A Question from The Homecoming Team

Jimmy

43 minutes ago, tenchymuyo2 said:

There has to be something better than watching the Looking For Group chat channel and waiting for someone to start a task force.  I don't want to start one, I want to join one.  This game's primary idea is group play.   I'd like it to be something similar to World of Warcraft's group finder.  Once you get 8 people locked in, you start automatically.  No prompts, no archetype requirements.  You just start playing as a team.  One of the main things I hated about WOW group play is that you had to do everything in a very linear fashion.  Specific roles for each player, and if you step out of line, you ruin it for everyone, and they endlessly bash you.  City of Heroes has none of that.  Do what you want when you want.  Defender that wants to melee fight and pretend to be a tank with 25 purples, go right ahead! 

If all you're doing is solo play at -1 level x0 size, you might reach L50 in about 200 hours of game time.  Group play at 4x8, no time at all, assuming you've got the right mix of players.

There actually is a LFG flag you can put on yourself for Task Force option, and there are ways to use the LFG queue to put together teams for many things, just like what is done to start DFB trials.  Problem is, not enough folks use them, because it's easier to broadcast on the LFG channel, and assemble that way.  Nothing right, or wrong there.  Just the state of things at the moment.

9 minutes ago, Hex said:

OK I've had a quick scan through this, and apologies if it's on here already, but what I want in two words:

Voice acting.

This game's characters are much beloved by those that have played over the years, but it's always seemed a little sad to me that they're all silent.

I'm aware that v.a.'ing all the spoken dialogue is a big ask, but it's not as expensive as some might think if you inquire with some of the big sound studio's.

I remember (once upon a time) attempting to start my own game company, and looked into outsourcing both the sound tracks and v.a.'ing.

While I can't remember the voice acting discussion, the soundtracks would've cost about 20k at the time and full orchestral was a bit more (hiring an orchestra for a session or two tends to boost the price).

It's certainly worth looking at, and would definitely breath more life into the game, even if it's probably only an option if its crowd funded.

Food for thought, at least.

I believe the original concept here was for the game to be like a living comic book, with speech in speech bubbles, and read, rather than listening to them, just like a comic book.  Personally, I have no problem with it remaining that way, but I know it bugs some folks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

I posted before, but left something out.  For those of us on Everlasting, please please keep supporting game features for roleplaying.  There's a ton of things that could be done in bases especially (much smaller letter, ability to go to another base directly from one base, etc.).  The Roleplaying tag is good start (except the color, you can't read people's names they are so dark!), but there's a lot that could be done still.  🙂

In order of importance:

1.  An upgraded graphics engine.   Short of that, converting the older zones to the newer technology applied to Atlas Park.

2.  More content.

3.  More power sets.   As an aside, I'd much prefer this to creating brand new archtypes.

4.  More costume options.

5.  Expand AE, so that we can do everything that the devs could do in regards to designing missions.  For example, exact placement of npcs and mission objectives on maps.

Make AE missions usable outside of AE, so that they feel like real world missions.  ( i.e. real contacts outside the AE walls )

6.   Not a big fan of the incarnate system, or the whole incarnate story to be honest.  Scrap it and replace it with something similar to Neverwinter's campaign system.

Small incremental changes to your character that don't make you godlike.

Edited by krj12
  • Like 1

Possible access to my original characters, even if only to copy costumes/builds. 

Perhaps a 'Retro' server for original characters?

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

2 hours ago, WhiteNightingale said:

Also... both Valiance Online and City of Titans are still a thing to come,

I'd wager a hundred dollar bill against City of Titans ever being anything beyond a tech demo with content to about level 10 or so. 

I'd do it here and I'd do it now. 

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

Gonna throw this out there, there's one thing I don't want to see: Money.

Money ruins everything.

The instant money is involved is the instant HC goes straight to shit.  This isn't a new phenomenon.  It's been a problem since some cunt invented money.

• Like 1

Obviously there are dozens of things everyone would want from an official server - but personally these are the things I see as highest priority

1 - HEALTHY MONETIZATION

I don't know for sure whether this would mean that Homecoming would require income beyond the donation system, but it's likely enough to at least be a strong consideration.  Given that - ensuring the game's monetization will be healthy is one of the most significant elements post-officialness.  Whether or not a sub fee is introduced and how large it is could cut out a significant number of players, and if and how elements such as microtransactions are implemented ties both the game's financial stability and community perceptions into the mix.

In regards to a sub fee, I think I'm strongly against it.  As I see it a large focus is opening the game up to as many people as possible, given that the game was important enough to revive to this level and that its community is the strongest element.  I don't want someone to be locked away from that based on money alone.

This means the next topic is microtransactions. Obviously, no real-money lootboxes - not likely but important enough to mention given that they were in live to my knowledge, and I'll assume the devs are up to date on why.  No P2W, meaning 'a paying player's ability to progress or compete should not invalidate a F2P player by comparison.'  Paid XP boosts are fine* (more on that later), but 'immediately level to 50/get every enhancement you want/fully complete incarnate' probably isn't, and I don't think 'pay to not play' is fun even for the paying players.  A paying player also shouldn't be able to reach a numerical advantage that's impossible for an F2P player to reach.  (Again, assuming you know the reasons why this is usually a bad thing.)

*(In regards to XP, I'd generally prefer the currently free XP boosts remain.  The leveling pace they set feels like an enjoyable amount without being too fast, but I'm concerned if the game will feel too grindy if the option is removed altogether.  Paid XP boosts could probably stack with this somewhat, but payment should feel like 'improving on an already good experience' instead of 'bringing a subpar experience up to good' from player frustration.  Furthermore, I think Paid INF boosts are a *bad* idea, because an impact on the in-game economy can be much more harmful than a player's leveling pace.)

Aside from the obvious...

No permanently* paid powersets/costumes is a major thing.  CoH thrives on its creativity - the ability of the players to create whatever they'd like with the tools available, as I see it this would be its greatest strength.  We have more to gain encouraging creativity as much as we can, and letting it improve the player experience, than we do to gain the monetary value some of those could be sold for.  (I would say not to limit character slots by purchase as well.)  I also think the players thinking 'my creativity is limited by my wallet' is the sort of feeling that puts a sour taste in people's mouths as well.  However, I think a system of new powersets/costumes being paid for a (reasonable) limited time is something that could work better.  It allows them to be partly monetized while the system still feels fair - for F2P players it's a question of patience rather than opening your wallet or having the option be inaccessible.  A month feels like a right timespan for me, but this is dependent on if new powersets themselves are within our means and at what pace they could be developed.

In regards to what I think is a good idea... there is some form of sub that could offer small bonuses, something like 5$ a month.  Could offer some +25-50% XP that stacks with the F2P bonuses, an option to boost new chars to level 15-20 (assuming they've leveled another char of that AT up to there before) and access to whatever new Powersets/Costumes were listed above.  I see the 15-20 boost as more a convenience thing, since it's skipping the early game rather than being valuable in and of itself, but that's only my take.  Respecs and free Tailor sessions could be sold as well, so long as their cost wasn't prohibitive (Around 5$, and having at least some method of getting them for INF as well)

I don't know whether the premium travel powers remaining free or being paid is the right choice.  It's true that it's convenience, which is usually something reasonable to pay for, but that the parts it's speeding up are some of the least enjoyable parts, walking back and forth between missions.

I don't think I know the game well enough to say what ideas might work beyond that - but I hope this is sufficient enough to give a solid direction for where I think the monetization should go if it's necessary.

2 - IMPROVING OLD CONTENT

The second priority I would have is improving the older content.  Not creating new stuff, improving what's already there and the faults involved.

In regards to what qualifies as creating new versus polishing old - I would generally say that creating a new zone or powerset is creating new stuff, but improving old powersets, or adding things to old lower level zones would be polishing the old stuff.  Bring the game at the foundation, and the experiences new players will be going through, up to a stronger level where you can before moving on to creating new things altogether.

Balance is the clearest form of this.  In regards to PvE, this means that the different powerset combinations should be close enough that they're all enjoyable to play in regards to their mechanical impact and abilities, without choices being entirely invalidated by the power of another powerset.  For example, a person shouldn't feel as though their enjoyment and speed of progression is noticeably harmed by picking powersets based on theme or character concept, or in a team that their contribution is entirely irrelevant compared to someone using higher-tier powersets. 

This also applies to powersets that are too similar - if Street Justice is more enjoyable to play and mechanically stronger than Martial Arts, even on a character concept level then Martials arts becomes a suboptimal choice for all possible avenues.  Buffing Martial Arts itself could easily just reverse the roles, however, so I would argue part of improving this old content would be buffing Martial Arts, not in a way that simply makes it as effective as Street Justice, but in a way that makes its abilities more distinct from Street Justice.  So that way people would have a reason to play one over the other aside from raw DPS.

For example - If we interpret Street Justice as being more self-taught or practiced, perhaps closer to boxing, and Martial Arts being closer to the formal disciplines you'd see in a Kung-fu action movie, you could base the differences around the fantasies those provide. Buff Martial Arts in a way that gives it a higher focus on defensive bonuses or maintaining it's health/energy over a long-term fight (perhaps in addition to its current focus on disorient abilities.), alongside some form of shorter animations/recharges to give it a more free-flowing feel than Street Justice, which in theory centers around the feeling of power behind its punches and the strength of its combo finishers.  This is an untested hypothetical, of course, but it serves an example of a direction that would help the two powersets be more distinct from each other.

In regards to PVP (Have never done in CoH, take with a grain of salt), In addition to balance itself, it should mean the experience of playing against them is satisfying as well, and that players should feel as though their actions can have an impact against their opponent.  I believe builds having weaknesses is a factor as well, which means that certain other builds can counter and exploit those.

Outside of balancing itself is how the powersets feel to play themselves.  In specific this refers to game feel - how the graphics, sounds etc contribute to the experience of playing the character and how it feels to play that build.  Doing this to the level of a modern game might take a prohibitive amount of resources - however, doing things such as updating sound effects could make a large impact for a smaller cost than animation changes would.  One example I've heard could use assistance sound-wise is Broadsword.

In regards to revamping old leveling areas, the main thing I've seen come up is Redside, and that its missions tend to make you feel more like a minion working for someone else than your own villainous powerhouse.  Adding more mission chains and contacts that let you feel like you're making progress towards your own villainous goals through writing would be a valuable way that redside content could be improved.  (This assumes that the resources to do so are minimal, regarding mainly the writing and some sort of in-house mission creator using pre-existing assets.)

Obviously, I don't know everything that might need touching up on - and a large number graphically could be prohibitive in regards to what's required.  The only thing I could suggest in regards to graphics as a whole might be a texture update, since it seems less difficult to do than recreating character models or environments altogether.  But I hope the Homecoming team in general will be able to know more about what could be looked at.

~~~~~

The other priorities I have in mind I don't have as much to say on, or that their significance is lower enough than the others that I don't need to spend as much time on them - as such I'll put the rest in this section.

After improving the old content comes graphical updates in general - texture updates as stated before, but also character model improvements, animation updates, environment updates etc.  This is less 'make the game better' but more 'do what you can with the resources you have available.'  In specific - figure out what benchmark you can try to make things at, then try and get the rest of the game up to that if you so choose.  I think some degree of graphical updates would be helpful, but it depends on what the team is capable of.  This should be done before new content itself is though, so that way you know what graphical level you should be aiming for for anything new you make, instead of waiting until after new content is being made to plan this out.

After this is the last two things - New Content and Community Growth.  Specifically - making brand new things for the community to enjoy with the game, and bringing more people to the game.  New content includes new zones and maps, both high-level and for things that allow for different beginnings for new characters, as well as things like new powersets and costumes.  To my understanding CoH's most well-known content tends to go 'wide', going for different experiences that can be done through different characters, rather than going for expanding the endgame for the same kind of characters like other MMOs do.

I would argue that Community Growth is a higher priority, since it lets more people enjoy the game we already have.  But given that new content can itself bring people here, they balance out.

In short, I judge the priorities as follows, in this order.

--If monetization is necessary, do everything possible to ensure it is done in a healthy manner to ensure the long-term health of both the community and the game.

--Focus on improving what currently exists before creating new content, mainly involving the gameplay design and balance, mission content for old zones that won't require as many resources, alongside limited low-cost graphical updates such as new, higher-res textures.

--Larger scale graphical updates, assuming and depending on what resources are available

--Bringing more people into the community and the game

--New content developed for the game.

Edited by Zodai
  • Like 1

Nice to meet you, I write stuff! 😄

"A person can easily become the giver or receiver of pain.  In order to keep that from happening, one must always hold good feelings for others."

-Shiho Miyano, Detective Conan

She/her!

I want what we have with Homecoming. Issue 25, with QoL improvements and bugfixes. I couldn't care less if it's officially licensed or not.

My major concern is how beholden to NC Soft a licensed server would be. While new powersets and other content would be nice, it isn't even close to worth having NC Soft's boot at our throat (again).

• Thanks 2

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

New, updated costume sets. A one shouldered/asymmetrical costume set for instance. (See David Bowie in his glam days)  Maybe a proper Ancient Egyptian set for women as well as men and more consistency between the two in shared accessories (why do I have to go all over just to get a belt for women, only to find out it's men only?)  And hairstyles for both, again, updated. (You can never have too many hairstyles!) Why isn't there a proper option for men and women with curly hair other than the afro, for instance? Don't be afraid to pull from all eras (including the 20th century)!. Let's have some FUN! with Icon!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MetaVileTerror said:

A more open approach to development and contribution.  We're on the precipice of a new potential leader in gaming history by being a community-governed MMO, rather than being a product under the control of a publisher who is two to three degrees separated from the actual impact of the content and experience, but was still calling the ultimate shots.

To see a City of Heroes where we actively engage in the development, and aren't held back by some intellectual property owner with no attachment getting to pull the plug from whimsy or boredom, or worse; some checkbox in a fiscal growth spreadsheet.

For any and all ventures to be legitimate, networked, and sharing communal resources to offer players and developers the opportunities they need to pursue what's ultimately best for the longevity of anything:  Diversity.  And with that, the options for personal customization and agency which originally marked City of Heroes as the best of something which no one knew they needed until they found it, and/or lost it.

Build on what we have.  Strive for greatness in the form of demonstrating to all the other game producers out there:  This is City of Heroes, and this is what we do right; by doing it WITH the community!

This, all of this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
I'm out.

I think a focus on completing what was started, and then adding new costumes and power sets are the ideal place to be. Finish the incarnate stuff. Finish the maps that were started and maybe give them content. I don't think new story arcs are as important to a long lasting game. City of Heroes has always been about making new characters and trying out new powers. Sure, everyone has that one 50 they want to keep playing and do new things with, but that's why we have incarnate stuff.

Personally, I'd love to see some quality of life changes made. Adjustments to the original power sets to bring them more in line with the newer stuff. Make things like Battle Axe/War Mace and Ice Melee/Fire Melee feel a bit more diverse. Give Dark Armor and Ice Armor some love.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Personally I would love to see old task forces revamped, Citadel and Numina in particular. Citadel is simply boring with all the repeat missions against the same mob. It may fit the story but it's boring. Numina has all those useless defeat missions near the end, there just isn't any real reason to have those in there. Also I would love to see more content for Kallisit Wharf. More task forces would be a nice addition, as well as more signature arcs. I haven't finished it yet but I am really enjoying Pandora's Box.

You know how there's a tutorial mini quest for crafting? Maybe something similar for set IOs.

Clones/doubles as a power set for Masterminds.  It would allow characters like Multiple Man, AND enable customization of your minions.

Throwing knives as a reskin for Archery.  Let us play someone like Bullseye.

Throwing specialty grenades as a reskin for Trick Arrow.  I want to make a bomber character!  Also, a ranged attack set based on throwing explosives would be awesome, but I'm not sure tactically how it would be different from either EB (KB) or Fire (AoE).

Shapeshifting melee as a power set (turning your hands into claws, knives, etc).   Let's go T-1000 or Alex Mercer on the baddies.

Some sort of speed-based melee set, maybe with lots of gap-closing and/or AoE abilities as its schtick.  Right now there isn't a good offensive set if you want to make a speedster character like Flash or Quicksilver, though defense is covered nicely by SR.

An AT with Assault as its primary.   The mix of close and long range attacks gives a nice "elemental bender" feel.  Hell, just give Earth Assault to Sentinel and I'll be ecstatic. 

Travel power pool, "climbing."  Has a toggle that lets you stick to walls, and a fast but short-range teleport that can only work if it impacts a surface....the visual effect is a grapple line that yoinks you over to the point you target.  Also can have "teleport foe" with the same effect.  I'm assuming Cox's engine is too old to work in a good swinging mechanic. 

A Flight visual option where you're standing on something (like the rocket board, but letting us still fight while on it).

Edited by Menelruin

14 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Hello everyone!

Today we have a simple question for everyone: What do you want to see out of a legitimate, licensed City of Heroes server?

As a caveat, this thread is not a Q&A and we won’t be answering questions here. We’re primarily looking to gather everyone’s thoughts and feedback about what they’d like to see from us going forward - both operationally and for the game itself!

- The Homecoming Team

I'd love to see maybe finishing of stories that perhaps weren't completed.  Such as some of the Praetorian arcs.  Or perhaps new stories that might expand on some other stories that were done.  IE: Mission/Story Content.  New Giant Monsters.  New Areas.  Maybe even an art update if possible.  To try to bring the game a little closer to current day?  Just some thoughts. 

As someone who is a part of the roleplaying community, I would love more costume pieces. Especially if we get some more 'normal' clothes, too. On top of that, the greedier side of me would like to see more body types and more emote options, both for specific body types or otherwise.

Outside of that, the highest priority would probably be to do an art update, both on older CoH content and CoV content. After that, I would just love more power pools and side pools, and if MMs got more love I would probably cry. Everything else, for me, would just be icing on the cake.

• Like 2

I guess most of what I want are expansions to the ever-repeatable randomly-generated "evergreen" content in the game, so expansions to the newspaper/radio/tip mission system would be very very welcome. Things like...
- The ability to get a randomly-generated radio/newspaper mission in basically any zone could breathe life into the game simply by letting players go to less-travelled places like Croatoa and hazard zones.
- More variety in said missions generated would be extremely welcome. The Dark Astoria repeatable missions showcase some of the newer things we can have to do in missions - protecting stuff, escorting harmable targets, etc, so on and so forth.
- An overhaul of the tip system, ideally something less Specific than the current ones with their Set Plots that get stale after running them over and over and over and over again.
- Increased difficulty caps.

In a more general sense, the game could really probably use a UI overhaul to bring it out of the late 90s. Talking more "functionality" here, than look and feel.

Some overhauls to the costume creator would also be welcome - new parts are fantastic and all, and I'd still absolutely love love love love love the ability to have a character like one of the Snakes, or bestial like the Demons, but adding a "horns" or "top of head" slot so we could have characters with glasses AND horns would be lovely. Primarily, I'd want an overhaul to focus on allowing a greater depth of player choice, through fewer nonsensically-mutex pieces, as well as, if we're allowed to dream, a third colour channel to allow things like patterned Tights With Skin. Porting more pieces across the gender gap would also be great!

Lastly, powerset additions, tweaks, proliferation, and general changes are also something I want to see more of. The recent changes to snipes, assault sets, and the Devices powerset were utterly fantastic and honestly feel so natural and great in the game I can't believe they weren't already part of the base functionality. In this category, just... seeing changes that make the game more overall enjoyable would be wonderful. Status protection/cleanse powers conferring some passive mez protection to the owner would give a reason to pick them up, more Pool powers getting to be *actually good* would be lovely, so on and so forth. Also, proliferation of some long-standing desires - Super Strength to other archetypes, Illusion to Dominators (it's not like we have another control set on the horizon), and so on.

... also I guess it'd be nice to have the aggro cap tweaked upward a little bit, at least on Tankers.

Edit: Oh also more Ancilliary/Epic pools please please please god it's been 15 years ;___; I can design some even

Edited by whorlbinder

Donation based monetization, the same close relationship the devs currently have with the userbase (saw you tonight Tempest, heyo!), and facial mapping quality updates for everyone.  I wind up picking a few faces because they're not pixelated to hell, and that's my only justification.  

Otherwise, mostly NCSoft not getting their grubby hands on any part of this financially.  I don't want to watch this shut down for no reason again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like to see homecoming remain homecoming. IE stay the bloody hell away from ncsoft....

It titan network wants to negotiate with ncsoft then please let them do that but as I understood it this server had nothing to do with titan network. They made it plain and clear over the years that they were not doing any server hosting or emulation nor would they ever support it. You could not even post links there without them pissing blood over it and editing your posts. (not to mention all those people pretending a private server never existed and shit posting about it) So I don't understand why homecoming would make efforts linked to them. 

Keep this as the community donation server so people can play until they finally get tired of playing, stop donating and the server dies of natural cause. I don't want to see all the work and time invested here be for nothing when ncsoft just decides to close the server again.

I would request if you still intend to go through with the ncsoft dogs that you provide a way for us to backup and restore our characters/bases from this server. So if the worst happens we have a way to move to another community server for whomever decides to host it.

I'm grateful to the homecoming team but unless leadership and hearts have completely changed with ncsoft, I think the whole discussion with them is a mistake likely to backfire in the end.

Edited by Noyjitat
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MetaVileTerror said:

A more open approach to development and contribution.  We're on the precipice of a new potential leader in gaming history by being a community-governed MMO, rather than being a product under the control of a publisher who is two to three degrees separated from the actual impact of the content and experience, but was still calling the ultimate shots.

To see a City of Heroes where we actively engage in the development, and aren't held back by some intellectual property owner with no attachment getting to pull the plug from whimsy or boredom, or worse; some checkbox in a fiscal growth spreadsheet.

For any and all ventures to be legitimate, networked, and sharing communal resources to offer players and developers the opportunities they need to pursue what's ultimately best for the longevity of anything:  Diversity.  And with that, the options for personal customization and agency which originally marked City of Heroes as the best of something which no one knew they needed until they found it, and/or lost it.

Build on what we have.  Strive for greatness in the form of demonstrating to all the other game producers out there:  This is City of Heroes, and this is what we do right; by doing it WITH the community!

8 hours ago, MetaVileTerror said:

More than anything; having City of Heroes OUT of NCSoft's hands, and in the hands of an open source model would alleviate that fear.

Both of these strike a cord for me. From a hopeful, realistic side of things, seeing the game's future safe and in the community's hands is the most important thing. The original sunsetting was extremely emotional for me. I felt like I lost a family. One of the biggest reasons I've been hesitating to devote much time to playing here is because I don't want to deal with that loss again.

-----

As for a development future, as others have mentioned, new powersets would be awesome, as well as implementing the pool powers that never made it originally. New archetypes are OK, and I do like the concept behind the Sentinel, but I'd rather see more powers and additional proliferation for the current ones. New appearance customization options would also be awesome. If I were to narrow down my hopes and dreams to something specific, there are two in particular that cross my mind.

The first is something that I'm unsure is even possible, but we're desperately missing a muscular "amazonian" female option. Males can range anywhere from skinny nerdy types to massive beefcakes, and that's not including the alternate "huge" body. On the other side of the fence, there's no good way to make female characters in CoH actually appear like anything other than some variation on runway model. The number of examples of bulky females in comics is sadly lacking, yes, but it would still be nice to have the variation. Something slimmer than "huge", with a feminine angle on it. You know, to be able to make characters like this. Though, without knowing how current costume parts are designed, I have to imagine the worst and believe that it would require a new version of every item shaped to the new body type, which is no bueno...

The second, which I'm sure people will think "typical" given my namesake and icon, are improved beast parts, primarily the heads. Let's be real here, the "Monstrous - Beast" heads are hideous, and not in what I'd call the "intended" way.  Good lord that lower jaw! Not to mention the sizing difference between regular and monstrous heads: they're too small. Yes, including the lizard head, though it's better. The separate beast heads outside of the "monstrous" category are a little better, but feel like they're missing a proper neck and the head is jammed into the shoulders. It's a bit better on males, but I'd still call it iffy. Minotaur is the closest it gets to almost-right size. Actual beastly hand options such as avian talons would be cool, but I imagine that could be a rigging nightmare. The tails are decent, not really any complaints there, other than a non-flaming avian feather option. I think the monstrous legs are pretty much covered as well, though maybe a "monstrous" model for feet similar to what's available for the hands (claws and such) would be cool. On the not strictly beast related side of things, I've noticed some costume options are missing from sections they have no logical reason to be missing from. I'd assume they were just forgotten. At some point I'll probably make a list to post.

-----

Really though, you guys are doing an absolutely fantastic job! Honestly if you just keep doing what you're doing we can rest assured knowing Paragon City is in good hands. 💕

Edited by Felis Noctu
  • Thanks 1
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

-I would like to see new powers and new AT's over time to keep things interesting.

-I wish there were more magic themed powers. Seems like the power pool sorcery is the only thing magic themed. I want entire pool sets of sorcery type stuff. Or at least make new animations for existing powers that look magic themed.

-I think it would be interesting to make the veteran levels mean something. I know the first 100 levels earn you Incarnate Salvage, but what if every 100 levels for example we got the opportunity to pick a new power, either in our own chosen primary and secondary powers or in a new pool set. Maybe grant us a couple power slots every 50 vet levels. 

-New Incarnate Powers would be interesting; Maybe fix or buff the Interface Incarnate Powers, it seems like out of all the Incarnate Powers, Interface is the most useless compared to the great buffs/powers you get from other Incarnate Powers.

-Improved graphics are always welcomed. Bring CoX to the present (if possible) with graphics. I understand that current graphics are part of why people like CoX as well, so maybe make a separate graphics options for modern looking effects and details. 

-Make all incarnate salvage email-able to any toons. I have some toons that I have Incarnate salvage built up on that I don't need that I would die to get to other toons on my account that are much harder to gain Salvage on. Make it so we can email (along with Empy merits) Astral Merits, threads, and even basic common, uncommon, rare, and ultra rare salvage and more than 1 at a time too. Instead of 100 emails to email 100 Incarnate Threads to a toon, it would be nice to be able to send 1 email with 100 threads. Same with  Reward Merits.

-Maybe develop a system of dealing with server name conflicts so more than one person can have the same name which would make playing CoX so much nicer and server hopping so much easier.

-An eventual return to Super Group Base Prestige earning. I don't care about base stuff being free for those who love to base build, hell I love to base build. I have spent hundreds of hours base building massive builds in max plot bases in my time, but I think removing prestige severely negatively impacts comradery. Maybe make a separate category of bases when registering. Those who run Super Groups and those who Base Build. Base Building bases could be pure cosmetic, free to make, but no function like storage, med bay, or base tp, and Super Group Bases can be like they were on live where you start from the bottom and work it up. Part of Super Groups and having them was the pride in what you have earned and accomplished together to build an awesome base. How much someone earned and their activity was a bases of how to properly promote them and the SG Ranking of Prestige was a good idea of how active a SG was and if you wanted to join them. I miss that.

Edited by Nezz