Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

You're welcome.

Had not heard of that series before googling, sounds interesting though.

Did you know Disney is making it into a movie to be released in 2020?

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

3 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

You're welcome.

Had not heard of that series before googling, sounds interesting though.

Did you know Disney is making it into a movie to be released in 2020?

I didn't know that! I'm sure it will turn out really cool. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope it does and hey Disney has had a great run lately (as long as you forget "The Last Jedi" exists rFYv2e1c_o.gif) with the live

action stuff and having multiple Marvel movies topping the all time highest grossing list doesn't hurt either.

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 4

07K1tHnz_o.png

@KaizenSoze Just as an FYI I grabbed QueenBethari's costume file for

Tactical Pixie thinking to try and fix it for you but it worked perfectly right out of the gate for me.

Maybe try downloading a fresh copy? If that doesn't help can you be more specific about what kind of errors you are getting?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

If you forget to close Tequila ( like I sometimes do <.< ) it won't update until you close and relaunch. or manually re-validate.

Another thing that cause the issue is if the costume is created on Beta or Icon it can sometimes cause issues. I've had this happen t me before.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

ok, I usually come up with my own looks, but I would love some ideas on a few characters. 

First up is EnnVee, the second file is the costume I'm NOT happy with, I will do this for each character.

EnnVee1.costume happy with

ENNVEE hooded.costume not happy

next is Raven Nevamore, my Ex Carnie

Raven1.costume happy

Raven5.costume not happy

Last one for now is Kiss of Anubis - Egyptian themed is difficult to convey

Anubis1.costume happy

Anubis2.costume not happy

I look forward to seeing different takes on any of these !

21__infinity_by_halo_enigma-d2wllcr13.jpg

With all due respect to costume designers who are not female, we really need some girl costume love: 

--Long skirts

--Skirts/shorts that don't cause visual problems with tops

--Makeup fixes.  Love the ability to choose lip color, but no woman wears the same color on both lips and eyes. Except goths, I guess.  We need to be able to do lips one color and eye makeup another.

--mid-thigh skirts that aren't doofus looking

--new hair designs.  I'd love a super long (to knees or feet) flowy hair choice.

--jewelry.  Necklaces, earrings, bracelets.

--new head choices like cute hats a woman would actually wear, a flower (that doesn't need crazy "leaf hair"), etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Tahliah said:

With all due respect to costume designers who are not female, we really need some girl costume love: 

--Long skirts

--Skirts/shorts that don't cause visual problems with tops

--Makeup fixes.  Love the ability to choose lip color, but no woman wears the same color on both lips and eyes. Except goths, I guess.  We need to be able to do lips one color and eye makeup another.

--mid-thigh skirts that aren't doofus looking

--new hair designs.  I'd love a super long (to knees or feet) flowy hair choice.

--jewelry.  Necklaces, earrings, bracelets.

--new head choices like cute hats a woman would actually wear, a flower (that doesn't need crazy "leaf hair"), etc.

I kinda agree about the makeup thing. I wish eye and lip colors were in different slots.

My biggest beef with the long skirts is the awkward shading on the seat area. (I don't know why, but it really bothers me! I mean, the flared skirt isn't even touching the character, but it looks like she sat on a park bench in a rainstorm!)

As for jewelry, I can't really imagine that it would be very practical - of course, stiletto heels aren't, either. 😛

@EnnVee Thanks so much for posting the costume files for us to take a look at! I hope to get cracking on one of these soon. Would you mind also posting pictures, too? It helps me a great deal. 😁

13 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

@KaizenSoze Just as an FYI I grabbed QueenBethari's costume file for

Tactical Pixie thinking to try and fix it for you but it worked perfectly right out of the gate for me.

Maybe try downloading a fresh copy? If that doesn't help can you be more specific about what kind of errors you are getting?

For some reason I do not have the gun costume piece. Everything is fine. I will post pics this weekend.

• Like 1

Just the thread I was looking for.  I get interested in powersets but do not have ideas for the characters - name or costume.

Controller - Dark/Thermal.  Male.  Hero.  Non-human appearance..  Horns, non-human face, etc.  From a smoke and flame idea, I am thinking demon/devil.  I have several dark characters and lots of blue characters.  So I am thinking brighter and with red.

Controller - Plant/Dark.  Male.  Hero.  I am thinking dark elf.   This could be celtic or norse, or more fantasy savage elf.  My initial thinking is haughty, regal dark elf with elegant clothes, but I want a plant element.

Edited by DougGraves
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

Controller - Dark/Thermal.  From a smoke and flame idea, I am thinking demon/devil.  I have several dark characters and lots of blue characters.  So I am thinking brighter and with red.

Male or female?  Hero or villain?  More or less human in appearance?

3 hours ago, QueenBethari said:

I kinda agree about the makeup thing. I wish eye and lip colors were in different slots.

My biggest beef with the long skirts is the awkward shading on the seat area. (I don't know why, but it really bothers me! I mean, the flared skirt isn't even touching the character, but it looks like she sat on a park bench in a rainstorm!)

As for jewelry, I can't really imagine that it would be very practical - of course, stiletto heels aren't, either. 😛

I just noticed this horrible "wet bum" problem on a toon, and I had to change the whole look.  On top of that, we don't have usable long skirts yet (two lengths of material draped down legs does not a skirt make).

Jewelry may not be practical, but what superhero girl doesn't don a lovely necklace that IS NOT a chain or barbed wire?  It's hard to make a "pretty" girl with the current costume creator: they have to have crazy lip and eye makeup that matches, and that's just nuts.  On top of that, any decorative thing is chains, bones, or skulls.  Some girls like nice things that are not of dead people parts or chains/barbed wire/bones.

Dunno, it could just be me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tahliah said:

Jewelry may not be practical, but what superhero girl doesn't don a lovely necklace that IS NOT a chain or barbed wire?  It's hard to make a "pretty" girl with the current costume creator: they have to have crazy lip and eye makeup that matches, and that's just nuts.  On top of that, any decorative thing is chains, bones, or skulls.  Some girls like nice things that are not of dead people parts or chains/barbed wire/bones.

Dunno, it could just be me. 

I don't think it's just you.  It is annoying that, like you said, the closest you can get is chain or barbed wire.  I'd imagine that even a small selection of pendants attached to said chain/barbed wire, would go a long way to expanding our options.  Similarly, something like a selection of buckles/bangles *other than* the pad lock for the chain, would do wonders for character customization options.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

Controller - Dark/Thermal.  Male.  Hero.  Non-human appearance..  Horns, non-human face, etc.  From a smoke and flame idea, I am thinking demon/devil.  I have several dark characters and lots of blue characters.  So I am thinking brighter and with red.

Here's something I came up with.  I kept the skintone reddish, but went with silver & gold for the armor, to reflect his more heroic nature:

ravagence 1.jpg551237424_ravagence3.jpg.f708c93b0279f7d1e82a4dc2f564201a.jpg

dark thermal demon 1.costume

Edited by biostem
  • Like 3