Hello all!!!

Nafsmar

Holy crap I can't believe someone finally made an emulated COH server. Been waiting years for this. Can't wait to get home and install this and start playing again. After COH ended I tried to fill the void with Champions online and the DC Universe online. Even tried Marvel heroes but nothing satisfied me the way COH did. I am so excited that I finally got a game back that I know my daughter will enjoy playing as well. Assuming all goes well with the installation tonight I will begin to once again visit Paragon City regularly.

By the way how does one donate to this project as I see it's donation driven. Need to make sure I do my part to keep it alive as long as possible.

Funny thing I first left EverQuest to play COH now I'm leaving P99 emulated EQ server to play COH on an emulated server again. Seems like history does repeat itself.

Tecmos if you should happen to read this thank you so much for your P99 videos because if it wasn't for them I would not have known about this server. I gave up searching for emulators for City of Heroes because I never got good results.

At the beginning of every month they open up donations, they only take what they need to keep the servers running.

The window usually lasts about 10-20 minutes, for July it was 4 minutes.

I also recommend that people don't donate more than they would have paid for a sub on live so that more people get the chance.

As it is we've got about 6-8k daily players, and only about 100 get to donate.

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster

Greetings and welcome aboard!

Just remember that when you get home you will need to make an account for the game itself, as it is separate from your forums login, Just mentioning it because I've seen others reporting login issues because they are trying to use their forums account or original CoH account to login. :)

Also, there are shout-out threads down in the Reconnect section for servers and groups that folks have been announcing their return and hoping to get in touch with folks they used to play with.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/board,40.0.html

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Yea, as I mentioned in another thread, I found out about this in the SWtOR forums. "Holly S--t, can this be real?!?!?!"... Immediately stopped what I was doing, followed instructions, and installed (created accts and all that). My wife was at her desk (her desk is about 5' from me, with her back to me) playing something or other.

I logged in, created a copy of one of my favorite Live characters (I wasn't wasting time thinking, I remembered 90+% of what the character looked like and how to rebuild her costume... yes, some characters stay with you for a looong time)... and logged in to Atlas.

That iconic music played...

My wife spun around, saw what was on my screen... "What are you doing???" I explained and told her I wanted to make sure this was legit before I told her and got her hopes up.

She wouldn't let me play until I got her set up too. 8 weeks later, neither of us has bothered with any other game.

Yea, as I mentioned in another thread, I found out about this in the SWtOR forums. "Holly S--t, can this be real?!?!?!"... Immediately stopped what I was doing, followed instructions, and installed (created accts and all that). My wife was at her desk (her desk is about 5' from me, with her back to me) playing something or other.

I logged in, created a copy of one of my favorite Live characters (I wasn't wasting time thinking, I remembered 90+% of what the character looked like and how to rebuild her costume... yes, some characters stay with you for a looong time)... and logged in to Atlas.

That iconic music played...

My wife spun around, saw what was on my screen... "What are you doing???" I explained and told her I wanted to make sure this was legit before I told her and got her hopes up.

She wouldn't let me play until I got her set up too. 8 weeks later, neither of us has bothered with any other game.

My wife bought me a new computer, just so I could play this on the highest settings.

I think she likes me.

Thank you all for the replies. I feel like a young kid on Christmas Eve just waiting for Christmas morning.

I felt the same way when I got the game downloaded, booted it up and saw the login screen again.

It's like I was home again. :)

Welcome back to Paragon City, “we have scarier sewers than NYC”

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting