NPC Exclusive Costume and Hair Items

theres a ton of npc parts that are useable by players. you can see then in Icon by a simple "-n" addition in one of the file locations. forget where exactly but im sure you can find it in the forums.  you can play with and use a ton of parts and new combinations, and even save the costumes that will load in game just fine, but the server wont let you use them because theyre tagged as -npc and forces you to fix them. but they DO load just fine and work with powers and everything. its not a model issue. its an "unclicking of that tag" issue somewhere.

its totally possible, and im not sure  why it hasnt been done already, unlocking the npc creator for all. clipping is not a valid reason, things have always clipped and no reason the players cant decide. and 'taking away from NPC's' isnt a reason, because theres plenty of NPCs with all pieces already available to players, and having more variety to mix and match, ESPECIALLY as we are now playing a game from a bygone age is also not a great reason. everything should be unlocked [costume wise] in the character creator. theres tons of cimeroran parts, armors, sandals, sashes, that theres no reason to limit.

now, mind you, it does not include things like snake tails or some arachnos spider-people or coralax things and such, as many NPCs were written as one solid piece, but that's what those costume change halloween powers were for [and should be brought back!]. but perhaps in the future, someone might be able to hack up those solid piece NPC models and make them separate pieces, but im sure thats more complicated.

anyway, FREE THE NPC PARTS! im all for it. especially ghose widows hair. [belladonna vetranos from praetoria is the best hair in game IMO.]

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, daveyfiacre said:

theres a ton of npc parts that are useable by players. you can see then in Icon by a simple "-n" addition in one of the file locations. forget where exactly but im sure you can find it in the forums.  you can play with and use a ton of parts and new combinations, and even save the costumes that will load in game just fine, but the server wont let you use them because theyre tagged as -npc and forces you to fix them. but they DO load just fine and work with powers and everything. its not a model issue. its an "unclicking of that tag" issue somewhere.

its totally possible, and im not sure  why it hasnt been done already, unlocking the npc creator for all. clipping is not a valid reason, things have always clipped and no reason the players cant decide. and 'taking away from NPC's' isnt a reason, because theres plenty of NPCs with all pieces already available to players, and having more variety to mix and match, ESPECIALLY as we are now playing a game from a bygone age is also not a great reason. everything should be unlocked [costume wise] in the character creator. theres tons of cimeroran parts, armors, sandals, sashes, that theres no reason to limit.

now, mind you, it does not include things like snake tails or some arachnos spider-people or coralax things and such, as many NPCs were written as one solid piece, but that's what those costume change halloween powers were for [and should be brought back!]. but perhaps in the future, someone might be able to hack up those solid piece NPC models and make them separate pieces, but im sure thats more complicated.

anyway, FREE THE NPC PARTS! im all for it. especially ghose widows hair. [belladonna vetranos from praetoria is the best hair in game IMO.]

So you are saying that these hairs are accessible in icon?

yeah, go play with the NPC parts, theres a shitton we dont have access to basically because of an invisible -npc tag in the costume creator. you can load them in the separate Icon Application via Tequila by adding a "-n" in the file locations. i forget where exactly to put it but i just checkd and everything still works fine. you can play with Belladona Vetrano's hair[best in game], cimeroran parts, individual arachnos pieces, and a ton of accessories that, sure make the npc's unique, but would also guve us a ton more options for customization. and no reason they wouldnt work, the costumes can be saved, and then loaded into the game on player models. you only cant leave the tailor with it loaded because it says 'not available for players' but i feel like that's essentially just a switch that can be turned off somewhere, costuming wise.

NPC parts New Woodsman.png

NPC parts Fun Peach 3.png

NPC parts StormMistress.png

NPC Parts Gandalf 4.png

NPC parts Wonder Woman 5.png

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'll likely be a minority here but when it comes to signature heroes and villains, I'm okay with them having exclusive costume pieces that players do not have access to.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

2 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

I'll likely be a minority here but when it comes to signature heroes and villains, I'm okay with them having exclusive costume pieces that players do not have access to.

but what about like: you go to cimerora, everyone wears nice strappy sandals. theres like thousands of them, and you beat the crap out of hundreds of them. why cant i wear basic strappy sandals too? 😛

and theres tons and tons of pieces, the majority, that we will never have because theyre baked onto the signature NPC models. but there are a good number of generic npc pieces we can use that would greatly expand our never again expandable costume creator. xD

Edited by daveyfiacre
  • Like 2

Oh, I agree with the general pop stuff from Cimerora, First Wardand Night Ward mobs and the older stuff too like Lost tv heads and such. There's a lot of that which should be available to players.

• Like 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 8/30/2019 at 5:04 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

Screw that. They're NPC's. We don't need to protect their feelings. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yes please, I want Ghost Widow / Belladonna Vetrano hair!

That style has physics and I love it!

Also, that is a really awesome Gandalf in that screenshot. >_> Only thing I would do differently is use the Barbarian Sword, since I think it looks more like Glamdring!

Edited by Crysta Clear
complimenting Gandalf
  • Like 2

I mean, maybe we can reintroduce the Costume Piece Unlock mechanic?  

For example, there will be no wearing Statesman's tiara until you've defeated Statesman.  Or another player in PVP who is has unlocked it?  Something like that to appeal to the sense that "yes, it's their signature costume piece . . . but I stoles it!"

• Like 1

On 9/5/2019 at 7:38 AM, MetaVileTerror said:

I mean, maybe we can reintroduce the Costume Piece Unlock mechanic?  

For example, there will be no wearing Statesman's tiara until you've defeated Statesman.  Or another player in PVP who is has unlocked it?  Something like that to appeal to the sense that "yes, it's their signature costume piece . . . but I stoles it!"

we're playing a dead game with no 'new' development up to par with original development, and already have some things unlocked from the start [ty p2w vendor]. i think it's fine to just unlock the *complete* costume creator, i hated that those things were always locked away. and i don't want to defeat statesman just to wear his tiara. just give me the damn tiara, lol. it wont affect you or anyone else what costume pieces i wear, just let everyone access them all. the best part of this game is the customization, not the 'pay/task walls'.

maybe these pieces can be unlocked through a p2w vendor unlock, which purchasing, will unlock the -n / npc character creator but only for that single character?

i dunno, it really just seems like a simple 'unlock this tag' thing. and i forget how to edit it. i had Icon on my desktop before rebirth/homecoming, and all i had to do was add "-n" into the file location [see image]. and again, costumes can be saved, and then loaded into homecoming or any of the current servers just fine [rebirth, coxg, wehavecake]. the only thing preventing me from playing using those costumes is the button that says 'costume not available, click to fix'. which shows me that its just an invisible tag in code somewhere that should be switched off.

npc icon image.png

• Thanks 1

oh nice!!! thank you! then it'll be easy to create costumes, save them, then go back and reload the original launching minus the additional parameters? i love that, on my computer now, loading tequila and the game itself happens so fast. lol before it would take like, ages to just load up haha

now if there was only away to untag it in game for everyone xD

Edited by daveyfiacre

10 hours ago, Bossk_Hogg said:

Really awesome stuff. Some of it isn't finished, and I think the  5th column pieces should be kept NPC only, but a lot appears ready for port for player use. Plus rularu chest eyeballs and big bag of dynamite!

i mean, sure but let each individual player decide what to use and not use? *shrug* xD RELEASE THE KRACKEN [*npcCreator*]!