MM's and their Secondary Set.

GhtRayleigh

Hi!,

First time playing an MM, played a lot more melee back in the day, and I was curious about which MM secondary powers were some of the better ones to use. I've already narrowed down my main one to demons. So anything that works really well with them in particular? Or that's just good to have all around? I was thinking of doing thermal just to keep with the "fire/hell" theme, but would love some insight on the subject.

Thanks!

"Inherited Will, The Destiny of the Age, and The Dreams of the People. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of Freedom, these things will never cease to be!" -Gol D. Roger

I love the demon set on MM's and before the original shutdown leveled with /storm, /dark and /thermal. Dark and Thermal really are made for a demon MM with good synergy between both sets, if I remember my dark was a debuff nightmare which I solo'd a bit more as my thermal seemed more team centric with his buffs. If you want something really interesting go demon/storm as it was my funnest to play, the combo of lightning storm, hurricane and tornado with my demons hurling fire and running to claw attack was such beautiful chaos

Poison was always my favourite and it used to be unique to Masterminds. It's got some really amazing debuffs. Masterminds are the only ones who get the amazing Mag 1000 hold proc so you can watch Ghost Widow throw up her lunch all over her boots.

• Like 2

LGBT Plus Ultra on Everlasting.

Which secondary is the best for solo'ing content? Just curious.

"Inherited Will, The Destiny of the Age, and The Dreams of the People. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of Freedom, these things will never cease to be!" -Gol D. Roger

• 11 months later
On 5/3/2019 at 7:02 AM, GhtRayleigh said:

Which secondary is the best for solo'ing content? Just curious.

Of the ones I've leveled enough, /Nature seems to be positioned very nicely; your heal is an aimed cone, so you can stay behind your pets and keep them healed, and both Wild Bastion and Wild Growth buff your pets significantly; Lifegiving Spores creates a healing area you can drop under a fight, and Overgrowth can buff your pets' damage and ToHit. You've only got the one debuff you get automatically at creation, but the range of buffs you get really helps keep your pets alive. It doesn't really have good thematic synergy with any particular primary but it's still a good secondary.

• 2 weeks later
On 5/1/2020 at 10:17 AM, srmalloy said:

Of the ones I've leveled enough, /Nature seems to be positioned very nicely; your heal is an aimed cone, so you can stay behind your pets and keep them healed, and both Wild Bastion and Wild Growth buff your pets significantly; Lifegiving Spores creates a healing area you can drop under a fight, and Overgrowth can buff your pets' damage and ToHit. You've only got the one debuff you get automatically at creation, but the range of buffs you get really helps keep your pets alive. It doesn't really have good thematic synergy with any particular primary but it's still a good secondary.

Someone has apparently forgotten about spore cloud, an anchor debuff which gives nice -to hit and -damage, and also a fairly nasty -reneneration to rival any other set. It goes a LONG way towards keeping your pets alive against Hard targets and helping them kill it much quicker.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later

The whole Demon/Storm combination is just epic looking.  It’s like the Apocalypse.  Lightning striking foes, hailstorms dropping everyone on their backs, Demons literally throwing fire and brimstone, fiery tornados flipping enemies this way and that, a fiery whip cracking overhead....sigh.  Such a beautiful sight of high damage chaos.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2020 at 12:13 PM, Destlin said:

If a question in answered in a well fashioned manner then a necro/ is warranted.

Necro/Dark/Soul, of course! You can debuff even AV accuracy! You are a grim minister of death, praying for war. Not only the dead, but even the shadows obey you.

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

• 2 weeks later

With demons? /Nature, /Thermal, and /EA are tanky as fuck. /Dark is less tanky but that's because it depends alot on debuffs and like if your debuff anchor gets hit it hurts. Demons/time is not a bad set though not as good as resistance based sets, but mixing def and resistance is still pretty solidly effective. Demons/storm is one of the hardest hitting powersets in the game, but more fragile overall than other sets as storm is not heavy on defenses and heals.