NPC Exclusive Costume and Hair Items

On 9/6/2019 at 11:23 PM, daveyfiacre said:

i mean, sure but let each individual player decide what to use and not use? *shrug* xD RELEASE THE KRACKEN [*npcCreator*]!

Yeah release it all! Let us use all the content available in the game. Seems like such a simple thing to do. I hope they can make it all available in next patch. We need Desdemona and Ghost widow hair please!!!!! and belladona vetrano!

so, it seems simple enough, and we can all rant and rave and beg and plead and explain and suggest til we are blue in the face... but until things in the forums are actually acknowledged by a server leader / developer / coder / owner [i get it, being unpaid and 'im sure they're busy and have lives too], it's all a moot point. 😕

::EDIT:: boy did i wake up in a mood or what 😞 sorry to be negative, and i am definitely still hopeful. but still...

Edited by daveyfiacre

Bit confused.. 

So running with the switch -N  means only you can see the costume ?  Or does it just allow you to pretend in the ICON store ? 

Further was wondering if you could maybe save the costume, get the code and then replace an existing costume with the code you wanted. 

EG I seen in another thread where you could change your character height beyond what is allowed a bit by changing it manually and saving it.

9 hours ago, MetaVileTerror said:

How about her catsuit as an option for everyone?

Oh we definitely need her catsuit. I love it so much! Like all these things are already in the game. Just hope they can easily flip the switch and make them available.  Oh and also Desdemona's Corset and booty shorts. So fucking cute!!!

11 hours ago, plainguy said:

Bit confused.. 

So running with the switch -N  means only you can see the costume ?  Or does it just allow you to pretend in the ICON store ? 

Further was wondering if you could maybe save the costume, get the code and then replace an existing costume with the code you wanted. 

EG I seen in another thread where you could change your character height beyond what is allowed a bit by changing it manually and saving it.

so, the Icon is a separate version that is essential just the costume creator, also accessible via tequila. You can make the -n edit in files location or parameters, and then access the full costume library formerly only accessible to devs for newer NPC's [the ones not baked as a single whole unit].

In there, it is possible [same as in 'live'] to make a costume, and save the file.

Said files are then, if in the same folder, viewable and accessible in the 'live' version of the game. sitting right there on  your character model like nothin, but it prevents you from completing the costume change or update because it has an invisible tag somewhere for the NPC parts as 'not for players'. but they work just fine. it seems that a simple removal of this tag or auto check the box without force changing the costumes [costume fix button] would then allow for the full range of costume pieces to be playable 'live'.

in the screenies blow, you see when saved costumes using 'dev icon only' parts are loaded into 'live', they load in fine but are tagged somewhere and force a 'costume fix' button, switching out pieces to the player inclusive list. if that force fix button could be auto nulled or players auto tagged with the -n for costume editing or whatever, the costumes can move past the tailor and be played with. thereby greatly increasing our options for play, like long banshee dresses or wizard robes, for example.

npc parts from older NPC groups, basically anything pre-praetoria and pre-cimerora, which is the majority of NPCs, are almost entirely one piece baked models and we would NOT have access to any of their parts unless someone goes in and hacks up the models to make new costume parts. But this is definitely an awesome, happy medium. 🙂

CC EXAMPLE 1.png

CC EXAMPLE 2.png

CC EXAMPLE 3.png

CC EXAMPLE 4.png

Edited by daveyfiacre
correction
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@daveyfiacre  

Thank for taking the time and the clarity. 

I have to agree allowing this would open the door for many new quick options.  With the caveat that buyer beware with clipping and other glitches. 

I don't like to play the toxic advocate, but I do just want to say that without a better GUI for the costume creator, the influx of additional pieces may be more than some players could reasonably handle."
In reality, I don't think the number of players negatively impacted, nor the severity of that negativity, would be enough to reasonably decide unlocking the additional pieces isn't in the best interest of the game.  It would just be advisable to (if feasible) have a new costume creator UI/UX in place first.

. . . goodness, that was tough to type.  Mainly because I don't actually, truly want to wait for a new costume creator just to gain access to all those lovely bits and bobs!

lol yeah no, that's not going to change. the sheer work someone would have to do for a new costume editing interface? there's not THAT many additions really from what we do have. but the ones that are there, are awesome and no real reason [anymore] to be locked behind a silly tag. 🙂

Edited by daveyfiacre
correction

They're definitely something, if you can deal with the clipping/s!  It's safe to say though that these alts aren't from 'here'.  Unless the devs lift the restriction, there's just no way it's possible.

Aqua water-temporal Blaster.jpg

Battleware sj-invuln Brute1.jpg

Battleware sj-invuln Brute2.jpg

Battleware sj-invuln Brute3.jpg

Electro elec-elec Blaster.jpg

Faylen nature-arch Defender.jpg

Lady Justica tw-ena Brute1.jpg

Lady Justica tw-ena Brute2.jpg

Wraithmaiden necro-pain MM.jpg

Edited by Kismette

@Kismet

@KlSMET - (kLsmet)

@Kismette

@Kismet Angel/@Angel of Fate/@One Kismet - on live

Heroes on Guardian/Villains on Victory

27 minutes ago, MetaVileTerror said:

wait . . . is there seriously a skull-bra in the game already?!  What?  WHERE!?

It's used for literally one NPC and nowhere else but both parts of her outfit is colourable and in the right categories in the NPC version of costume editor on the launcher.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Talons_of_Vengeance#Lamashtu

Lamashtu.jpg

Unfortunately those above pics in Kismettes post are either from Rebirth or CoXG which has a large group of artists and coders working on converting a lot of NPC parts into player parts. They also have the Freakshow stuff available. However the problem is because it was developed for an Issue 23 server and not the unique coding of Homecoming, those parts cannot be translated to Homecoming with ease and, due to the animosity shared between the SCORE crew and those running the Issue 23 servers, we're unlikely to get all the massive costume updates they made even if they COULD be easily translated over. 

Sadly it's also the reason that while we get a new, rather lackluster if I'm honest, AT in Sentinels we don't get things like wind control, water control or the Guardian AT since they were developed for those servers as well, with the Guardian AT not being liked by the HC devs and the creator of it wishing for it to remain exclusive to Rebirth for a period of time (meaning not even CoXG gets it).

It does seem that our devs are focusing on power balancing, which is great and all but currently those issue 23 servers have waaaaayyyy more costume content especially since they've massively lifted the unique NPC only restrictions( if its used by a signature villain/hero it usually doesn't get transfered across) which the HC team seem very reluctant to do even if the costume parts wouldn't require work to have it done so.

This is what you can do in the current Titan Icon with the -n command

image.thumb.png.f3ae362fc76077d13b89cac54e238218.png

Edited by DR_Mechano
  • Thanks 1

rant: well, see windcontrol *is* still possible for homecoming. the powerset is already complete and just needs fx to be made more appropriate. and there are plenty of existing assets that can be swapped out, in the same way other sets were completed, i.e. sentinel sets that differ, and some of the radiation sets. [see here: ] oddly, coxg released their wind control right after i suggested this. i doubt there is a direct correlation but it's super coincidental lol.

and lots of those npc costumes parts, as you mentioned, from the -n tailor work just fine within the homecoming parameters. including the lamashtu skull bra parts, and the banshee dress, and the cimeroran sandals, and the AE skin, etc. those can be unlocked with the un-tagging just fine. 

its only the parts on those other servers that theyve created themselves by taking and dividing up NPC's that were whole baked, like freaks and ppd. those parts we wont get, but the other things we still could... if the devs of homecoming cared to unlock it. but yeah homecoming is starting to lag behind 😮

Edited by daveyfiacre
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2019 at 8:48 AM, DR_Mechano said:

It's used for literally one NPC and nowhere else but both parts of her outfit is colourable and in the right categories in the NPC version of costume editor on the launcher.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Talons_of_Vengeance#Lamashtu

Lamashtu.jpg

Unfortunately those above pics in Kismettes post are either from Rebirth or CoXG which has a large group of artists and coders working on converting a lot of NPC parts into player parts. They also have the Freakshow stuff available. However the problem is because it was developed for an Issue 23 server and not the unique coding of Homecoming, those parts cannot be translated to Homecoming with ease and, due to the animosity shared between the SCORE crew and those running the Issue 23 servers, we're unlikely to get all the massive costume updates they made even if they COULD be easily translated over. 

Sadly it's also the reason that while we get a new, rather lackluster if I'm honest, AT in Sentinels we don't get things like wind control, water control or the Guardian AT since they were developed for those servers as well, with the Guardian AT not being liked by the HC devs and the creator of it wishing for it to remain exclusive to Rebirth for a period of time (meaning not even CoXG gets it).

It does seem that our devs are focusing on power balancing, which is great and all but currently those issue 23 servers have waaaaayyyy more costume content especially since they've massively lifted the unique NPC only restrictions( if its used by a signature villain/hero it usually doesn't get transfered across) which the HC team seem very reluctant to do even if the costume parts wouldn't require work to have it done so.

This is what you can do in the current Titan Icon with the -n command

image.thumb.png.f3ae362fc76077d13b89cac54e238218.png

OMG! this costume is amazing! WOw wow wow! so on other servers they are making costumes available? I may have to make the jump! I hope Homecoming dives in and just makes the easy fixes to make these available. There's so much untapped content! .. I've never even seen this one before. 

Yeah I love that HC has done a lot of power balancing but I hope they can do something for us who love character creation and customization because having these extra NPC costume options would really reinvigorate my drive to create new ALTs in the game. I hope they come through.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

I like this one!  What pieces are used here?  I don't recognize the skirt.

Those are combination of Diabolique (MoT) Belt, a variant of a 'Dev Only' Cape/Back Detail named Labeaux Front/Blend and one of the Ouroboros Mender piece in the Upper Body/Chest Detail, Ouroboros 3, tinted white/blue.

Edited by Kismette
correction - because those npc pieces sometimes have wierd parts categorization
  • Thanks 1

@Kismet

@KlSMET - (kLsmet)

@Kismette

@Kismet Angel/@Angel of Fate/@One Kismet - on live

Heroes on Guardian/Villains on Victory

On 8/27/2019 at 3:59 PM, daveyfiacre said:

you can see then in Icon by a simple "-n" addition in one of the file locations

What do you mean by adding an -n in the file locations? Do we change the file names?

Edit: never mind there are enough images in page 2 to show how it is done.

Just a curious ping to the Devs, is this something that is as easily done as it seems?

Edited by Andrewvm