Base Request Items

pheeonix

What I would like to see which may or may not be possible is a Auction House vendor. Also it would be cool if the One armed bandits actually worked, altho I am SURE that it would be a chore to do that. But you asked what I would like to see

Apparantly the AH code does not interact well with instanced zones, which the bases are.

I'd like to see a set of alphabets/numbers added along with what we have now, but about 1/3 to 1/2 the size.

Adding the planet symbols and maybe some of the other chest detail characters would also be nice.

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I like the new statues on Beta but the non-huge ones are all villains. How about some heroes?

Or possibly in alphabet adding some stars or exclamation marks or similar punctuation in different sizes please.

Thank you to all the devs who have added great items into the base options.

Pandor's Box, Paragon City's magical store, has loads of great pieces, I believe, would make great additions.  Antique display cases, jewelry cases, and unique bookshelves with tomes and objects on the shelves.  Perfect for any Antique Room or Display Hall in both bases and lairs.

• Like 1

The ability to fill in a doorway as we can with regular room squares.

Pleeeeease?

• Like 1

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

"The secure laptop in the lab. A prototype plasma hand cannon. Four quantum grenades, a phase field generator, a handful of tracking devices, Rauth's briefcase, body armor, a satellite phone, two SSDs, a Beretta 9mm, and my lunch."

Plain tintable surfaces! Same as the various current ones, just blank with tintable colors.

Also ones with the textures we find in the various room styles.

Maybe some others like asphalt and steel and concrete.

Okay I'll stop for now.

Here's one I'd love for my current build: road surfaces. Or even just large flat rock surfaces like the grass plates. (I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the new rocks, but I'm trying to build a road that goes off into the distance, and finding a large and flat enough rock to sit on the far edges of the base bounds and look enough like pavement has been an adventure.)

Also sand for beaches. :)

• Like 1

Neon light letters. Cowboy Bob's BBQ Sushi and Disco Emporium needs neon letters.

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

"The secure laptop in the lab. A prototype plasma hand cannon. Four quantum grenades, a phase field generator, a handful of tracking devices, Rauth's briefcase, body armor, a satellite phone, two SSDs, a Beretta 9mm, and my lunch."

How difficult is it to add more styles to the editor?  Would be fantastic to have floor/wall/ceiling texture sets for;

• Office buildings
  • Ships (like the tankers from Striga missions or the destroyer interior from Marchands arc)
  • Tech Lab (also from Praetorian arc)
  • Stained Glass
  • Concrete like the Vanguard base in RWZ
  • Wood paneling
  • Different varieties of stone for cave interiors
  • Supermarket

• Like 1

It would be nice if there was a customizable NPC option (similar to that used for AE mob design), to allow us to populate our bases with non-human inhabitants doing things (though still limited to the cycling emotes or just standing there).  However I realize that's not very likely, given the nature of the code base.

It would be nice if there was a customizable NPC option (similar to that used for AE mob design), to allow us to populate our bases with non-human inhabitants doing things (though still limited to the cycling emotes or just standing there).  However I realize that's not very likely, given the nature of the code base.

Actually Leandro said in his stream (the only one archived on his Twitch channel, LeandroTLZ) it's "on the list", and that's why he hasn't added any new NPCs despite there being quite a few visual and at least a couple functional (Cosmetic Surgeon, Auction House though that one is probably more because it doesn't play nice with instanced mission maps which the base maps technically are). Eventually he wants to switch the NPC tab into one (or maybe three, one for males, one for females, one for Huge bodytype?) standardized NPCs, which you would then assign a model/texture from a list, an animation and/or a function.

Hellion band posters.

Atta's Happy Hour sign. 

spacer.png

Edited by Heraclea
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I'd like to see the existing "door" decor items also duplicated in the Beacon section, so I can place a door that teleports to the next room or the next level when you click it. Elevator doors would be nice, too.

This would be amazing! No more "hiding" portals behind decorative doors. :)

First off, thank you for bringing this back. It's wonderful. I would hug the devs/gms if I could.

Can I request smaller teleport pads/devices. Is there a reason they're so darn big?

The arcane ones are annoyingly loud and all of them are massive. I've done the trick where you use a handscanner (BTW, LOVE handscanner) and then use a interdimensional shard nested in the wall within/around it. so you can click on the scanner to teleport, but couldn't there be a version of the wall-mounted handscanner (a small wallbox) that's clickable/usable with aux devices? Also, not really calling the shard "small" but there is no small teleport power in arcane like the shard.

I'm not sure what I'm suggesting exactly, but something small that works with arcane beacons like the shard. Or just something small (like a hand-scanner) that is an all-in-one item you can mount on a wall that isn't 20' x 20' x 20'. Or just make it so that the shard works with arcane beacons as well as tech ones? Maybe someone who is more "arcane" knowledgeable can recommend suitably "mystic". (small floating eyeball that bobs a bit maybe? It's looking to see if you're okay to pass.) Just not one that is 40' tall.

Also, NPC vanity pets like the snowman (especially if you do frozen room graphics), the demon pet and Rikti monkey for the base? I like the dogs, but maybe those or a cat? This is just pipe-dream stuff, mind you.

Also, I know that a couple of people are asking for customizable NPCs, but how about just NPCs that don't change height, color, hair style, clothing etc. whenever you exit and enter the base. I have a new receptionist every time I go in my base. I feel like I'm on Murphy Brown. (80's show reference). I don't need 50 types of people holding a coffee cup, just one that is not changing constantly.

Also, someone mentioned the "animated" armor from the Midnighters. I'd like any and all of the armors from midnighters; samurai, knight, centaurian, etc. That would be sweet. Or more of some "trophy" stuff other than the "big bads" like...my group would NOT have arachnos's helm or the keyfob of the clockwork king, or whatever. But some lieutenant people you may defeat early on in the game would be cool.

Also an empty display case in a couple of sizes to stick things in. That way you could stick a skull inside of one and then say that it's "Tinder's skull" from DFB, or an axe in one and say it's the axe of some former hero that has retired or passed on.

Also, Text plaques. You know how you have plaques around the city, when you click on them a bunch of historical/back story stuff pops up. Something like that where we could type in our own "This is the jock-strap of the team's most famous hero; Track-star! Known for giving minor villains in the 20's the run-around!" Also...Small plaques, please. They don't need to be 10' x 10'. The size of a book would be pretty awesome to me.

Thank you!

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam

I'm going to second the request for a "/nudge" command and/or a set of buttons in the object properties window for + - x/ + - y/ + - z

For those pesky situations where an object is very far from an anchoring surface or fully enveloped in the selection boxes of other higher priority objects.

Also, adding the Glass Floor as a room style option for low floors.

I'm going to second the request for a "/nudge" command and/or a set of buttons in the object properties window for + - x/ + - y/ + - z

For those pesky situations where an object is very far from an anchoring surface or fully enveloped in the selection boxes of other higher priority objects.

Also, adding the Glass Floor as a room style option for low floors.

The nudge features would be awesome if possible.

The Glass Floor... much like the open skies... would love that!

Any chance of a setting for the base's walls similar to the Open Sky setting for ceilings? It'd help people who can't figure out how to build out of the upper/lower bounds make an outdoor base without having to hire/contract/sginvite/favor-for-favor/whatever someone who does know, at the very least.

And also something similar for floors, for folks who'd like their base to be 'suspended', like an airship or space station.  It's jarring to look down from my Darkspace Runner and see...floor tiles...

Also, don't know if this would be possible, but it would be fun if we could skin NPCs from saved costume files, so as to have themed NPCs besides the main groups, or have all your alts hanging out while you're on your main.  And to be able to 'lock' NPC names, as we can pets'.

• Like 1

I would love to see a smaller size alphabet offered along with the present one....perhaps 1/2 or 1/3 the size. (I figure that would be easier than making a sliding scale for them.)

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!