Kruunch's Elec/Shield Build

Kruunch

17 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Actually, looking in Stalker build, Spring Attack.  The main problem is the recockulous recharge time.
Even fully enhanced for Recharge, Fireball is up 3-4x more often than Spring Attack.

The problem is, the ATO is "chance to".  Not a guarantee.

Yeah this build is recharge heavy. If you're looking for the budget version, Fireball might be the way to go. My SA is at about 30 seconds recharge currently. With all of the other AOEs in this build, Fireball seems redundant to me but build to flavor.

As for the Hide ATO, other Stalker vets can chime in here (I'm a Stalker newb) but as far as my game play goes, it works well enough that I generally never Assassinate from hide (I use ither Chain Induction for the guaranteed crit or Thunderstrike for the multi-crit if there are still a lot of mobs up) and I respec'd out of Placate. Placate just slows the whole chain down I've found.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kruunch said:

Yeah this build is recharge heavy. If you're looking for the budget version, Fireball might be the way to go. My SA is at about 30 seconds recharge currently. With all of the other AOEs in this build, Fireball seems redundant to me but build to flavor.

As for the Hide ATO, other Stalker vets can chime in here (I'm a Stalker newb) but as far as my game play goes, it works well enough that I generally never Assassinate from hide (I use ither Chain Induction for the guaranteed crit or Thunderstrike for the multi-crit if there are still a lot of mobs up) and I respec'd out of Placate. Placate just slows the whole chain down I've found.

No, what I'm saying is that the recharge on Spring Attack (2 minutes) is out of whack with similar powers (like Shield Charge or Lightning Rod).
And, even given heavy +Recharge and Recharge enhancement, you can STILL knock off Fireball at LEAST 2-3x before SA comes up for it's second use.
On your 30 second SA build, you'll see that Fireball is up roughly every 8 seconds.

In the end, more DOT with Fireball.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

5 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

No, what I'm saying is that the recharge on Spring Attack (2 minutes) is out of whack with similar powers (like Shield Charge or Lightning Rod).
And, even given heavy +Recharge and Recharge enhancement, you can STILL knock off Fireball at LEAST 2-3x before SA comes up for it's second use.
On your 30 second SA build, you'll see that Fireball is up roughly every 8 seconds.

not pretending to be an expert on the powerset but, dont forget there is also judgement incarnate.  doesnt seem like the AoE is lacking in general.

it probably comes down to tradeoffs.  combat jumping is an amazing power.  easy, cheap defense (and lotg mule) so you are only "wasting" 1 power to grab spring attack.  to grab fireball you need to pick up 2 worthless powers (granted fireblast is probably OK) and also commit to sacrificing other possibilities -- body mastery does provide a large benefit to endurance.

realistically id probably sooner say you should look at ball lightning instead because it only requires 1 wasted power to grab -- and really it is just a huge shame that zapp's damage from the epic pool is super underwhelming for a snipe for whatever reason cause otherwise it would seem like a solid pathway.

3 hours ago, Sancerre said:

not pretending to be an expert on the powerset but, dont forget there is also judgement incarnate.  doesnt seem like the AoE is lacking in general.

it probably comes down to tradeoffs.  combat jumping is an amazing power.  easy, cheap defense (and lotg mule) so you are only "wasting" 1 power to grab spring attack.  to grab fireball you need to pick up 2 worthless powers (granted fireblast is probably OK) and also commit to sacrificing other possibilities -- body mastery does provide a large benefit to endurance.

realistically id probably sooner say you should look at ball lightning instead because it only requires 1 wasted power to grab -- and really it is just a huge shame that zapp's damage from the epic pool is super underwhelming for a snipe for whatever reason cause otherwise it would seem like a solid pathway.

Incorrect.  To pick up Acrobatics or Spring Attack, you need TWO powers from the Leaping pool before it can be chosen and your minimum level must be 14.

7 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Incorrect.  To pick up Acrobatics or Spring Attack, you need TWO powers from the Leaping pool before it can be chosen and your minimum level must be 14.

yea combat jumping is incredible in every build.  i would never consider it a waste.  super cheap end cost, makes flight abilities 100x better to use, and a great place to dump unique defense IOs (lotg).  so you would pick up super jump as the filler power.  realistically, there is not much competition in the power pools, so i dont see where you are losing out here personally.  hasten and combat jumping are a baseline in every toon ive made.

22 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Except Fireball doesn't synergize with the build well. It isn't able to crit (neither is SA), would block you from raising Assassination stacks (especially due to its low recharge), breaks hide (SA doesn't) and doesn't offer passive control (SA has a high percentage AOE knockdown effect).

The only upside to FB in my mind is range which usually isn't an issue on a telenuke build 😉

59 minutes ago, Kruunch said:

Except Fireball doesn't synergize with the build well. It isn't able to crit (neither is SA), would block you from raising Assassination stacks (especially due to its low recharge), breaks hide (SA doesn't) and doesn't offer passive control (SA has a high percentage AOE knockdown effect).

The only upside to FB in my mind is range which usually isn't an issue on a telenuke build 😉

How the hell does SA NOT break Hide?
That sounds like a bug.

On 8/13/2019 at 11:05 AM, Hyperstrike said:

How the hell does SA NOT break Hide?
That sounds like a bug.

All of the telenukes (LR, SC, SA) are classified as pseudopets (why? I have no idea) which do not break the Hidden status.

23 hours ago, Kruunch said:

All of the telenukes (LR, SC, SA) are classified as pseudopets (why? I have no idea) which do not break the Hidden status.

Maybe when you teleport to that location, the game puts a tp pad there to move your character to so they had to have the pad do the damage or make it where the game had to put off the damage until the server fully synced your new location.

Edited by Marshal_General

You get used to the clickie status protection and it actually ends up being nice as it can double or triple stack depending on slotting and global recharge. Mine's double stacked with one boosted recharge IO. You'll want to keep it double stacked because of the defense debuff resistance in it just as much as the mez protection. 

If you only have one auto-power use it on active defense and click hasten manually. Or use the rolling auto tricks to keep both going. On mine my slot 1 power autos active defense, slot 2 hasten, slot 3 ageless. format for that is /bind 1 "$$powexec_slot 1$$powexecauto active defense" etc.

3 hours ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

Or use the rolling auto tricks to keep both going. On mine my slot 1 power autos active defense, slot 2 hasten, slot 3 ageless. format for that is /bind 1 "$$powexec_slot 1$$powexecauto active defense" etc.

@Veelectric BoogalooTo make sure I am understanding...you are binding your clickies to your attacks? I have not started using any binds...that seems like a neat trick.

Yes, cribbed from 

Spoiler

The only problem is I often mindlessly double click attack buttons so my attacks will switch to a new target when my current dies. double clicking will of course auto then un-auto with this setup. have to remember to keep an eye on my auto powers to make sure they're set when their timers are close. makes chain wonky too at times but i still prefer it to having to watch and manually click.

10 hours ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

Yes, cribbed from 

Reveal hidden contents

The only problem is I often mindlessly double click attack buttons so my attacks will switch to a new target when my current dies. double clicking will of course auto then un-auto with this setup. have to remember to keep an eye on my auto powers to make sure they're set when their timers are close. makes chain wonky too at times but i still prefer it to having to watch and manually click.

I have re-thought how the system works and will edit it again tomorrow with an improved system. Nothing will really prevent the un-auto if pressed twice in a row though.

Edit: It is done.

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been trying to find a way to leave one on auto fire while setting another up to fire when I attack. The problem I am running into is that it works for the first attack, but will not fire the attack off. I keep getting the power is recharging error instead of the attack.

I tried bind 1 "powexecslot 1$$powexecname Hasten"

I have also tried using to bind files to switch between hasten and and slot 1 which I think worked a bit better. Coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

You're trying to fire two powers which is why it will not work. To fire two powers you need to use the auto command which goes around that limitation.

On 8/16/2019 at 10:58 AM, TungstenShark said:

@Kruunch How do you feel about having your Status Protection on a clickie as opposed to a toggle? That is the only thing holding me back from trying this type of build. I cannot stand being taken out of a fight and am so used to Scrappers who have their protection always on in a toggle.

I had the same initial reaction to having status protection on a click power but in practice it works just fine. The downside is the 1 second animation that *always* interrupts you in whatever you're doing (just annoying, not functionally impacting).

The upside is you can double stack if for more status protection and more importantly, extra defense debuff resistance (huge for defense based sets).

On 8/16/2019 at 8:48 AM, Marshal_General said:

Maybe when you teleport to that location, the game puts a tp pad there to move your character to so they had to have the pad do the damage or make it where the game had to put off the damage until the server fully synced your new location.

As good a reason as any ... I guess? Just not exactly intuitive as how it interacts with the Hidden status 😉

After playing my build for a extented time i wanted to give some feedback here.

I went for the assault hybrid, musculature alpha, ageless destiny, -res proc, mighty judgement and longbow healer lore.

Endurance was quite a problem but was fixed with ageless. After that i even have grant cover on if i am solo for the defense debuff protection.

Damage is absurdely good AOE and single target (Thx Moonbeam).

Solo experience:

If i want to farm, i go to my spine/fire brute. But this build is capable of killing missions +4/8. I have to be carefully from time to time and activate the defensive cooldowns or take a purple but i only die if i don't pay attention or get some really annoying enemys like malta. Archvillains take a long time and some of them require the use of some inspirations. I guess some other lore pets would be better. If someone can suggest good pets to kill AV i would try it out.

What i mostly do play solo is +1/1 ghost fast through the missions, but every stalker can do that. It is just for getting badges or some fast mertits, like in the sister psyche arc.

Group experience:

I play mostly with my Supergroup and we got a Fortunata and Crabmind in the group. I get alone from these two players more than 40% defense, then my grant cover comes on top of all that for the rest of the team. I have moonbeam ALLWAYS as instant because of the leadership buffs. We kill things so brutally fast that i can not tell you what really is going on. The only one who manages to die is our Crab 😂 (he states it is only for the vengeance buff)

If we don't have our brute pall, it is me who has aggro and tank pretty well. 

It is no problem to shortcut a mission if we want to. I got the temp power from the p2w vendor to teleport the whole team to me. But again, evety Stalker can do that.

What i can do, is to split from the group and solo some mission goals, but then i would miss out on dying crabs😛

• 3 weeks later
33 minutes ago, DarknessEternal said:

Do we know definitively if charged brawl is better than havoc punch?

It's pretty much a wash. Charged is +1 in DPA according to pine's. So pretty much use whichever you prefer. All other things being equal i'll take shorter animation. There are many who'd default to higher damage in such a scenario though.

• 4 weeks later

Slightly improved version of this build I'm currently running:

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Kraash: Level 50 Technology Stalker
Primary Power Set: Electrical Melee
Secondary Power Set: Shield Defense
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Havoc Punch -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(3), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Hide -- DefBuff-I(A)
Level 2: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(7), LucoftheG-Def(9), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 4: Battle Agility -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 6: Assassin's Shock -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(17)
Level 8: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(50), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(50)
Level 12: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 14: Spring Attack -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(23), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(23), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), Obl-%Dam(27)
Level 16: Active Defense -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 18: Chain Induction -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(31)
Level 20: Build Up -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--Build%(34)
Level 22: Against All Odds -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(34), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 26: Thunder Strike -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-%Dam(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 28: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 32: Lightning Rod -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(40), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Obl-%Dam(42)
Level 35: Shield Charge -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(42), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Obl-%Dam(45)
Level 38: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 41: True Grit -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 44: Zapp -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(46), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(48), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(48)
Level 47: Grant Cover -- DefBuff-I(A)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(17), Pnc-Heal/+End(19)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(19), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(21), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(21)
------------

11 hours ago, Zer0 Hour said:

Kruunch, what do you attach chains look like?

Typically Build Up, Lightning Rod, Shield Charge, Spring Attack, Zapp (if strong boss) otherwise Thunderstrike, Chain Induction, Havoc Punch (rinse and repeat between BU, Zapp, TS, CI, HP). 

Normally I'll have the telenukes up every pack. Sometimes I can double telenuke chain longer fights.

For Incarnate Alpha I've gone Agility to get my Defense where I like it to be (~50%+ all positional).