Aggravated

Gravitus

33 minutes ago, Apogee said:

I forget that Null even exists.   I rarely go to Pocket D, I don't switch alignments, and I have never been affected by Group Fly to even realize there is a mechanism to disable it.  Granted, all anecdotal but I doubt I am the only one.

Edit:  Sorry for the callout Arcane, I hadn't read your subsequent post.

Group Fly is the one option in Null I am always iffy about.  

Because....   When you randomly do First Ward Seed it can kill your fly.  But gives you a "group fly power"  If you have nerfed group fly then.....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gravitus said:

I mean generally that's fair.....but at what point do you put your foot down? I completed most of the TF by that point and wanted the completion reward, so quitting wasn't happening. But with it not being an issue for most of the TF and only one guy bitching about it, to me I'm just like...sorry bud, that ship has sailed. 

It's not your team so you have no foot to put down. Ask yourself if you want the completion bonus enough to tough it out to the end without Group Fly.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

38 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Warum zum Teufel benutzt du Group Fly?

Just in that Seed fight in 1st ward. 

for me anyways.  People are always finding new ways to use powers.  Theoretically you could get an enemy to confuse you and cast group fly on the enemy and screw their strategy hard.  Complicated but i think possible 

I wonder if there is a way for them to add a "toggle off" ability under such powers that affect other players. IE a way for them to turn it off when affected by such a power on the fly. Group Fly isn't the only power that causes problems when used on other players when it isn't wanted. And I don't mean Null the Gull, I mean if for example, they could have an extra button pop up somewhere when affected by team powers to turn it off then and there. There are also a few powers that can, well, be used in ways perhaps not intended, such as Teleport Target. There are certainly others as well that I will not mention here, but I am sure those in the know, know which one's I am talking about. AKA The "trolling tools."

Not trying to add to the "is it right or wrong" topic, more wondering if it's possible for them to do something like that.

24 minutes ago, Neiska said:

I wonder if there is a way for them to add a "toggle off" ability under such powers that affect other players. IE a way for them to turn it off when affected by such a power on the fly. Group Fly isn't the only power that causes problems when used on other players when it isn't wanted. And I don't mean Null the Gull, I mean if for example, they could have an extra button pop up somewhere when affected by team powers to turn it off then and there. There are also a few powers that can, well, be used in ways perhaps not intended, such as Teleport Target. There are certainly others as well that I will not mention here, but I am sure those in the know, know which one's I am talking about. AKA The "trolling tools."

Not trying to add to the "is it right or wrong" topic, more wondering if it's possible for them to do something like that.

I can't speak to the other powers you're referring to, but Teleport Target, Incan TP, etc. are covered already. You can turn it off in your settings (I think), or when you first get invited to a team, it's the first little checkbox under the buttons to click on.

But in general I agree that being able to turn off group fly at your character rather than visiting Null would be great. It would be cool if GF could make that little pop up tray come up and you have the option to turn it off or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Come to think of it, I'm not sure if I've seen Team Teleport (from the TP pool) out in the wild.   I think I screwed around with it once and decided Nope.

I tend to use Null to set Mystic Fortune to always accept, hardly ever turn off any of the other stuff, though I really should for my chars that have ground powers.

One thing I note from the first post, you may not have been running GF until that outdoors mission, so maybe the team didn't see it before then?

There's always the chance, the lead and some of the team were on discord or such.  I know I've discussed a team member that way, granted I rarely boot and can't remember the last time I did.

If we're going to propose changes to improve the situation, why don't we make Group Fly ONLY affect pets, and rename it "Pets Fly". Do the same to the Group Teleport power -- only teleports you and your pets, no one else.

Edit: Or make these pop-up tray powers for Fly, and make a new "good" power for the pool

Edited by Andreah
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

33 minutes ago, Andreah said:

If we're going to propose changes to improve the situation, why don't we make Group Fly ONLY affect pets, and rename it "Pets Fly". Do the same to the Group Teleport power -- only teleports you and your pets, no one else.

Edit: Or make these pop-up tray powers for Fly, and make a new "good" power for the pool

I think either of these could work.   It would be nice to do something that would nip these threads existence. 😄

12 hours ago, Gravitus said:

but at what point do you put your foot down?

The leader put their foot down, and you are still complaining about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

10 hours ago, JasperStone said:

yes, it would be best if you had turned it off  as I have said 

But ....

I still smell a heaping pile of BS about the Leader getting complaints.

If you can't ask in team chat...then don't say anything.

Cases in point:

I was on a PUG TF recently where, as we rushed in ...BOOM, knockback

Due to the team mix, it was hard to tell who it was.

Finally, someone asked in chat, and a player fessed up to it, and said that they had not slotted KB-KD

He was asked to at least not lead with it and use it to knock foes back into the group 

Sure! 

On we went

One TF this weekend in my Sonic /Marine Affinity Corr.

I would leap in  ... only to have a teammate use Foldspace 

... fweppp...they were gone, and my Nuke did NADA

I asked who was doing it in Team Chat, and there were three who were using it 

Whelp ... I lose.

I have modified my playstyle.

asking people not to use Foldspace is a lost cause

asking people not to be stupid using Foldspace is, again, a lost cause

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Snarky said:

i won’t accept people talking smack about our lord and saviour Fold Space

”For God gave us a spirit not of fear, but of power and love and self-control. And also Fold Space in the Teleport power pool” - 2 Timothy 1:7 ESV 🙏📿

@JasperStone 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Snarky said:

It is, and I’ve seen it used effectively by tanks. But man, when I see it, I still think, “Holy cow…we have now become too lazy to even go to the groups.” 

Foldspace=superhero Door Dash?

• Haha 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

42 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

i won’t accept people talking smack about our lord and saviour Fold Space

”For God gave us a spirit not of fear, but of power and love and self-control. And also Fold Space in the Teleport power pool” - 2 Timothy 1:7 ESV 🙏📿

@JasperStone 

Matt 4:5-6 NHFE (Nonsensicial and Heretical Forum Edition)

Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his Flight Pool toggles concerning you,
    and they will lift you up in their holy aura,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a skirting board’”

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

Personally, I find Fold Space to be just as obnoxious as some people find Group Fly.  I wish there was a Null the Gull option to disable Fold Space on teams.  Sure, Fold Space can be a boon when used properly... which occurs about 0.1% of the time it is used.  Most of the time, it actually slows down team play.  Sometimes, significantly.  Any time I get a PUG on my team that has Fold Space, I mentally prepare myself for a bad time.  The proliferated use of Fold Space over the past couple of years is one of the main reasons why I don't play on Homecoming as much as I used to.

Edited by Lunar Ronin
  • Thumbs Up 3

57 minutes ago, Lunar Ronin said:

Personally, I find Fold Space to be just as obnoxious as some people find Group Fly.

I can see where you are coming from, but I have seen more team trolling with Group Fly and Group Teleport.

Group Teleport is even more rare than Group Fly.

59 minutes ago, Lunar Ronin said:

Sure, Fold Space can be a boon when used properly... which occurs about 0.1% of the time it is used.

The group I play with on Monday and Tuesday nights primetime has had several characters that have fold space that use it responsibly.

I actually have run into well less than 5% of Fold Space to troll teams.

1 hour ago, Lunar Ronin said:

I wish there was a Null the Gull option to disable Fold Space on teams.

This makes very little sense.

Why should one player on a team that isn't the team leader be able to stop another player from using a power at all?

And a team leader can only stop a player from using a power on a team by kicking them from the team.

Null the Gull doesn't stop other players from using Group Fly, Team Teleport, and speed buffs, it just stops them from affecting your character.

Any time I get a PUG on my team that has Fold Space, I mentally prepare myself for a bad time.

Seems easy enough just to leave.

The proliferated use of Fold Space over the past couple of years is one of the main reasons why I don't play on Homecoming as much as I used to.

If you are seeing Fold Space so much, I have to ask .... "are you only playing the end-game"?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.