Tanker Tuesdays

Tiffany Seville

36 minutes ago, ZemX said:

Aaaaand... we showed up late for Synapse Team's Babbage as a result...image.thumb.jpeg.41b2170f2f474e76a997ef670d231b5e.jpeg

But it was fun times all around!  Thanks tanks!

This pictrure screams "Come on pretty ladies, around the world..."

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Haha 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Speaking of dancing, another Tuesday has arrived and I have a suggestion:

City of Heroes: Kronos Titans in Skyway City - YouTube

Sure, we could do another boring TinPex or grow old together doing a Dr. Q. which are the weeklies this week... OR... ORRRR!  We could spawn four or more Kronos Titans by running synchronized missions teams doing Crimson's World Wide Red arc and then all exiting into the same unsuspecting city zone at the same time!  Maybe even five-tank teams to maximize our Kronos Kount?!   

Thoughts?  Excel is usually our most-attended Tuesday!

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, ZemX said:

Speaking of dancing, another Tuesday has arrived and I have a suggestion:

City of Heroes: Kronos Titans in Skyway City - YouTube

Sure, we could do another boring TinPex or grow old together doing a Dr. Q. which are the weeklies this week... OR... ORRRR!  We could spawn four or more Kronos Titans by running synchronized missions teams doing Crimson's World Wide Red arc and then all exiting into the same unsuspecting city zone at the same time!  Maybe even five-tank teams to maximize our Kronos Kount?!   

Thoughts?  Excel is usually our most-attended Tuesday!

Sounds good. Although coordinating anything with Tank is like herding cats, so let's put it out there and see what happens.

• Like 1

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

Good times on Excel, we ran four teams with the intent on spawning four Kronos Titans. Sadly there was a level minimum we didn't foresee. So we had Three titan teams and one missions team. Thanks for taking the Titan teams MrsA, Umann, and Zem. We ended up with two Titans, which went down surprisingly fast to a bunch (four teams worth) of Tanks. I little refinement and we might try this again.

screenshot_230404-19-39-17.thumb.jpg.562b3eac93b11eda0f5944643188bce1.jpg

screenshot_230404-19-39-46.thumb.jpg.10461e9a27138c28eb4d722aa028c9f2.jpg

4/11 we're back on Torch! Meet in King's Row by IP gate at 6 pm PDT/9 pm EDT. See you then!

• Like 2

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

1 hour ago, Warboss said:

Good times on Excel, we ran four teams with the intent on spawning four Kronos Titans. Sadly there was a level minimum we didn't foresee. So we had Three titan teams and one missions team. Thanks for taking the Titan teams MrsA, Umann, and Zem. We ended up with two Titans, which went down surprisingly fast to a bunch (four teams worth) of Tanks. I little refinement and we might try this again.

Cool, your second pic caught me mid-Eye Beam zap.

It was fun smashing with all Tanks again.

First off, thanks everyone for giving it a shot!  It was fun and we learned some stuff.  

As the saying goes, "No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy!" 🤪

The two hurdles to doing this are:

1. Crimson has a whole ton of little random arcs but only ONE story arc, entitled "World Wide Red".  That title appears at the top of the dialogue window when he gives you the mission, but it's easy to miss if you don't know to expect it and aren't looking for it.  I had to do one of his lesser arcs prior to TTT yesterday in order to queue up the story arc.

2. The mission that spawns Kronos is the ninth one in the series.  So however many teams you have going can get significantly out of sync.  So you can have teams end up twiddling their thumbs in the final mission, not able to leave (because leaving spawns Kronos) until everyone else is up to the same point.  

Ouroboros seemed like a good way to solve #1 up there.  You can ONLY pick the World Wide Red story arc there.  But then we discovered it has a min level when you run it that way.  Ooops!  Also, a problem with running from Ouro is, I think, you can't add latecomers to the team.  So it's probably not a good plan going forward.  Everyone would have to be 45+ to join.

Given that, it seems like if we want to do this again in a future TTT, my suggestion would be lining up volunteer team leads ahead of time and getting them to run Crimson's arc in the open world, solo, until the "Stop all Wildflower Agents" mission appears.  Then freeze it there.  When TTT rolls around, we can ask how many such leads we have ready to go.  That's how many Kronos we can spawn.   If we decide to go with the Kronos event on that TTT, each volunteer can lead a team for just the kill-all mission we want.  No confusion with story arcs.  Easy one mission and out.

Last note:  I THINK that Kronos probably spawns after the first person on the team leaves the mission and it spawns relatively near them.  We saw the two Kronos last night spawn reasonably in the same area as each team's mission door.   We can use that if, instead of leaving by the door, we all agree on a zone to LRT to from inside the mission.  I've also heard it's possible to go to Ouro or an SG base and then leave and whichever zone you go to from there is the one Kronos spawns in.  If we do it that way, we can both pick the zone to Kronos Bomb *and* we shouldn't have to do too much long-range Kronos wrangling to get them together.  We just have to be sure none of us is too near a Police Drone.

Talos might be a good choice.  Everyone in the Wildflower completed mission can leave to Ouro, then to Talos.  You end up on "Beacon Hill" well away from the Tram.  It's not a bad stage to fight on either.   (Note: Any Rogues on the teams can just wait a while in the Wildflower mission after their teammates exit, then LRT to Talos to avoid possibly being dumped from the team due to faction bug).

Anyway, something to think about! 

Edited by ZemX

Thanks for suggesting it, Zem.  Regardless of the hurdles, it was a great time!

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

1 hour ago, ZemX said:

First off, thanks everyone for giving it a shot!  It was fun and we learned some stuff.  

As the saying goes, "No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy!" 🤪

The two hurdles to doing this are:

1. Crimson has a whole ton of little random arcs but only ONE story arc, entitled "World Wide Red".  That title appears at the top of the dialogue window when he gives you the mission, but it's easy to miss if you don't know to expect it and aren't looking for it.  I had to do one of his lesser arcs prior to TTT yesterday in order to queue up the story arc.

2. The mission that spawns Kronos is the ninth one in the series.  So however many teams you have going can get significantly out of sync.  So you can have teams end up twiddling their thumbs in the final mission, not able to leave (because leaving spawns Kronos) until everyone else is up to the same point.  

Ouroboros seemed like a good way to solve #1 up there.  You can ONLY pick the World Wide Red story arc there.  But then we discovered it has a min level when you run it that way.  Ooops!  Also, a problem with running from Ouro is, I think, you can't add latecomers to the team.  So it's probably not a good plan going forward.  Everyone would have to be 45+ to join.

Given that, it seems like if we want to do this again in a future TTT, my suggestion would be lining up volunteer team leads ahead of time and getting them to run Crimson's arc in the open world, solo, until the "Stop all Wildflower Agents" mission appears.  Then freeze it there.  When TTT rolls around, we can ask how many such leads we have ready to go.  That's how many Kronos we can spawn.   If we decide to go with the Kronos event on that TTT, each volunteer can lead a team for just the kill-all mission we want.  No confusion with story arcs.  Easy one mission and out.

Last note:  I THINK that Kronos probably spawns after the first person on the team leaves the mission and it spawns relatively near them.  We saw the two Kronos last night spawn reasonably in the same area as each team's mission door.   We can use that if, instead of leaving by the door, we all agree on a zone to LRT to from inside the mission.  I've also heard it's possible to go to Ouro or an SG base and then leave and whichever zone you go to from there is the one Kronos spawns in.  If we do it that way, we can both pick the zone to Kronos Bomb *and* we shouldn't have to do too much long-range Kronos wrangling to get them together.  We just have to be sure none of us is too near a Police Drone.

Talos might be a good choice.  Everyone in the Wildflower completed mission can leave to Ouro, then to Talos.  You end up on "Beacon Hill" well away from the Tram.  It's not a bad stage to fight on either.   (Note: Any Rogues on the teams can just wait a while in the Wildflower mission after their teammates exit, then LRT to Talos to avoid possibly being dumped from the team due to faction bug).

Anyway, something to think about! 

Just did this arc myself not long ago.

If you're trying to "save" the Kronos spawn, either sign out or warp out to a zone where it can't appear (O-portal) and then log off.

Did it after a ship raid one night and invited friends along.

Dropped into FF, went to one of those "galleries" over by the cliffs.

Standing there waiting on the spawn.

Finally I hear CLOMP, CLOMP, CLOMP, can't see him....

Then I turn around and there Kronos is.
Up on the cliff, looking down at me, with the sun at his back...

My tiny little tank...
*POOP!*

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

17 minutes ago, the mauler said:

OK. I've been missing TT . I'm going to to have Capt. Blood ready to go next TT on Everlasting if we will be doing it there. Sounds like a blast (pun intended)

We'll be on Torch, this Tuesday, but Everlasting, the next! 😁

P.S.  Free server transfers...

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

22 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

P.S.  Free server transfers...

I've been doing this and haven't run into any issues.   To be perfectly safe, create a place-holder character on your home server, rename the character you are about to send to another server for TT (e.g. add a "1" to the end of the name or something), and then give the original name to the placeholder on the home server.  Then transfer your tank.  You can rename again at the destination or pick some alternate if the name is taken there.

Make sure you're not leaving a SG consisting only of your tank or you will lose the SG base.  If this is the case, FIRST invite your temporary place-holder toon to the SG with /altinvite before transferring your tank out.

Hi all,

I just noticed that we have a 5th Tuesday coming up in May! The good news is, it's a 5th Tuesday! The bad news is, I might not be able to attend on that day. BUT, I would still like to suggest an all Tanker MSR on one of the servers. I don't recall where we left off/who's turn it is, but we should plan on an MSR there. I'll look through the thread and see if I can find where we were last.

See you all on Torch tonight!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

A fun run on Torch tonight. Two teams, one mission and one Synapse. Thanks for leading the Synapse TF PLV. We got to hit an AV, take on Babbage, and levels galore.

screenshot_230411-18-14-42.thumb.jpg.b403f76177194fe0c870b11c1f811b85.jpg

screenshot_230411-19-05-15.thumb.jpg.8da2860c09a6fb895b5348c40c725854.jpg

screenshot_230411-19-06-04.thumb.jpg.83f53e24ef54822db5df6ff4fcfc6a60.jpg

****4/15 we're running our Euro Saturday session of TT on Reunion. Meet in King's Row at 9:30 AM PDT! ****

4/18 we're back on Everlasting! Meet in King's Row by IP gate at 6 pm PDT/9 pm EDT. See you then!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

8 hours ago, Warboss said:

A fun run on Torch tonight. Two teams, one mission and one Synapse. Thanks for leading the Synapse TF PLV.

Always a pleasure, WB!  We took six tanks (of various levels and builds) and finished a +2 Synapse in 1:03.  The herding was glorious!!!  Much fun and many levels were the themes. 

See you, Saturday.

Much fun was had on Everlasting tonight. Welcome to all who are new to Tanker Tuesdays, and welcome back to the returning attendees. We ran two ITFs (thank you for leading MsA and PLV) and a missions team. Got a couple of AVs, radios, a pretty good mix.

screenshot_230418-18-53-27.thumb.jpg.94175320bffc5071e6c2e6608239d159.jpg

screenshot_230418-19-18-50.thumb.jpg.52bf67466f62f30cdf1c6f52834c9ee5.jpg

4/25 we're on Indom! Meet in King's Row by IP gate at 6 pm PDT/9 pm EDT. See you then!

• Like 1

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

10 hours ago, Warboss said:

We ran two ITFs (thank you for leading MsA and PLV)

Happy to help!  My camera was broken, so maybe @ZemX got some pics of Romulus' agony (x2)...  We had a great run of 8 tanks and finished a (near kill all) +2 ITF in 49 min.  Zem even got his new Rad/Axe to 50!  Nice mix of new and veteran TT'ers and we truly had a blast.  See you all, next week on Indom!

• Like 1

Yeah, the ITF is a farm just about.  But a fun them park farm!  Started out a third of a bubble into 47 and dinged 50 on the last mission. 

I am still working on "Stupid Axe Cyclone Tricks" though.  I've discovered combat jumping straight up the instant before keying it results in a sort of "fountain" effect that draws them in, up, and then flings them outward at the top.  Fun... but largely counter-productive.

I suppose I need to work on a few of my shelved tanks next.  Rad/SS and Shield/Dark.  Hmm... have I had enough Radiation?  No... no I think not!

• Like 1

Sad to have missed this week’s Everlasting TT tour. Still one of the highlights of this game. 

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

1 hour ago, Nyghtmaire said:

Sad to have missed this week’s Everlasting TT tour. Still one of the highlights of this game. 

And we missed you.  We will catch you next time!

A good time on Indom tonight. Three teams, two Yin (thanks for leading PLV and Pep), and MsA lead the missions teams (thanks for taking the star!). ColTech even got a chance to lead a missions team for a bit, so thanks for taking the star! Oh yeah, and Pep took us through a couple of AV missions after.

screenshot_230425-18-37-30.thumb.jpg.196ff82bb2492acc32f427c0763e5f78.jpg

screenshot_230425-18-48-06.thumb.jpg.d0186048ccf75f029bdb0c62faf56f24.jpg

screenshot_230425-18-51-41.thumb.jpg.50a85a143b4bd53f6d4325126d8141dc.jpg

screenshot_230425-19-26-48.thumb.jpg.ecaa2f06d6d060e1488e9491c8f199c9.jpg

5/2 we start off May back on Excel! Meet in King's Row by IP gate at 6 pm PDT/9 pm EDT. See you then!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

10 hours ago, Warboss said:

A good time on Indom tonight. Three teams, two Yin (thanks for leading PLV and Pep)

Always a pleasure, WB.  We were few (five) but mighty!  We finished a +2/8 (dropped to +1 for the AV) "kill most" in 48 min.  Much fun (and leveling) was had by all.  See you next week on Exc!