Recommend a pairing for /Bio besides TW

HoundsTooth

I want to roll a /bio scrapper. I usually see Titan Weapons/Bio recommended, but I’m not a fan of TW. I don’t like the momentum mechanic. I like to play my Scrappers without thinking too much, and I don’t like managing momentum (or Fury for that matter).

I’m thinking of rolling a Fire/Bio but it doesn’t seem very synergistic. Does anyone have a pairing to recommend?

I don't think TW is especially synergistic either, besides "high DPS + Offensive = best DPS". Any other primary should work fine.

Claws/Bio or Savage/Bio seem like natural matches, concept-wise. Once I get bored of my current batch of characters, I plan to make a "corrupted by Rularuu" claws/bio with the giant Rularuu claws.

Edited by Hopeling

War mace, it's really damn good, hits like a truck with its single target attacks while its cone and pbaoe aren't anything to scoff at either. No fancy mechanics to deal with and with enough recharge it has a pretty simple rotation of 3 attacks (some other builds can do the same with enough recharge, still worth noting though)

Edited to add, not sure if it makes a difference, but the set also has a satisfying meaty sound to it. Really makes it feel like you're walloping the bad guys.

Edited by Bloodofcaine

Currently leveling a WM/Bio Scrapper (lvl 27 currently), and it's been a ton of fun. WM's main issue (like TW) is its endurance drain, and Bio has wonderful recovery. It's a great pairing. With Offensive Adaptation, you do stupid damage. I can't wait for Crowd Control. 

On 8/4/2019 at 9:25 AM, HoundsTooth said:

I'm between War Mace and Rad Melee. 

I've never played a scrapper with a damage aura (let alone two damage auras if I take radiaition), do enemies run from you? Does /bio have a way to keep them taunted?

Bio has a damage aura as well as a taunt aura that provides different effects based on the current Adaptation. You'll always be surrounded by enemies. Though sometimes that can be an issue when you're squishy at lower levels and in Offensive Adaptation, so be prepared.

WM is a lotta fun and I recommend everyone try it once. I had a Strong and Pretty on Live.

Another set I recommend people try once is Savage melee. It doesn’t seem to get much love, but it’s a fast-paced set with a lot of really nice attack animations. It has a lot of added DoT, and it has a mechanic called Blood Frenzy which reduced Endurance cost and recharge the more attacks you do in rapid succession. 

Kinetic Melee/Bio

Good damage output, solid survivability, and an active playstyle (especially if you slot Overwhelming Force KB->KD in Repulsing Torrent).

Routine attack routine is to pre-activate Repulsing Torrent and charge forward. Once at maximum range, the charge will be interrupted by the activation of Repulsing Torrent, launching an attack which knocks groups down. Then the charge will continue to the targeted foe. Once up in the group, activate Burst. By that time most of the foes you have knocked down will have just gotten to their feet and be knocked down again. . .at least the ones who aren't defeated. Melee individual targets until Repulsing Torrent is available again, at which point you leap away while activating Repulsing Torrent. This will cause you to spin to face your most recent target and again do an area attack which knocks down everything in range. Rinse and repeat.

Power Siphon is nothing short of amazing, especially while in Offensive Stance.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 1:35 PM, Erratic1 said:

Power Siphon is nothing short of amazing, especially while in Offensive Stance.

Doubly so if you slap a Gaussian chance for BU in there. Then you get Power Siphon *and* Build Up rolled in one power.

THEN you reach level 32, and you start getting instant recharges all the time thanks to Concentrated Strike.

It's definitely worth pilfering inf from another alt to buy the attuned version as soon as you create the character, makes your leveling experience smooth as butter.

Spines works conceptually and visually: you sprout and emanate various nasties.  Spines is a demanding attack set like TW, so it makes sense to pair it with an endurance friendly defense set like Bio.  I have this combo on a tanker that I enjoy quite a bit. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291