Show Off!!

Night castle still a work in progress, full album in Imgur:

https://imgur.com/a/0sOm1po

Nice work, but in "top view from main keep" looks like you're missing a roof?

The roof is definitely not finished yet, you can walk on it buts theres definitely some clipping/open cracks in some of the walls. The keep is tricky. Its far from complete. Im building all around the keep and the dungeon underneath is a whole nother side of the base im going to get to eventually. I'd say the base is maybe a quarter of the way done? I'm just gonna keep adding more. Its an ongoing project lol.

All of the Mini bases on Torchbearer are worth visiting. 

Question: do the Mystic Forges do anything now?  I put one of them in the tiki hut at Firemullet Groupies, where it serves as a hibachi. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Here is the next part of my Golden Giza VIP Level base on the Everlasting server.

So far, I've created a penthouse (that's totally trashed by someone living a rockstar life) and a pool and spa area. I plan to add a gambling area and maybe a VIP dance club. Who knows!

GizaPic.png.jpg.07bc73ddca5ab2857064d928e8734f7f.jpg

My own "castle courtyard in the evening" attempt (work in progress).  I really wanted to break up the flat ceiling skyline created by the default walls, and add some vertical wow-factor without resorting to city buildings.

36F3R8x.jpg

• Like 3

Wanted to share some progress shots of the HQ for Mini X-Men on Torchbearer.  I call it Xavier's School for Gifted Minis :)

Still needs a bit of finishing work on the exterior to add in flora around the mansion.  Front door is the entry point into the base itself.  That is still in progress, but will share a few interior shots once complete.

BP0IDgy.jpg aoEiQlC.jpg
nMLS6El.jpg xAFdhiD.jpg
6KZavR4.jpg gVHOco7.jpg
iZzxRul.jpg rnLTJsq.jpg

P.S.  yes that's Mini Wonder Woman checking the place out in the last pic,  wondering when her Themyscira base will be done :P

• Like 6

Thanks!

Took forever to make that one and I'm still trying to get the roof right.  It's a real tragedy that lighting is for the entire base.  Looks a bit silly when you are inside and there are shadows from the sun everywhere, but oh well.

Next I'm looking at doing an Atlantis themed base --  I actually found an interesting quirk with the editor that will allow me to build it so you are actually underwater and swimming throughout the whole thing. 

Either Atlantis or I have an idea for a Titans Tower type base.

I really wish we had some standard building blocks to use... really don't feel like stacking a million cabinets lol.

If you do underwater Atlantis, set it in modern times:  stick the "destroyer" vessel, bow in the mud, stern up, bubbles effect coming from doors / windows, as a background "in the distance" shipwreck.  Not the Titanic, but similar.  Otherwise the architecture can be castles again, or whatever you feel like.

And for the surface of the water, the effect of water looks better, imo, when viewed from above, than from below.  So, consider setting it upside-down in the sky.

You have a lot of talent, and patience.  I haven't played for 2 weeks, every day has been getting that stupid courtyard "just so".  And it's just a courtyard.  And granted, I started from scratch a couple times (I was trying to make a port with said destroyer in it, at one point, with the rooms "inside the destroyer", but unfortunately I couldn't get rid of the far wall.  The LOD may get rid of it, if it's foggy enough and distant enough, though).

Anyway, awesome work.

EDIT:  Oh wow, I just got an idea:  a 3 degree upslope on the water would probably turn the biggest size plot into an infinity pool.  Like this, destroyer on the right, masked base wall on the left.

Holy crap,  ShardWarrior...I can't even find words to express how gobsmacked I am with your base

Said it before: all of the Mini bases on Torchbearer are worth a look.  There are at least four SGs.

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

mFOFUOi.jpg

qA7IOhv.jpg

Amazon Army new entrance.  Latin reads 'The Assembly and People of the Amazons.'  Image is usually called 'Minerva Victrix', representing Minerva as chief deity of the Capitoline Trinity on New Colchis (Juno and Proserpina are the other two), identified with the deified Julia Victrix, founder and culture hero of New Colchis.

8FnqCqz.jpg

Newest secret room: sewers and catacombs.  Not the world's most original, but when you're Romans it's what you do.

oYOPhq4.jpg

Damn it. We need to call an exterminator.

Hi, I made a park. Well, I'm still making a park. I think it'll never be finished. I mean, I only used 4.5k decoration items in the main, huge, room.

1.jpg

Entrance alley.

2.jpg

Sanctum Park, the sign.

3.jpg

Sanctum Park, the middle path

4.jpg

A little playground.

5.jpg

Football field.

6.jpg

Snack stand, because every park needs a snack stand.

7.jpg

Flower park.

8.jpg

Statue in the flower park.

9.jpg

Little bistro in the park.

10.jpg

Artificial lake, because that dude needs somewhere to fish.

11.jpg

A lovers perch.

12.jpg

The whole world might be a stage, but so is this thing.

13.jpg

Rave at the park anybody?

14.jpg

Ooooh, spooky! What might be in here? (yeah, ok, the screenshot caught like 0 of the fog)

• Like 4

When last our paths crossed, I promised you a glimpse into the maddening secrets of the OOZE chamber.  This is where S.E.W.E.R, the criminal activities cabal of ToxxCo, pursues its sinister biological engineering agendas.  In layman's terms, it's the 'mad science' department of the Unofficial Roleplay Sewer.

YAZTlsn.jpg

24oKnlT.jpg

...We haven't quite managed to genetically engineer "efficient plumbing" as an employee trait.

o2EGMD6.jpg

Seriously these pipes are a nightmare.  But we can't bring ourselves to stop.  You can see we still have a number of loose ends to spaghettify.

hbYHbZu.jpg

The Ooze pit itself.  Here we see the latest model in our Kristen line being nutricated.

hPAvFDw.jpg

XlftaGG.jpg

nvOzPWL.jpg

This is also where the Tastylifetm research team concoct our new artificial sweetener, preservatives, and soda flavors.

PDrwGk4.jpg

The post-theory surgical zone.  This is where we cure our new employees.  Of their inferiorities.

EyPVMVX.jpg

God damnit not again.  

LAW7RRw.jpg

Okay I'm like sixty percent sure that's not supposed to be in there.

wp5fTFI.jpg

OKAY SO it also turns out we had a visitor as I was taking these screenshots, ahaha.  And I honestly thought it was one of our failed clones of Lord Recluse (don't ask) in a standard uniform until I did a double take.  This is what a cloning project does to you. 

More tidbits to come in just a sec.

• Like 7
UPS1xkf.png

I feel like we're all slowly getting better at this as we keep at it, either through practice or inspiration or seeing a cool approach someone else used and incorporating our own version of it.  I've seen some real atmospheric improvements over time in some of the bases I've visited, and some of these projects like Port Cheddar are just brain-breaking from the word go.  Even in our base, we've added so much to every room that I look back at the screens I first posted and almost don't recognize them.

Anyway, that's enough misty-eyed crap, time for some more SEWERS.  This bit isn't so impressive in screenshots, but I wanted to show it here.

ONtG80O.jpg\

Messing with elevation, we put in a ramped overflow area in a semi-hidden nook.

fEvLwGI.jpg

...Which eventually leads to our cooling tower -- the very tip of the Corruption Engine.

RLa3NZv.jpg

We wanted to make this a kind of Star Wars bottomless pit type of affair, with a strong sense of vertigo.  I think it worked okay.  The Mot Breath effect gives a constant sense of the height of the thing, and makes it difficult to tell where the floor actually is.  It feels suitably precarious.

QFHibAG.jpg

And it goes up quite far.

EyZ15Au.jpg

I've seen a lot of people lamenting the lack of round rooms, or the inside of pipes.  This is the best we've been able to do -- it's made of a bunch of the very largest sized sewer pipes, which are frankly huge.  Cram enough of them together and it turns out you can actually get a convincing circular interior.

M35cp6s.jpg

Also we really dug those little lights.  Hence, our new refueling station for the sub.

AUhEpgk.jpg

Ah, I fear we really must continue our deliveries.  I'm sure we'll have more to show you next time you slip and fall down the wrong pipe during a DFB run.  Thank you for the DNA.  I promise we'll be putting it... to good use...

• Like 4
UPS1xkf.png

"Yeah, it's okay, I guess, but where's the dance floor?"

"It....It tastes like malted...death..! *gurgle*"

"No. Stop. Where am I? Where are you dragging me??! Help! Somebody, help!"

"Not the slime again! Please, not the slime! No! NNNNOOOOOooooooooooooooo"

Visitors, tour members and lucky winners of the Tastylifetm soda sampling contest are RAVING!*

*our research team assures us that this temporary madness is simply a temporary flaw in the current formula for Oranbega Blast, and will be iterated out in two-to-three months

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Defeat All Snakes said:

I feel like we're all slowly getting better at this as we keep at it, either through practice or inspiration or seeing a cool approach someone else used and incorporating our own version of it.  I've seen some real atmospheric improvements over time in some of the bases I've visited, and some of these projects like Port Cheddar are just brain-breaking from the word go.  Even in our base, we've added so much to every room that I look back at the screens I first posted and almost don't recognize them. [/snip]

The ambiance in those rooms is simply amazing. I can't imagine how long it took you to fit all those pipes together, but it really cements the feeling of secret evil science lab. Well done!!