Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

Very nice, excellent infact! I do have a few more requests if it isn't too much trouble, One is for a SS/Inv Brute Villain Male, the other is for a fire villain or villainess, powerset up to you, another is for a radiation or poison themed villainess, possibly punk themed or based on this

Im sorry for asking soo much from all of you but I am an altaholic 😛

• Like 2

On 12/8/2019 at 7:13 AM, MattL1222 said:

Very nice, excellent infact! I do have a few more requests if it isn't too much trouble, One is for a SS/Inv Brute Villain Male, the other is for a fire villain or villainess, powerset up to you, another is for a radiation or poison themed villainess, possibly punk themed or based on this

I got one of these costumes done. Here's the fire villainess, Princess Kamehameha!*

Kamehameha.thumb.PNG.0682393a6744a2465632dbe3fa73ce13.PNG

Kamehameha1.PNG.93ef250841d89ce1727716da4b91257a.PNG

Kamehameha.costume

*I think it might be kinda cool to play her as more of an anti-hero. This character's look is inspired by Liliuokalani, the last Hawaiian monarch. She is remembered for her valiant efforts to keep Hawaii's independence.

• Like 3

On 12/8/2019 at 1:13 PM, MattL1222 said:

In all fairness, that is one damn good costume (and character concept)! Do you mind if I use parts of it for an eventual poison-themed character? 😇

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
  • 4 weeks later

Looking for alternative design for my new favorite hero.

Arctic Shadow (female) - ice melee/ninja stalker

Descendant of mutated arctic foxes that survived the nuclear war which killed off all humans on her alternative earth.

She's here to warn the stupid hairless monkeys to change their ways.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 7:09 PM, KaizenSoze said:

Looking for alternative design for my new favorite hero.

Arctic Shadow (female) - ice melee/ninja stalker

Descendant of mutated arctic foxes that survived the nuclear war which killed off all humans on her alternative earth.

She's here to warn the stupid hairless monkeys to change their ways.

It ended up looking more like a wolf than a fox, but here's my attempt:

arctic shadow 2.png

Arctic Shadow.costume

Edited by biostem
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later

Help me remember...  There was a costume set that let you create "Power Rangers" (Super Sentai) type costumes.  But I can't remember what the set name was.  (Everybody called it Super Sentai back in the day, but it's official name was something else.)

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

2 hours ago, MattL1222 said:

I am looking to make a male brute villain but I dont have anything in mind so im wondering if the creative peeps in here could make something for me, any theme or motif is fine with me 🙂

Could you narrow things down at least a little?  Regular male or huge?  Any idea on powersets or maybe even a bit of this character's backstory?

12 hours ago, MattL1222 said:

He is someone who used to be a small time thug until he got mutated and gained super powers, thinking like super strength for a powerset and a regular male, atleast for body type, huge works as well

I'm having a bit of "character block" with this one.  I'll have to give it some more thought.  If you have any more specific details, that may spark some ideas, I'm all ears.  Thanks!

Found this thread. Figure I'd give it a whirl.

So I've got a character, happy with the build so far, happy with what costumes I have, but I feel like I need a little inspiration for some more. (You can never have too many costumes. ;))

He's a Savage Melee/Regen Stalker of the Mutation origin. I started him out in Praetoria, an idea for the uglier side of Cole's bright and shiny little city, a child born with lizard-like mutations which led to him being ridiculed by most during childhood (yes, he is very edgy. :P). Recruited into Power Division when he was able, but quickly went to join the Resistance as part of the Crusaders, if only to strike back at the authorities for not giving him what he feels he deserved, i.e, a decent upbringing.

These are the costumes I have for him so far, and I'm looking for expansions on the current concept for filling up those extra costume slots. My only requirements are that the "lizard" motif stays (that is his origin story, after all!), so the use of the "monstrous" claws and head are highly encouraged, but not necessarily mandatory. I currently have him on Redside now, though thinking of having him become a Rogue, as a way of him realizing that not everyone is out to get him.

And finally, here's the Bio I have written for him in-game.

"Billy Hurr never had the chance to live a "normal" life. Even at birth, Billy was born with a mutation that left him with hardened scales and a gruesome appearance, causing his parents to abandon him shortly thereafter. He was passed around from various foster homes, his status as a mutant turning him into a violent outcast who frequently engaged in vicious altercations with his peers. All of this contributed to his grim outlook on life, and as soon as he was able, he fled from the care of his foster homes and took to the streets, finding his mutations provided excellent opportunities to take what he wanted, when he wanted. With deadly claws and an even deadlier attitude, Savage Strike has vowed vengeance on the world and any who dare to cross him."

Costumes linked below. Thanks in advance! 

Spoiler

SS1.pngSS2.pngSS3.png

Edited by GastlyGibus
Formatting
  • Like 1

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

On 1/28/2020 at 6:52 PM, MattL1222 said:

Maybe making him out of stone....or steel possibly?

OK, so here are some ideas I came up with.  I've included a version of the 1st costume with and without the sunglasses & cigarette.  Hope you like them!

rock mutant 1.png

rock mutant 3.png

rock mutant 3.costume rock mutant 2.costume rock mutant 1.costume

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 2:27 AM, GastlyGibus said:

Found this thread. Figure I'd give it a whirl.

This probably isn't what you're looking for, but I recently recreated a reptilian-themed character that I ran on live.  AR/Poisons Corruptor (former Marine whom the Council used for genetic experiments involving Snake DNA).  BTW, I updated the glasses recently but didn't save the costume - what you see in the pic won't be exactly the same as the costume file.

Snakeman1.png.b7557b9b5bf858bc44ec45d9fa680826.png

Reptilian_marine.costume

Edited by TheOtherTed
  • Like 1

And while I'm here, I might as well post my request 😀

I had this idea for a species of "nomadic space genies" - interstellar travellers who visited the Earth centuries ago (at least pre-Islamic, probably pre-Christian, maybe even pre-Roman).  They had superhuman abilities (of course), worked from the shadows (of course), and may have been confused with (or maybe became a source of) stories of Djinn or other spirits.  In any case, they're swinging back through this part of the galaxy, you know, just to say "hi."

The specific character is a female Dark Blast/Dark Miasma corruptor (redundant?  I'll find out...), and so far I've settled on the following features:  Hooded (either Arcane or Circle of Thorns), Thug Mask or other lower-face coverings (but no Veils, please), and Supernatural Face 4 (the one with the white featureless eyes).  Thinking some sort of Robe or Jacket - currently sort of happy with the Warrior Fire robe, but, gosh (do people say "gosh" anymore?), it's hard to match with anything else.  Definitely open to other ideas.

As for color scheme, I was thinking some sort of off-white (or very pale color), but not sure what the secondary color would be.  Tried various types of purples, but nothing grabbed my eye.  Also, she'd have a dark and spooky combat aura, but I didn't want to play with that until I got the basic costume down.

"Hollywood" Persian-inspired garb would be cool, but would welcome a "sci-tech" feel as well.  Nearly full coverage.  Would prefer a sleek look (aside from the robe/jacket) - massive jagged shoulders and ten-ton monster boots just aren't my thing.

Edited by TheOtherTed

On 1/27/2020 at 12:37 PM, Doc_Scorpion said:

Help me remember...  There was a costume set that let you create "Power Rangers" (Super Sentai) type costumes.  But I can't remember what the set name was.  (Everybody called it Super Sentai back in the day, but it's official name was something else.)

I'm afraid I am unfamiliar with any of the Power Ranger varies costumes. <.<

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 2/2/2020 at 10:23 AM, TheOtherTed said:

And while I'm here, I might as well post my request 😀

I had this idea for a species of "nomadic space genies" - interstellar travellers who visited the Earth centuries ago (at least pre-Islamic, probably pre-Christian, maybe even pre-Roman).  They had superhuman abilities (of course), worked from the shadows (of course), and may have been confused with (or maybe became a source of) stories of Djinn or other spirits.  In any case, they're swinging back through this part of the galaxy, you know, just to say "hi."

The specific character is a female Dark Blast/Dark Miasma corruptor (redundant?  I'll find out...), and so far I've settled on the following features:  Hooded (either Arcane or Circle of Thorns), Thug Mask or other lower-face coverings (but no Veils, please), and Supernatural Face 4 (the one with the white featureless eyes).  Thinking some sort of Robe or Jacket - currently sort of happy with the Warrior Fire robe, but, gosh (do people say "gosh" anymore?), it's hard to match with anything else.  Definitely open to other ideas.

As for color scheme, I was thinking some sort of off-white (or very pale color), but not sure what the secondary color would be.  Tried various types of purples, but nothing grabbed my eye.  Also, she'd have a dark and spooky combat aura, but I didn't want to play with that until I got the basic costume down.

"Hollywood" Persian-inspired garb would be cool, but would welcome a "sci-tech" feel as well.  Nearly full coverage.  Would prefer a sleek look (aside from the robe/jacket) - massive jagged shoulders and ten-ton monster boots just aren't my thing.

Here's my attempt:

Space-Jinn.thumb.png.e9a54e97dbc735ae19108f055dfc83bb.png

Most of the "pale" colour options I think end up being too bright and "off-white" ends up be some shade of grey, so I went with a pale grey. I found that if you stick to the right column, the colours are less saturated and go well with grey. I went with green and teals for this one.

Since you called for a half-mask I actually went with the Organic Armor face. It offers the white eyes with the bonus that if you want bright, coloured glowie eyes you can do that as well.

Regarding your Dark/Dark redundancy comment, if you want to try other colour options/effects you can try Fire or Water Blast. 🙂

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 3

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 hour ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Here's my attempt:

Great call on the Organic Armor face!  Never realized you could change the eye color, and I always skipped it because of the texture.  Also, your comment about the muted colors in the right column got me thinking.  I inverted the color scheme on the robe, went with muted red for the primary color (the trim/pattern), and medium grey for the secondary.  After which, I tried the muted yellow for the secondary, and things started to click into place.  Results are as follows:

SpaceGenie01.thumb.png.b8df793a37fa9de1b5f9278fba0a22ba.png

The boots still bother me, but I wanted something relatively subtle to break up the red.  Any ideas?  Or maybe another leg/boot combo that works better?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TheOtherTed said:

Great call on the Organic Armor face!  Never realized you could change the eye color, and I always skipped it because of the texture.  Also, your comment about the muted colors in the right column got me thinking.  I inverted the color scheme on the robe, went with muted red for the primary color (the trim/pattern), and medium grey for the secondary.  After which, I tried the muted yellow for the secondary, and things started to click into place.  Results are as follows:

The boots still bother me, but I wanted something relatively subtle to break up the red.  Any ideas?  Or maybe another leg/boot combo that works better?

Take a look at Clockwork legs and Justice, with the boots you have already. Both have uncluttered look.

The Clockwork have a michanical-ish skin around the knee without looking techy.

The Justice legs has a line mid-thigh that I think counters the line of the tops of the boots.

22 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

SpaceGenie01.thumb.png.b8df793a37fa9de1b5f9278fba0a22ba.png

One of the sci-fi boots just has a bead/trim around the top, which may be just enough detail to breakup the red, without being too much.  There's also a boot, I think it's the Imperial Defense or maybe Praetorian Police, that basically has a solid shin/calf piece and a differently colored foot section, but it is a little bit wider, so may break things up as you wanted.