Show Off!!

Lovely lounge, Bizi.  Ocean view.  Are you going to add boats?

Love the dueling pianos. 

What did you use for the white stripes on the floor?

You can actually see a boat in the background in the 4th screenshot!  ;D

I do plan on adding more water details. For further immersion, my longterm goal is to make a boardwalk with additional shops or attractions, piers, and beach space.

As for the white stripes, I used a combination of fluorescent lights (because it's really dark without proper lighting) and the tintable alphabet letter I. I attach the fluorescent lights to the surface of the dance floor (the dance floor is a series of wooden desks), and then sink them down a bit into the floor. The letter is also sunk into the floor to create the stripes.

Talos Keys Boardwalk - An SG base made for the public RP community to use! It features a classy restaurant and additional attractions, ICly located in Talos Island.

Check it out and use it for your RP needs at SG base passcode "Lounge-1871"

@Coyotedancer

Very cool view! Love the overall aesthetic! Very suitable for arcane brooding and contemplation of the sublime.

Talos Keys Boardwalk - An SG base made for the public RP community to use! It features a classy restaurant and additional attractions, ICly located in Talos Island.

Check it out and use it for your RP needs at SG base passcode "Lounge-1871"

Added some scenes to the Amazon Army base on Torchbearer.  Passcode is in the sig.

9KG1Rte.jpg

The public face of Amazon justice.  Proceedings in the Comitia Centuriata.   Some Arachnos guy has been captured and is on trial.

9fHjX4m.jpg

Where the actual work of justice gets done.

hmCXB80.jpg

Shrine of the Mithraeum.  One of Yamnaya's pet mystery cults.

B5NHr7n.jpg

Heraclea got this damned thing US government surplus.  Whatever it is, it's dangerous, so even if it is covered in gold it was no bargain.  The Latin says cave faciem, 'look out for your face'; there have been incidents.  I'll spare you the details.  Heraclea says that there is some crazy man from Excelsior, wherever that is, who is desperate to get his hands on this thing, so it's important that we guard it closely. 

q8uiy0f.jpg

The Amphitheatre.  Get ready for an extended drum solo.

R7RkESL.jpg

And we've brought back chariot racing!  It's apparently hard to get good horses here, but we get by with what we can, and it really is more awesome this way anyways.

• Like 2
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

some wip shots from 2 of my builds that are constantly changing

I've got a couple more bases I've been working on for others but am awaiting their permission to post...

Working on 7 bases at once has been pretty consuming.

Tsik7rt.jpg

HTD2PgS.jpg

xLuiNIj.jpg

PXoVa7N.jpg

2mz0xYO.jpg

Bb4EJGD.jpg

roHFSvR.jpg

404LRDu.jpg

2SOc034.jpg

94LDuLw.jpg

zQDWZ3H.jpg

YucIAmv.jpg

l3J6Owp.jpg

cAjd4kg.jpg

gHC20mu.jpg

• Like 4

GREAT NEWS, everyone! After some recent missions abroad, and after seeing some of the bases submitted here, we were intrigued by the idea of acquiring a flyer of our own.  "When are WE going to get one of these sweet rides?" we asked our new secretary Kristen 6, on her cellphone, at three in the morning.  Long story short, despite someone's protestations that she doesn't actually have a pilot's license and doesn't know how to land:  The U.R.S. now has its very own tricked-out Arachnos flyer! 

enx00VB.jpg

Also, our teleporter room has now been renovated into a hangar bay.  And we have a new skylight.

In even MORE other news, Bogwallop recently blindsided me by constructing a seriously impressive street scene to serve as the new entrance for the base.

jqYBeGH.jpg

Ij4a1Tc.jpg

ZHPMmbJ.jpg

You can pile up all the flashy gubbins in the world, but it's amazing what pure, simple atmosphere you can create with almost nothing at all.

Just look at this lovingly rendered junk! 

eauUvHg.jpg

XyzvICd.jpg

the grimy rubicon.  Enter if you dare....

3hy3NY1.jpg

If anyone wants to check the place out, the passcode is PROFITS-770 (Everlasting, in case anyone missed that the first time.)  The sections past the flyer are works in progress so don't be surprised if they look like haphazard staging zones, because that's more or less what they are.

• Like 6
UPS1xkf.png

I love the expansiveness of bases in Homecoming generally, and the fact that it's now feasible to create outdoor areas.  Great work, all of you.

• Like 2
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I love looking at all of the flashy and colorful ones, and the modern or city style bases... The kind of places that are pretty much the complete and total opposite of what I'm building for myself. It really shows off the versatility of the base system we have now and the range of creativity and tastes that we as builders all bring into it.

That's just a really cool thing.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Me: Oh man, look at all the work I put into these bases.

*glances through thread*

*cries*

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

So this base of mine is still a work in progress but its at a stage where I don't mind sharing some pics. Once its really done I'll post the base passcode so anyone can visit and have a look around!

So here's your sneak peak at the Starlight Corporation's M.O.R.A. - Mobile Observatory & Research Array. The concept behind this was a mobile facility that could research various stellar phenomena. In this case the M.O.R.A is currently exploring the depths of a nebula. (Click an image to enlarge it)

Here are some exterior shots:

6yDduyM.jpg4wBEIPn.jpgfDO6mJF.jpg

Here's some interior shots:

YcFB20E.jpgKs6NJr2.jpgtFQYjJ7.jpg

D7oN8Dr.jpgvI50ypT.jpgdSxuRQz.jpg

Now that the structure is complete, I'm in the "detailing" stage where I start putting all the fine touches on each area. I expect it to be ready for public visits by the end of the week.

Edited by Nic Mercy
  • Like 8

7hZ6srn.png

Kyriani-Nic-Jem

So this base of mine is still a work in progress but its at a stage where I don't mind sharing some pics. Once its really done I'll post the base passcode so anyone can visit and have a look around!

So here's your sneak peak at the Starlight Corporation's M.O.R.A. - Mobile Observatory & Research Array. The concept behind this was a mobile facility that could research various stellar phenomena. In this case the M.O.R.A is currently exploring the depths of a nebula. (Click an image to enlarge it)

*snippage*

*snippage*

D7oN8Dr.jpg

That picture on the wall. Where is it? I can't find it in the editor. I like it a lot.

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

"The secure laptop in the lab. A prototype plasma hand cannon. Four quantum grenades, a phase field generator, a handful of tracking devices, Rauth's briefcase, body armor, a satellite phone, two SSDs, a Beretta 9mm, and my lunch."

*snippage*

*snippage*

D7oN8Dr.jpg

That picture on the wall. Where is it? I can't find it in the editor. I like it a lot.

Ah I should have noted that my screenshots were taken using my client mod. That painting does not look like that by default. You can check out my client mod here which includes that painting change: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,4265.0.html

Just to note, that painting is of Castle Brightmoon from the old She-Ra cartoon from the 80's :)

• Like 1

7hZ6srn.png

Kyriani-Nic-Jem