Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

On 10/18/2019 at 5:09 PM, biostem said:

Quick question for you fine folks, if anyone can help:  I have a character I'm currently playing called "The Brave Woodsman".  He's a BA/WP brute.  I've got a pretty good look going for him, (I'll post a screenie if I get the chance later), but I can't quite find a plaid shirt.  I've been able to kind of simulate it by using a rough-leather top, which has vertical lines in it, along with a red & black horizontal pattern.  Can anyone assist?  Thanks in advance!

Here's some pics:

Well I know the pattern exists in game. If you trick or treat

long enough you'll get a scrapyarder costume that has it.

It looks like this...

250px-Costume_Scrapyarder.jpg

• Thanks 3

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

3 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

Well I know the pattern exists in game. If you trick or treat

long enough you'll get a scrapyarder costume that has it.

It looks like this...

250px-Costume_Scrapyarder.jpg

Hmm... Maybe something under the jacket category?  I'll take a look if there's something similar available to us.  Thanks!

I have a water/bio sentinel with a throwaway name and costume because it started as an experiment, but now I'm looking for a permanent name and costume. This is a male character,

I'm having a tough time coming up with a costume that integrates the bio armor. I currently have a poseidon type costume (no trident) but it gets covered.

I tried to make the armor look a little bit like pearlescent coral, but I'm not happy with any of the results.

So I'm cheating, I'm asking for costume AND a name to go with it.

I like punny and powerset/concept related

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

I have a water/bio sentinel with a throwaway name and costume because it started as an experiment, but now I'm looking for a permanent name and costume. This is a male character,

I'm having a tough time coming up with a costume that integrates the bio armor. I currently have a poseidon type costume (no trident) but it gets covered.

I tried to make the armor look a little bit like pearlescent coral, but I'm not happy with any of the results.

So I'm cheating, I'm asking for costume AND a name to go with it.

I like punny and powerset/concept related

I present to you the magnificent

René Forrest!

ReneForrest.thumb.PNG.e084b61c050bb30aa41ab7fbae662b4b.PNG

ReneForrest2.PNG.bab387e9b82ed7dbb5ee68ec0e0219b8.PNG

ReneForrest.costume

I was originally going to go with "Raine Forrest", but then I discovered that Raine was a girl's name. 😬

Edited by QueenBethari
More info!
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

You can always choose the "minimal FX" option for bio armor, so you aren't stuck with the big growths/coverings.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, QueenBethari said:

I present to you the magnificent

René Forrest!

ReneForrest.costume 6.83 kB · 0 downloa

I was originally going to go with "Raine Forrest", but then I discovered that Raine was a girl's name. 😬

Haha, I got confused at first, thinking "he didn't take the Bio Armor problem into consideration". Then I realized you read it as the bio armor cosume pieces, I meant the Bio Armor power set, like this guy, you can see how much the "green carapace" it encroaches on the costume, and well, it's pretty ugly in my opinion (great set though).

image.png.407400678c97ded56016708c607074aa.png

So I thank you for your answer, and in fact I'm thinking a "frenchie" character, that maybe throws in the occasional "zut alors!",  "sacrebleu!"... could be a fun concept. So I will try something based on your costume, but without the bio armor costume pieces, (and likely minimal FX. I thought I looked for it and didn't find it, but maybe it was more a matter than I didn't like what it looked like? I don;t have access to the game at the moment so I can't check).

I'm gonna brainstorm "french" punny names. The first thought that came to mind was "Histoire d'O" but I'm guessing few people would get the reference, and those that do might be offended (water is "eau" in French, pronounced "O", so roughly translated "Story of Water", but Histoire d'O is also the title of a French Erotic novel. See, a bit convoluted 🙂 )

Edited by Papaschtroumpf
  • Like 1

I jumped in game to play with the concept. I want water to look like water (I did briefly consider making it red/blood for a different concept, but I think no).

QueenBethari's original color concept were great, but they are too close the water effects and the whole thing ends up being too monochrome, so I went with a mainly black/white costume, but I may keep playing with darker shades of blue for the jacket. I couldn't find full horizontal stripes for the sleeves, but it still gets the cliche mime shirt.

I used the "slime" effect for fists in combat, but I can't quite get the color right (I need brighter and bluer, I may keep playing with it, possibly white tones will work out) but it's not too bad. While the slime runs slower than water, it's actually not too bad, arms dripping after combat.

The minimal effect was weird, one of the effects has no minimal option (can't remember the name, you get covered with a full body carapace. I don;t have that power yet in game). I think for all the other ones, I went with a water like color scheme (3rd pic), so that thematically bio armor is going to be more of a "water infusion armor"

I may go back to the original poofy pants instead of the pinstripes and see what I can do for boots. probably just knee high leather boots.

image.png.aa84e1b854e814e24fad5c1088135ef2.png

image.png.99690845475fa75999505a956d2ef301.png

image.thumb.png.34e68a288bda3a5f1ec9024aa063422d.png

Frenchie2.costume

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CoHBlue said:

Hello Costume Creators! I'm having a horrid time with my Dark/Dark/Dark defender's outfits. Her main costume is a take on her dad's old costume, but modernized. I still don't like it, so I'd love some help in that area. The colors are a must, but not necessarily in the proportions shown..............................

A shot of her father's costume might help as people could see what parts changed.

Also is the visor a must or any kind of modern looking optic enhancement?

@biostem While it's strange to see it on a suit jacket, that pattern does

look more Lumberjack-ish and I think sells the concept better.

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

• 1 month later

I made a crab spider, currently with the default armor and backpack, for my Itsy B Spider character. Male model. small (4ft?) and uses the beat run power to look more spider like when moving around.

I don;t really like the default armor, too solider, not "insect" like enough, but I have not been able to come up with an alternative.

Ideas?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

I made a crab spider, currently with the default armor and backpack, for my Itsy B Spider character. Male model. small (4ft?) and uses the beat run power to look more spider like when moving around.

I don;t really like the default armor, too solider, not "insect" like enough, but I have not been able to come up with an alternative.

Ideas?

I don't know if this is an improvement...is there a way to put non-soldier armor on an Arachnos Soldier?

ItsyBitsyB.thumb.PNG.386e127ace5ee24f0ce07e03060c8676.PNG

ItsyBitsyB.costume

On 10/28/2019 at 3:44 AM, Papaschtroumpf said:

The first thought that came to mind was "Histoire d'O" but I'm guessing few people would get the reference, and those that do might be offended (water is "eau" in French, pronounced "O", so roughly translated "Story of Water", but Histoire d'O is also the title of a French Erotic novel. See, a bit convoluted 🙂 )

Don't worry. I'm sure people familiar with the Story of O will not feel offended by a reference in the slightest, au contraire, I think they'll be drawn to it! As they say... "Gooble goble, gooble goble, one of us, one of us!"

Edited by Dugunthi

On 11/30/2019 at 6:32 PM, Papaschtroumpf said:

Ideas?

I moved away from the typical black/charcoal colouring of SoA. It's unfortunate that they don't allow any kind of striping/markings on the armour like many spiders have. But I found that using brighter colours allowed more details of the armour to show which to me made it more spidery looking, not less.. You can also play with head scaling so that helmets clip more with the armour allowing for a more solid appearance, max the Head width and depth and min the Head height and it will nearly fill the cowling. (Although I neglected to do that on the following screenshots.

pEvQt6z.jpgwI9BatZ.jpg

W5tXL6j.jpg

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 10/4/2019 at 6:27 PM, Tahliah said:

With all due respect to costume designers who are not female, we really need some girl costume love: 

--Long skirts

--Skirts/shorts that don't cause visual problems with tops

--Makeup fixes.  Love the ability to choose lip color, but no woman wears the same color on both lips and eyes. Except goths, I guess.  We need to be able to do lips one color and eye makeup another.

--mid-thigh skirts that aren't doofus looking

--new hair designs.  I'd love a super long (to knees or feet) flowy hair choice.

--jewelry.  Necklaces, earrings, bracelets.

--new head choices like cute hats a woman would actually wear, a flower (that doesn't need crazy "leaf hair"), etc.

Try to throw your suggestions down here and see how it goes!

• Like 1

On 12/1/2019 at 8:14 AM, QueenBethari said:

I don't know if this is an improvement...is there a way to put non-soldier armor on an Arachnos Soldier?

ItsyBitsyB.costume 6.93 kB · 0 downloads

I have yet to remake my old spider from live, but back then, your unlockable 2nd costume could use any costume pieces, except the backpack slot which was locked into spider

• Like 1

Simian Assault - Gorilla 

From a distance I "Think" It looks like a Gorilla. 

But close up you can see. 

Was thinking posting here if anyone had some suggestions to improve it.

simian.thumb.PNG.6cf1d1d39e3e87a12c01bfe8c4127453.PNGsimian2.thumb.PNG.290656932474ac6df9633836b533a3e5.PNGsimian3.PNG.9c8d599e70b3391fd1fcfcf5340db788.PNG

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 3:48 PM, plainguy said:

Simian Assault - Gorilla 

From a distance I "Think" It looks like a Gorilla. 

But close up you can see. 

Was thinking posting here if anyone had some suggestions to improve it.

I think you did very well with creating a gorilla appearance. The only think I might recommend is using the large robot gloves, they provide a gorilla/popeye-ish overly large forearm to the costume.

Mh9H3E1.jpg

I used un-appealing pale colour to avoid losing the details in the screenshot. 🤢  Although, my gorilla attempt is far inferior to yours. ^.^

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Looking for a costume for a male character based on a slasher from horror movies but something original and maybe supernatural esq like freddy krueger mixed with Zsasz or something of the sort, theme/motif of said Slasher dont matter to me so go ahead and use your imagination 🙂

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MattL1222 said:

Looking for a costume for a male character based on a slasher from horror movies but something original and maybe supernatural esque like Freddy Kruger mixed with Zsasz or something of the sort, theme/motif of said Slasher don't matter to me so go ahead and use your imagination 🙂

I made a slasher of sorts...it's kinda gruesome. He's a scrapper with titan weapons / bio armor.

Slasher.PNG.cef5634b0c8801ba1f4ca1a35e1d73dc.PNG

Slasher.costume

• Like 4