Base Request Items

pheeonix

Plaques you can put custom text in. Basically stuff like the headstone of a cemetery where you click on it a pop up box will show (I made a memorial for those who died in RL and it would be nice to click on the headstone to see who it was)

I had the same thought. But I also wanted a NPC that can deliver custom pop-up text.

More outdoorsy floor tiles (or even better, floors, a base filled with floor tiles presents its own unique challenges when building); proper ground textures like beachy sands with shells or dirt with (or even without) patches of grass would be amazing. Also smaller path like floor textures would be amazing for us outdoor base builders :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

+1 on #2 

34 minutes ago, refertilizer said:

2.  targets for range that allow targeting and power activations "you know... so it can be a real practice range"

I'm indifferent to the rest (not saying no to them, just indifferent)

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Ideally, custom signage for things like labeling storage racks and enh tables, or for directional assistance within the base (such as "Power Room →", "← Med Bay", etc.). Understanding that coding for signs with custom wording might be difficult,  more alphabet objects with varying sizes and some additional characters like '&', '+', '(', ')', and so forth would be a nice alternative.

Also, and forgive me if someone else brought this one up since I have not read the whole thread, but recipe storage would be awesome.

Edited by B5Freak
Addendum
  • Like 1

229074767_Alt-itisSig.gif.f4c064596e9bdbfa0f3ca8e6ab0046be.gif

Making existing items line up a bit better, please! Some of the meshes are just a LITTLE off, but enough that it makes the OCD in me go crazy. Spent a hour last night just lining up some of those hexagonal cement tiles because they're no quiiiiite at 30 and 60 degree angles.

-g

• Like 1

An option to put "yourself" in there... just like an armor dummy. Cuz I want all of my different outfits lined up in a room.

That and a way to not have the NPCs keep randomly rotating models. I want "my butler" (old guy) greeting everyone that enters 😄 

And maybe more NPC models? I don't see any scientists in that list 😛

Lastly... Can a brother just get some regular painted walls and carpet?

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 6:41 PM, Garble said:

I had the same thought. But I also wanted a NPC that can deliver custom pop-up text.

It might be orders of magnitude easier to make plaques and NPCs that say the SG motto or the SG MotD, since the code is already there to link items to the SG setting data for the logo items.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Xtheth said:

I want war walls. or a wall of trees, or something I can put on the edge of my "above the base" base to stop peeps from going out there.

War walls is an interesting suggestion.  Would certainly help prevent people from falling off the edge while working aesthetically with regard to designing the base as a new city zone.

On 8/12/2019 at 9:26 PM, Xtheth said:

I want war walls. or a wall of trees, or something I can put on the edge of my "above the base" base to stop peeps from going out there.

I've ringed a few "above ground" bases with the roman cliff objects. They're massive, and can create a nice valley effect around an area. Still won't stop people who are determined to hop the fence, but it prevents just walking off the edge.

I heartily second (or twenty eleventh) the call for snow as a ground cover option.  It could be like the grass in terms of sizing and hills, etc. for optimal choices. 

I'd also love love love to have the kind of slippy ice you find in the Frostfire mission (both the ground and the slopes that go up the stairs); one of the reasons I love to solo that mish is the chance to slip-slide all over the place (with "weeee!" playing over in my head as I giggle happily).  Having that available in a winter room in base would be fantastic (I have a shark swimming area so I can swim with sharks without having to go to First Ward, and unless I'm on a team, I rarely go to my base without taking a quick dip). 

Snowy trees would also be nice.  I can't recall if we can change the color of the conifers in the base edit option, but an all white tree or white tinted wouldn't be the same as those heavily-laden snowy trees in the Ski Lodge and Winter Event missions (but it would work great if we had options for creating our own winter wonderlands). 

Also a blizzard area effect would be awesome in addition to the snow options we currently have (though maybe swirling blizzards of buffeting snow would be too FX heavy?). 

And maybe make some of the sculpture options available in ice?  Oooh, and how about an ice skating rink or frozen pond? And a sleigh. And eight tiny reindeer.  Heh, okay, just kidding (mostly) on those last two.

• Like 1