1729 SEC
+4X8 = DNF GAVE UP (WAS VSLOW GOING, MAKING PROGRESS BUT WOULD HAVE TAKEN ME MORE THAN 60 MIN. TIMER ALLOWED).
NOTE: TOGGLE THEME BUILD.  LOTS OF DEFENSE.

BUILD #3
TIME/RAD/ELECTRIC
PYLONS = DNF (LITTLE TO NO DAMAGE, GAVE UP AFTER 10 MIN.)
+0X8 = 42MIN 10SEC = 2,530 SEC

+4X8 = DNF (EACH GROUP TOOK ME AVG OF 8 MINUTES... NOT ENOUGH TIME TO COMPLETE W/IN 60 MINUTE).
NOTE:  END-GAME BUILD.  TEAM BUFF/ AV DEBUFF THEME

Edited by shortguy on indom
added build #3 test times. 08/31/2024
  • Like 1

PvP Capture the Flag!  Bring some fun into it....

On 8/30/2024 at 6:30 PM, shortguy on indom said:

SAME DEFENDER WITH 3 BUILDS:

BUILD #1
TIME/RAD/ENERGY
PYLONS = DNF (ONLY SLIGHT DAMAGE DEALT FOR 15 MINUTES, GAVE UP).
+0X8 = 20MIN 5SEC. = 1,205 SEC.
+4X8 = DNF
NOTE: RECHARGE THEME BUILD, 6% DEFENSE

BUILD #2
TIME/RAD/PSY
PYLONS = DNF (LITTLE TO NO DAMAGE, GAVE UP AFTER 5 MIN.)
+0X8 = 28MIN 49SEC. = 1729 SEC
+4X8 = DNF GAVE UP (WAS VSLOW GOING, MAKING PROGRESS BUT WOULD HAVE TAKEN ME MORE THAN 60 MIN. TIMER ALLOWED).
NOTE: TOGGLE THEME BUILD.  LOTS OF DEFENSE.

BUILD #3
TIME/RAD/ELECTRIC
PYLONS = DNF (LITTLE TO NO DAMAGE, GAVE UP AFTER 10 MIN.)
+0X8 = 42MIN 10SEC = 2,530 SEC

+4X8 = DNF (EACH GROUP TOOK ME AVG OF 8 MINUTES... NOT ENOUGH TIME TO COMPLETE W/IN 60 MINUTE).
NOTE:  END-GAME BUILD.  TEAM BUFF/ AV DEBUFF THEME

If you wouldn't mind sharing the builds you ran this with, I'd be interested to see what your slotting choices were like.  

• Finland 1

9 hours ago, AmrasNotHere said:

If you wouldn't mind sharing the builds you ran this with, I'd be interested to see what your slotting choices were like.  

• NO MIDS, LINUX SYSTEM.
  • I ROTATE IN SOME NEW BUILDS FREQUENTLY, THESE  RUNNING THESE FOR ABOUT 4 MONTHS OR SO.
  • BUILDS 1, 2 AND 3 BELOW.

build 1 powers - Copy.png

build 1 slots 1 - Copy.png

build 1 slots 2 - Copy.png

build 1 slots 3 - Copy.png

build 2 powers - Copy.png

build 2 slots 1 - Copy.png

build 2 slots 2 - Copy.png

build 2 slots 3 - Copy.png

build 3 powers - Copy.png

build 3 slots 1 - Copy.png

build 3 slots 2 - Copy.png

build 3 slots 3 - Copy.png

Edited by shortguy on indom
added pics of builds 1, 2, 3... redo

• OK SO, WANTED TO TEST SOMETHING, SO RAN THE AE "CLEAR SPEED TEST" +0/8 MISSION WITH HELP. LOL
  • ME (DEFENDER) AND A PUG RANDOM (CORRUPTOR).
  • MY SOLO TIME W/BUILD #2 WAS 28MIN 49 SEC.....
  • ME AND THE CORR TIME WAS ABOUT 7 MINUTES FLAT (GIVE OR TAKE 10 SECONDS)...

Mind/Storm/Leviathan Troller

0/8 Clear Speed: N/A (didn't do lol)
4/8 Clear Speed: ~660s
Pylon: ~300s

Build does great against mobs, chugs on bosses. Main thing that slows me down is low ST damage.

• Finland 1

• 2 weeks later