Show Off!!

So.... Been working on this, slowly but surely.  Ain't nut'in too fancy, and not quite finished, but I'm pleased with it.

Olympic sized swimming pool with lanes.  Opted to go without diving board.

gWGiPIf.jpg

There are two hot tubs

C86PtfU.jpg

And two steam saunas

qVgwt5L.jpg

1iOc7bT.jpg

The Island of the 10th Zen Cobra is the base of operations for the Super Group called Redeemed.  The Zen Cobras, children of dragons and humans who do no harm, have taught generations how to change their venom into medicine. Lord Recluse, in his hubris, has almost completely closed the island's gate to the forgiven realm in hopes of taking it's secrets on venom.  Zen Cobra Ten formed Redeemed to help mankind, and specifically Lord Recluse, to atone for wicked acts.  The island and its temple and monastery t are open to any whose hearts are pure or crying out to become pure.  A shrine to the Great Healing Serpent is at the island's heart.  Do not be mistaken, the serpent is not to be worshiped. Instead it hopes you will listen to the truth.

The entrance below the sea:

Redeemed-entrance-1.jpg

Redeemed-Entrance-2.jpg 

The Portal Room connects all over Paragon City, and allows for intra-base transport.

Redeemed-portals-1.jpg

redeemed-portal-3.jpg

The Waterfall represents the last bit of opening to the Forgiven Realm.  Its healing waters will rescue any hero attuned to it from death.

redeemed-waterfall-1.jpg

redeemed-waterfall-2.jpg

The peaceful grove is a place of contemplation and mediation.  Spirits and people alike are drawn to rest there.  It is the sight of a massive tree that once allowed itself to be rotten from within.  The healing venom of the Great Healing Serpent brought it back to life.

redeemed-grove-1.jpg

In the peaceful valley, many people and ideas are laid to rest to be born a new from the earth.

redeemed-valley-1.jpg

redeemed-valley-2.jpg

The Temple and Monastery of the Great Healing Serpent serve as a place of prayer and study.  New initiates from all over the world have come to learn the ancient secrets of healing.

width=700https://coh-pics.s3.amazonaws.com/redeemed-temple+-1.jpg[/img]

redeemed-temple-3.jpg

redeemed-temple-4.jpg

redeemed-temple-5.jpg

It is said the Great Healing Serpent visits the shrine in the temple and can be addressed directly through the statue.  She speaks with 10000 voices, but if you can not hear them, there may be more training necessary.

redeemed-shrine-1.jpg

redeemed-shrine-2.jpg

redeemed-shrine-3.jpg

Finally, a hawkseye view:

redeemed-hawskview-1.jpg

• Like 1

Still a work in progress, but then again when are our bases every truly finished? @.@

\ Castle Entrance /

2fc46bd49d2b0c6db6d60c4535ce25e5.jpg

-

\ Med Bay /

0f0d524edc9c73714d4392c2d28b2c30.jpg

(still need to decorate walls)

-

\ Pillar of Ice and Flame /

1e966c36f10aebf92950bf89ccc994c9.png

-

\ Foggy Haunted Graveyard in the Rain /

df5189b83b1b933d347e75f69f42d70a.png

What did you use for the green glowy things on the ground in your entrance pic? Also, are those green fires just the "green fire"? If so, yours look brighter than the ones in the editor. Looks great btw =)

The Waterfall represents the last bit of opening to the Forgiven Realm.  Its healing waters will rescue any hero attuned to it from death.

redeemed-waterfall-1.jpg

redeemed-waterfall-2.jpg

I adore the fact that you have made a high concept supergroup with its own unique backstory and culture, and built your base around it.  I made my Amazon Army medbay into a purple healing chamber; this is better.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

redeemed-waterfall-1.jpg

redeemed-waterfall-2.jpg

I adore the fact that you have made a high concept supergroup with its own unique backstory and culture, and built your base around it.  I made my Amazon Army medbay into a purple healing chamber; this is better.

After reading your in-depth, excellently conceived story for new colchis/ Amazon Army, I will receive that as a high compliment.  Thank you.

Supergroup: The Eternal Guardians

Passcode: SEPT-3012 (Torchbearer)

Base Name: Zynavia (zen-aye-vee-ah) translates to "Sanctum of Eternity"

Lore: Discovered on September 30th, 2012 by Paragon's Agency of Investigation and Defense (P.A.I.D.) when a mysterious mist formed in a mountainous region of Paragon and cleared to reveal Zynavia.  The Midnighters and Menders of Ouroboros were quickly notified of the discovery to help analyze and uncover the secrets of Zynavia.

There was little to no progress made in the research of Zynavia until April 24th of 2019 when the Menders of Ouroboros detected unusual activity within its cavern.  Some of the interior rocks began pulsing with energy and a pillar of ice and flame emerged from the center of the ground, turning nearby rocks to dust.  Since that event, a surge of superpowered beings began inhabiting both the Praetorian and Primal Earths.

It is unclear whether or not the events witnessed inside Zynavia were the cause of the amplified conflict between the forces of good and evil within and between the worlds or if it all unrelated.  What is known is that several of those championing for the forces of good have been drawn to and claim a deep connection to Zynavia.  Those superpowered beings now call Zynavia their home under the title of "The Eternal Guardians" - a title they believe once held by the fallen ancestors of Zynavia.  For written on the obelisks is the following: "It is not we, The Guardians, who are Eternal, it is the will of those who forever carry the torch and oppose the darkness."

Navigation Notes: You do not need to use teleport points to access any area, they are strictly for quick navigation.  Accessed via mushrooms near entrance and stone rings on two portals found elsewhere.

Entry Point: (Aleph Point)

Base1.jpg

Sanctuary Entrances:

Base2.jpg

Base2A.jpg

Base2B.jpg

Teleportation & Recovery:  (Zayan Point)

Base3.jpg

Base4.jpg

Storage: (Samekh Point)

Base5.jpg

Personal Quarters: ( 1 of 8 )

Base6.jpg

Cavern:  (Gimmel Point)

Base7.jpg

? Lake: (Lamedh Point)

Base8.jpg

Thank you for visiting, but before you leave... know that you were likely spotted by the many spirit animals before you spotted them.

Base10.jpg

Edited by SupaFreak
  • Like 4

SupaFreak, that is a beautiful base.  Loving the mystical garden feel to it all.

Would you mind re-sizing the screenies?

Toggle the view with the toggle.gif icon to see the bbcode tags

Add in a width parameter in the first image tag of each picture like so;

[img width=500]

It would really help folks who might be viewing on smaller screens. 

• Thanks 1

So I was going to make a video, but then I realized it would take about an hour to show all the cool stuff I did, i know because I've done them before and this one is pretty decently sized, though I have a big expansion (underground bunker) coming and some tweaks to do with what's already there still.

That said, I'd strongly suggest viewing in game as I've done a lot with sound and animations to help it feel more alive:

Excelsior Server Key: AOO-3515

Album Link: https://imgur.com/a/2S8GY1y

Even just the album is likely to take a while to get through if you examine each one.

e85ve95.png

SupaFreak, that is a beautiful base.  Loving the mystical garden feel to it all.

Would you mind re-sizing the screenies?

Toggle the view with the toggle.gif icon to see the bbcode tags

Add in a width parameter in the first image tag of each picture like so;

[img width=500]

It would really help folks who might be viewing on smaller screens.

Thank you for the reminder... it was late last night and slipped my mind.

So I was going to make a video, but then I realized it would take about an hour to show all the cool stuff I did, i know because I've done them before and this one is pretty decently sized, though I have a big expansion (underground bunker) coming and some tweaks to do with what's already there still.

That said, I'd strongly suggest viewing in game as I've done a lot with sound and animations to help it feel more alive:

I couldn't find a single working port anywhere.  Would've liked to see the top but there's no apparent way to get there. 

So I've finally made some actual progress on my villain base.  It is inside a volcano under the ruins of an ancient temple, and I'm going to try to cram in as many supervillain cliches as I possibly can.

The view from the entrance:

RjzxOol.jpg

The residual magical energies from the temple allow us to warp through space.  Ceiling still under construction.

hxLFSMg.jpg

The tunnel leading to the workshop.  I still need to dress this up a bit.

ZWg4jic.jpg

The vault.

Ci0WORu.jpg

The quartermaster, guarding the money.  We really need bags with dollar signs on them in the editor.

UDXXJnv.jpg

Arcane crafting space, for all your magic potion-making needs.

gpbJle4.jpg

The entrance to the Library of Forbidden Lore.

yxHHTiY.jpg

The inside of the library, with comfy chairs by the fire.

dVgLjmZ.jpg

I'm not sure why... All the ports are tested and working.  The first floor main base has one in the center of three doors and the ports in the depot and xcom are also arachnos doors.  You need to get close to them, you will see a faint glow.  Because they are hidden you cant activate from across the room.  I have personally used the portals at least a dozen times each.  There is also a port to where the underground base will go that is outside main compound

I couldn't find a single working port anywhere.  Would've liked to see the top but there's no apparent way to get there.

So, being an amateur taking some turns with the tools on my end, I was really inspired by the options with the outdoor areas. So I conceived of one of my VGs, Scimitar Securities, having a mobile base ship. Getting a full grasp of the scale is kinda hard from just screenshots, so feel free to explore if you're on Everlasting via the passcode BGC-4604

The entryway is guarded by automated drones before reaching the gravity lift

4dtpUQR.jpg

Which teleports you outside to the mini-sub puttering just beside the base itself

U0SmdOe.jpg

Where sentry guns on the rear nacelles keep track but access to the exterior teleporters is available.

F6B2SKq.jpg

Exterior portals are clearly marked.

M65P7Ox.jpg

Docking Control taking us to the front of the ship

IV2GsDy.jpg

Where tractor beams keep the vessel moored for the moment

s8VKl0S.jpg

YelFYXe.jpg

The Telebay portal takes us "inside" the ship, to the extensive portal system to all zones.

pzk461s.jpg

Watched over by the array of automated drones

jF494RG.jpg

Ib7GOGp.jpg

Of course, Scimitar Securities is very concerned with the security of our allies from Arachnos

b8Gcmfh.jpg

Very concerned.

Yd7pmWv.jpg

We're also very attentive to potential medical emergencies under the strictest of scrutiny.

8n4UTAz.jpg

• Like 1

snip

Stealing the double turrets for part of my base (gonna mount them), also I'm curious about your sub port area, the construction around the main door, how did you manage to make the irregular shape?  I would guess you just clipped some stuff, but it's too think to be anything I recognize.

snip

Stealing the double turrets for part of my base (gonna mount them), also I'm curious about your sub port area, the construction around the main door, how did you manage to make the irregular shape?  I would guess you just clipped some stuff, but it's too think to be anything I recognize.

The piece in question is Polished Metal. Lined a few up around the door and then tilted a couple backwards to provide that upper angled surface.