Powerset Concepts: Compilation (Melee)

Zepp

Melee

Melee is a powerset currently used by Scrappers, Brutes, and Tanks  that uses melee attacks. This thread is designed as a compilation of proposed Melee powersets. I will do my best to go through the entire forum to find all Melee powersets, however if I do miss one (or not describe one as you like) let me know.

Tendril Melee (19.06.03.23.54.01): A flexible take on Spines. --set is not described in post, but linked to via Google Docs--

Toxic Melee (19.06.25.15.57.04): Toxic damage in a spineless melee set.

Bio Melee (19.06.25.15.57.05): An AoE-centric melee set that combines Lethal/Smashing/Toxic damage for a toxicly lethal smash.

Volcanic Melee (19.06.27.09.31.02): Heat and smashing damage will literally melt your enemies faces. More AoE than Fiery Melee, with different mechanics.

Reaper Scythe (19.06.30.08.46.01): A new take on battle axe that really reaps rewards when attacking higher level foes.

Astral Guardian (19.07.12.12.10.01): Astral projection that packs a punch. --set is not described in post, but linked to via Google Docs--

Psi-Blade (19.07.20.09.59.01): Occam's Razor eat your heart out!

Telekinetic Melee (19.07.20.09.59.02): Telekinetics with melee range and a mage-hand feel.

Mental Melee (19.07.20.09.59.03): Really getting into the minds of your opponents.

Single-handed Spear (19.07.20.09.59.04): Stabby-stabby-pokey-pokey.

Multi-Limbed Melee (19.07.25.04.33.01): Four arms are better than two!

Martial Prowess / MMA (19.08.10.11.14.01): A mix of current martial arts sets for a different feel.

Rapier Melee (19.08.15.12.10.02): Dibs on the name Inigo Montoya! ST focus with rapier-quick wit and attacks...

Vampiric Melee (19.08.18.06.35.02): When you just wanna say, "bite me."

Gravitic Melee (19.08.29.09.03.01): A really heavy concept. Just remember the inverse square law...

Daggers Melee (19.10.29.11.03.01): Et tu Brute?

Temporal Melee (10.11.04.21.58.01): The time is right for this melee set!

Note: Some powerset proposals were left out because they were just suggestions and not detailed sufficiently for inclusion.

Note: I will also be doing a compilation for other types of powersets, but am doing them one at a time to keep the sets manageable.

Note: DD8811 is the color I am using for Melee.

----- Taking a break, will complete this post at a later date, just finished going through the first 25 pages of the threads. -----

Edited by Zepp
Added Daggers & Temporal
  • Thanks 2

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

2 hours ago, Varkarrus said:

I have a couple that I made before I started crossposting them to this forum:

Tendril Melee

Rapier Melee

and Astral Guardian Melee

Varkarrus, I picked up Tendril and Astral from your other posts. I believe you shared Rapier with JusticeBeliever, but I haven't been able to spot it in the forums. If I can't find it I will link to your post in this thread when I've finished going through the other threads.

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2019 at 7:00 AM, Chance Jackson said:

Thank you for including my set in this compilation!

I'm trying to include all sets that have been posted. Let me know if you find any I've missed as I am going through all of the threads and there may be some deep-thread gems that I overlooked.

• Like 1

Finally finished going through all the threads. I think I caught all the suggestions. If I missed any, let me know. Next up is ranged!!!

4 hours ago, Leogunner said:

You didn't. 

What defined melee powersets proposal did I miss?

One thing that I think would be a good addition would be sonic or "vibro" melee.  We have sonic blast and support/debuff sets, so this seems like a natural fit.  The set would focus on damage resistance debuffs, but perhaps the melee set could have a PBAoE toggle or click that can put enemies to sleep,  a la 'Siren's Song' from the blast set.  You could also have a short cone attack that knocks enemies down, like shockwave.  A sonic armor set would go with this, too.

Edited by biostem

44 minutes ago, Leogunner said:

Thank you.  I figured if it was me that said it, it'd be clue enough it was a topic I posted myself.

Thank you for your "help" but for future reference, it is preferable to provide a link. I go through hundreds of threads and posts putting these compilation threads together. There are going to be posts/threads that I miss (especially if it looks like it is a reskin rather than a concept), sometimes threads slip between pages as new posts appear while I'm searching. It happens. So, if I miss something, just providing a link rather than a comment that sounds like snark is a better way to get concepts included faster.

Just now, Zepp said:

Thank you for your "help" but for future reference, it is preferable to provide a link. I go through hundreds of threads and posts putting these compilation threads together. There are going to be posts/threads that I miss (especially if it looks like it is a reskin rather than a concept), sometimes threads slip between pages as new posts appear while I'm searching. It happens. So, if I miss something, just providing a link rather than a comment that sounds like snark is a better way to get concepts included faster.

And you say I sound like snark...I was trying to help you >_>

• Confused 1

Gravitic has been added...

I want to offer up thanks to Varkarrus, biostem, Chance Jackson, Rylas, daveyfiacre, Steampunkette and many others for putting forth these brillant ideas both here & in the other Archetype/Powerset threads.

And a special thanks to Zepp for compiling it all.

This community is a wealth of great ideas, you should all be congratulated & commended for your efforts.

Edited by Shadowsleuth
  • Thanks 1

Added Temporal Melee. Thanks to @WanderingAries for suggesting it and @Steampunkette for fleshing it out.

Added Daggers Melee. Thanks to @biostem for proposing this set.

Edited by Zepp