Show Off!!

Hello everyone, I am still building on our base, but I have to say compared to some basebuilders, I feel like a toddler xD. But for the last couple of days I am trying to kinda rebuild a Icon for our base. Of this is so far what I have and with the things I have, I would like to know, what you guys think of it and if maybe someone has an idea to improve!? 

screenshot_190730-14-34-16.jpg

• Like 1
e64f70-1558633601.jpg

Castle looks glorious. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Amazing job everyone!!!  My mind is spinning from these glorious creations, I applaud you all!!!

While I may a bit more in the box than most the other bases here, I hope my beginner build can inspire someone who struggles the same as I.  

My objective was to give an outside to inside feel, Ive only gotten my entry view done but I feel I am moving in the right direction...slowly

Excelsior server      CHAOS-266 if you want a closer look...

screenshot_190802-10-31-30.jpg

screenshot_190802-10-35-46.jpg

screenshot_190802-10-36-23.jpg

screenshot_190802-10-36-48.jpg

Edited by refertilizer
detail added
  • Like 2

On 8/1/2019 at 5:40 AM, KingofMonkeys said:

Castle is nearing completion, its at the point where its mostly decoration / fixing minor little issues here and there. Still some stuff I can add later. There are a handful of little secrets and hidden artifacts. Just have to explore and find them: PIZZA-2544

screenshot_190731-19-48-47.thumb.jpg.6f3ecc979094b1cefbd804de993dcfc8.jpg

screenshot_190731-18-59-18.thumb.jpg.8201024555da7b07d36fdc71f2b2f197.jpg

Seriously HOW you made your base this big? How you get so much height in it??? Even though I use open sky and remove every floor I can't even make a full jump in it. You have the height of two bases

1 hour ago, Phoenix' said:

Seriously HOW you made your base this big? How you get so much height in it??? Even though I use open sky and remove every floor I can't even make a full jump in it. You have the height of two bases

Honestly there is a height cap, but you can use shift to drag objects up or down once you place them on a floor or surface. I think even the highest tower on the keep isn't hitting the top yet.

Edited by KingofMonkeys

8 hours ago, Phoenix' said:

6 hours ago, KingofMonkeys said:

Honestly there is a height cap, but you can use shift to drag objects up or down once you place them on a floor or surface. I think even the highest tower on the keep isn't hitting the top yet.

I built my base using the above ground, "outdoor" method and there you can have a *lot* of vertical space.  Even more if you decide to build "below ground" like the space station someone posted in another thread.  The "outdoor" method is posted in Kat's stickied FAQ, iirc.

Finished work on the Torchbearer Community base.  I built this one as a place for everyone on Torchbearer, so please feel free to visit!  It has everything needed - teleports to every zone, workshop, ICON booth, meeting room, bistro and bar/lounge and ample recreation space in the park.  Had quite a few visitors over the weekend!  We are going to be holding some CC events in there to help promote it.   Complete gallery here.

You can make a macro that will port you to the base by typing this into the chat -  /macro TBCB enterbasefrompasscode TORCHCS-5949

Help spread the word and enjoy! 🙂

Torchbearer Community Server

Passcode:  TORCHCS-5949

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by ShardWarrior
  • Like 6

On 5/13/2019 at 2:40 PM, NodHero said:

Okay well not as exciting as some previous posts but a couple shots of my entrance...

FLQZRBt.jpg

and transportation hub...

vZItulQ.jpg

On 5/12/2019 at 1:23 AM, Freakenstein said:

Still a work in progress, but then again when are our bases every truly finished? @.@

On 5/13/2019 at 2:40 PM, NodHero said:

Okay well not as exciting as some previous posts but a couple shots of my entrance...

FLQZRBt.jpg

and transportation hub...

vZItulQ.jpg

Back when I played I never got into basebuilding, since starting again I made a solo SG, simple basically just for the transport.  Did I use the wrong things when I placed my locations on the wall? They are all like parchment and I like this digital tv look much better. What do I use?

"Stand By to Stand By"

My base project isn't nearly as impressive as some of the stuff put here but the parts that are finished, I am pretty proud of... here's the Kirby Academy main building and front grounds:

x8rxVgg.jpg IerAuo5.jpg c8U6cSQ.jpg TNgp3oy.jpg jCJseRt.jpg sUQzA18.jpg P8zdCXk.jpg Ue8yxDX.jpg E2stELv.jpg o8g9fmy.jpg 9LtIy0r.jpg fcwlH0w.jpg

Favorite parts:

• Regulation-size basketball court
  • Salad bar
  • Nurse's office waiting room fish tank
  • Architecture! Hard to capture in the screenies but it's a cool design that's mostly vertical in its arrangement (it's supposed to be located in Steel Canyon; when the interior is finished some dummy skyscrapers will be built at the edge of the map to be visible through all the copious windows)
  • The locker rooms contain hidden Icon NPCs, so they can actually be used to change your clothes
  • It's almost fully functional with teleport capability, with the "normal" teleport destinations departing from a bus stop in front of the school and the hazard and flashback zones accessible via the training sim room (which also has an Ouroboros crystal, for VR history lessons).
  • Like 8

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

On 8/5/2019 at 9:58 AM, ShardWarrior said:

Finished work on the Torchbearer Community base.  I built this one as a place for everyone on Torchbearer, so please feel free to visit!  It has everything needed - teleports to every zone, workshop, ICON booth, meeting room, bistro and bar/lounge and ample recreation space in the park.  Had quite a few visitors over the weekend!  We are going to be holding some CC events in there to help promote it.   Complete gallery here.

You can make a macro that will port you to the base by typing this into the chat -  /macro TBCB enterbasefrompasscode TORCHCS-5949

Help spread the word and enjoy! 🙂

Torchbearer Community Server

Passcode:  TORCHCS-5949

Visited today, very nice, how will we know of events?

"Stand By to Stand By"