So, customizable pets?

hellohello

This was something the Devs wanted to do during live

Not entirely true. Positron was completely against full tailor customisation because he was afraid of people running around as Mastermind pimp and hoes. (Yes, seriously that exact example.) There was talk of maybe letting MMs "customise" their pets in a power customisation way, picking different skins for their pets instead of the default, but that never came to any fruition and was probably way way low on their priority list.

Not entirely true. Positron was completely against full tailor customisation because he was afraid of people running around as Mastermind pimp and hoes. (Yes, seriously that exact example.) There was talk of maybe letting MMs "customise" their pets in a power customisation way, picking different skins for their pets instead of the default, but that never came to any fruition and was probably way way low on their priority list.

Personally, I would love to play both a Pimp Mastery and a Hoe Summoning MM.

That's really a terrible reason not to have it considering you can do that with the male minions. Besides, if someone did make that, they could just wipe that character's costume like they did for other characters that broke the ToS or do whatever they did for offensive characters. "pimp and hoes" isn't even that offensive.

There's so much potential if we could make our own minions someday. Assuming it's possible.

That's really a terrible reason not to have it considering you can do that with the male minions. Besides, if someone did make that, they could just wipe that character's costume like they did for other characters that broke the ToS or do whatever they did for offensive characters. "pimp and hoes" isn't even that offensive.

There's so much potential if we could make our own minions someday. Assuming it's possible.

I agree - there was already a system in place to deal with offensive or copyrighted characters that could have easily been used to police people's custom pets. It isn't an argument that holds up at all.

That said, it's pretty unlikely that we'll ever see it happen for obvious reasons. Sadly, it doesn't matter how many times I fantasize about making my own version of Multiple Man with pets that are simply clones of himself.

• 4 weeks later

How would we deal with it?  Just not care about the theme?  Or restrict what kind of customization options you get?

Like, how are humanoid robots going to shoot their guns?

Are we going to have "Huge" ninjas?

Healthy looking little girl zombies vomiting all over the place?

I'm not really against it, but it is something to take into consideration.

Personally, I would love to play both a Pimp Mastery and a Hoe Summoning MM.

we only have male summons, and i claim Slickback

How would we deal with it?  Just not care about the theme?  Or restrict what kind of customization options you get?

Personally I would say do it with reskin & coloration options. While it would be nice to have the ability to make custom costumes for all of your pets that's probably not practical. However making it so that you can choose different skins and recolor those skins is probably a more reasonable approach. That being said it's still a lot of work.

Defender Smash!

Personally I would say do it with reskin & coloration options. While it would be nice to have the ability to make custom costumes for all of your pets that's probably not practical. However making it so that you can choose different skins and recolor those skins is probably a more reasonable approach. That being said it's still a lot of work.

There's no reason for it to not be practical. We should really be able to design our pets with the same interface we make mobs for the AE.

• 1 year later