Base Request Items

pheeonix

One of the devs, Sean McCann, worked on some of the signarture story arcs. He posted samples showing lava effects here: http://mcseanportfolio.blogspot.com/2012/08/city-of-heroes-signature-story-arc-maps.html?m=1

Speaking of signature arcs, it would be really nice to have that Babylonian goddess wall from one of the villain signature arcs - think it was Ghost Widow's.  In the mission you have to break it down IIRC - none of my villains are anywhere close to those levels. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Long request list.

From N_Warehouse_15_Layout_07_01

Grated ramps and walkways

pipes and valve wheel

From N_Warehouse_30_Layout_02_01

Door and walls

Elevator

From NOMANSLADY

Painting, shelves, and walls

From Nova Praetoria

Waterfall

Elevator buttons and doors

flooring

From P_Office_30_Layout_01_06

Everything: Stairs, railings, pillars, upper floor sections, stair walls, flooring, wall panels

From P_Office_30_Layout_03_03

Safety deposit boxes

From P_Tech_30_Layout_09_01

Elevator

Glass and wall frame for glass

Glowing hex screen, tintable please

From P_TECH_BIO_30_LAYOUT_01_01

Ceiling lights

Floors, walls, ceiling lights

Tanks of tintable liquid

More tanks of tintable liquid

lighted stairs, rails, and cool walls

Walls and ceiling

From P_Tunnels_15_Layout_03_01

Octogon grate

From P_TUNNELS_30_LAYOUT_09_01

Big Gate

Door with keypad

Concrete stairs and ramp

Wall grate and chain link fence walls

Image names are tagged with the whereami location and it's also located in the chatbox on the screen to make things easier.

Yes, us base builders want everything!

• Like 3

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

"The secure laptop in the lab. A prototype plasma hand cannon. Four quantum grenades, a phase field generator, a handful of tracking devices, Rauth's briefcase, body armor, a satellite phone, two SSDs, a Beretta 9mm, and my lunch."

Something to remember that Leandro and Wolf mentioned in the twitch feed is that some items may seem reasonably sized when you're in the missions, but when you try to put them in a base, they are ginormous. 

Scaling is a weird thing.

Still, some of those things are pretty cool, and would definitely provide more theme/color/texture variations. 

I nearly cried with joy when I saw all the new options for building outside and such. So cool!! :D

I'm thrilled we have the items from Manticore's mansion added; they're so pretty, and I'd love to have all the rest of them.

I definitely agree that more ground types (sand, gravel, etc.) would be super helpful. And whoever mentioned enlarging the arrows to flip between tabs, yes please.

The other thing I'd love (but which may not be possible) is a nudge command. When trying to get the nitpicky little details lined up (especially on very large items it's hard to zoom in on), it would be really awesome to be able to just hit an arrow key or numpad key to edge the item one unit in whichever grid size is selected.

Overall, though, absolutely loving getting to play with all the stuff my little SG couldn't afford before. :)

• Like 1

Something to remember that Leandro and Wolf mentioned in the twitch feed is that some items may seem reasonably sized when you're in the missions, but when you try to put them in a base, they are ginormous. 

Scaling is a weird thing.

Still, some of those things are pretty cool, and would definitely provide more theme/color/texture variations.

Yup, but we don't know unless we ask. ^_^

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

"The secure laptop in the lab. A prototype plasma hand cannon. Four quantum grenades, a phase field generator, a handful of tracking devices, Rauth's briefcase, body armor, a satellite phone, two SSDs, a Beretta 9mm, and my lunch."

This was on the Original Game live, and I'd love to see this fixed.

Under "Ceiling Walls," Sewer and Dingy are identical and Industrial and Factory are identical. I would think Dingy is more like the smaller bricks shown on the walls here which are Dingy and Dingy 2, and what is showing under Industrial is really Factory. See pictures below.

While we're on Base Styles, I'd also completely adore getting some of the wall styles as tintable surface plates.  ;D

Showing the walls on the right as Dingy, Dingy 2, and Dingy 3, and the top left Ceiling Walls as Dingy, but they look like Sewer.

sewerdingy.png

Showing the Industrial walls on the right, and Industrial Ceiling Walls on the top left looks like Factory.

IndustrialFactory.png

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

I do not know if this is possible, easy to do, difficult to do, or what. But just throwing this out there!

I'd like it if we could use the office building walls seen in missions within the bases. I've got an idea or three for a base I'd like to build that's got an office building atmosphere to it, but the tilesets in the game right now don't really feel like they fit it too well.

I understand completely if it requires additional assets that don't exist, or if it's difficult to do for whatever reason. Just hoping it would be possible in the future!

So I was checking out the beta and checking out all the new furniture and pieces added to the base editor. I noticed you guys added the round bridge hubs from Founders' Falls and St. Martials, but not the actual bridges from Founders' Falls.

Any reason for that

Whenever you see a bunch of items on a "theme" being added but some are conspicuously missing, there are three likely explanations:

- Too many backfacing polygons making the piece a mess of holes when placed.

- Position/Rotation anchor points aren't in a logical place, for example you try to place a door and it appears 200 feet away.

- It has some extra properties with special uses in maps that break in the base editor, for example door entities or volume triggers.

Which one was true of that particular piece, I don't know.

Any chance of a setting for the base's walls similar to the Open Sky setting for ceilings? It'd help people who can't figure out how to build out of the upper/lower bounds make an outdoor base without having to hire/contract/sginvite/favor-for-favor/whatever someone who does know, at the very least.

Would love if the platform pieces under Tech had closed edges, so they could be used standalone.

Currently using various other items as edging to cover the gaps, but it's a lot of extra work if you have tons of platform pieces.

Also, one square wide bridge pieces, with and without rails, would be great.

• Like 1

Oh, and BIGGER PLOTS!

I'm kinda spoiled, but I wanna make an aircraft carrier. Need moar space!

:)

This, not for the same reasons (Takamoto Industries is a corporation and Kiba no Doku is a ninja clan/village, so both need big spaces). Though there is, if you can figure out how, the option of building above the map, as well.

I would like the see a jukebox that actually plays songs.

For example imagine you have a billiards room with a bar and a nice classic jukebox that doesn't play music throughout the "whole" base but just in the area like the  sound effects of the portal.  Which when clicked on would give  you a playlist of the songs in your data/sound/ogg folder.

What would be very useful if some kind of ambient sky lighting when building outside the base like on the roof etc.

That would be really cool!

What I would like to see which may or may not be possible is a Auction House vendor. Also it would be cool if the One armed bandits actually worked, altho I am SURE that it would be a chore to do that. But you asked what I would like to see

When I am good I am very good, when I am bad I am better

Also it would be cool if the One armed bandits actually worked, altho I am SURE that it would be a chore to do that. But you asked what I would like to see

You mean like 'pay Inf in, for a chance to either win big or lose it all' work, or just animate? Either would be awesome, but as just a player, I have no idea how easy or hard that would be.