Scrappers and Taunt auras

hejtmane

Ok back when shields first came out I created a fire/sd and I so fell in love with shields damage boost and taunt aura.

Does anyone know the strength ratings of the taunt auras

I know shields and Invulnerability are strong and most say willpower is really weak

Where does energy aura stand and Bio armor never came out and I have not played it yet so not sure where it rad or ice stand

If anyone has the information I would love for you to post any information you have

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

I think anything with a damage aura should generate a certain amount of hate. I still tend to go brute on those though. I think Ice is one of the best as it has Chilling Embrace. I have thought about making a Dark/ice scrapper more than once. Plenty of hate and more AoE which helps Dark. /regen should be maybe the weakest.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Rad is very strong, especially if you go rad/rad, since you get 2 auras. I've only played Energy Aura on a brute. It appears that they significantly weakened the taunt aura on scrappers.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Bio armor "taunt" aura is not on the damage one : it's on Evolving armor. It's a Taunt mag 3 with 13,6 sec.

If i forget to remove it when teaming with low to medium geared tanker or brutes, they cannot keep agro.

Bio Armor also have an active pbaoe taunt in their active heal / endu clicky : DNA Siphon. The taunt is very low on this one but added to the Evolve Armor, it's perfect to keep thrash away from your supports.

I abuse those almost every day to tank speedruns TF for my team.

We often use 3 TW / bio scrappers  with blasters and support.

Edited by Tsuko
  • Like 1

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

39 minutes ago, Tsuko said:

Bio armor "taunt" aura is not on the damage one : it's on Evolving armor. It's a Taunt mag 3 with 13,6 sec.

If i forget to remove it when teaming with low to medium geared tanker or brutes, they cannot keep agro.

Bio Armor also have an active pbaoe taunt in their active heal / endu clicky : DNA Siphon. The taunt is very low on this one but added to the Evolve Armor, it's perfect to keep thrash away from your supports.

Thanks a lot that is the info I was looking for

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

3 hours ago, Tsuko said:

I knew it was on something other than genetic contamination, just couldn't remember which. I use DNA Siphon quite a bit too.

I did not remember it's on Evolving armor which may explain why my speedruns of Heather Townsend with stealth + SS always end in me dragging half the map.

Edited by subbacultchas
  • Haha 1

So the only scrapper secondaries that have a real taunt aura are Shield/Rad/Bio/WP/Inv?  I don't think Ice has one so with Icicles mobs will still be running away, perhaps slowly with chilling embrace, but still be running away.   I am curious because I am making Street Justice scrapper that keeps mobs packed tight to get the most out of its limited AOEs.

Edited by BorgIronhide
Forgot Invulnerability

Taunt aura on Rad armor seems fairly strong.  I generally am able to keep most mobs interested when I am the only melee on a team.  Using Ground Zero early and often may also be a factor.  Have not teamed on the character with a willpower tanker since I got the ability AFAICR.  That might be an interesting comparison. 

(Got the 'Medic' badge tonight on the character.  Now I have the healing scrapper I always wanted.)

For tankers, Willpower and Reflexes are the weak ones.  The rest are approximately equal in mag and duration, though the damage ones get an extra helping.  Never had issues holding mobs attention on a Spines/WP scrapper running Quills in the old game.  I know Regen scrappers get nothing of the kind at all.  Do not know if any of the other scrapper secondaries are like that. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

• 3 months later
On 9/27/2019 at 3:35 AM, Haijinx said:

Scrappers get no Taunt Aura in Regen or SR unlike the brute versions.  

I dont see one in Ninjitsu or Scrapper EA, either. 

Entropic Aura weaker than shield

1 hour ago, Aracknight said:

😕 A taunt aura for scrappers would be a damned nice QOL situation.  Chasing bad guys down can be  a pain. 

Yes I wish we had a way to make it optional in every secondary after playing shield; I can no longer play a secondary that does not have a taunt aura. I wish they could put it as an option for every scrapper but the only way I can think of that is being possible is turning every single target taunt in the primaries into an aura or just give every secondary a power that is a toggle when turn on a taunt or give us an option some how to turn taunt on or off in the build.

Maybe somebody else has a better suggestion on how to make it possible but I would love love for that to be the case

Another reason Brute SR > Scrapper SR. Now that BZB Scrap is all done, I moved one of my claws/sr brutes back to Excel and named him Beelzebubba. Yea, he takes longer to slaughter maps but he's also safer and I almost never have to chase anything down. Gonna respec him tonight based on the changes done to the scrap build and he'll become my "main" on excel for team stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Another reason Brute SR > Scrapper SR. Now that BZB Scrap is all done, I moved one of my claws/sr brutes back to Excel and named him Beelzebubba. Yea, he takes longer to slaughter maps but he's also safer and I almost never have to chase anything down. Gonna respec him tonight based on the changes done to the scrap build and he'll become my "main" on excel for team stuff.

I remember when they ported /sr to brutes and gave you guys a taunt aura I started begging the devs to add the taunt to scrapper /sr and I also thought /da and /fire should get at least some KB protection

2 minutes ago, hejtmane said:

I remember when they ported /sr to brutes and gave you guys a taunt aura I started begging the devs to add the taunt to scrapper /sr and I also thought /da and /fire should get at least some KB protection

That was a such a weird time for me. I had spent so very long as BZB the Scrapper that when I realized Claws/SR on a brute was just plain better in all ways that I had to walk away for a while. Of course then I just moved BZB-Scrap to a different server and kept BZB-Brute on Pinnacle as my new main.

Now, years later, AT IO procs push scrappers way back into the damage lead over brutes (where they should be) and I'm back to bouncing between the two and loving them both for different reasons.

While I absolutely hate chasing enemies, it does make sense to me that scrappers don't have the taunt auras brutes do simply because they aren't as sturdy. Would I gripe if that changed? Hell, no.

57 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

That was a such a weird time for me. I had spent so very long as BZB the Scrapper that when I realized Claws/SR on a brute was just plain better in all ways that I had to walk away for a while. Of course then I just moved BZB-Scrap to a different server and kept BZB-Brute on Pinnacle as my new main.

Now, years later, AT IO procs push scrappers way back into the damage lead over brutes (where they should be) and I'm back to bouncing between the two and loving them both for different reasons.

While I absolutely hate chasing enemies, it does make sense to me that scrappers don't have the taunt auras brutes do simply because they aren't as sturdy. Would I gripe if that changed? Hell, no.

That is why I think the best of both worlds is a way to have it on or off one can still dream

Capt PH has mentioned that he didn't feel scrappers should have taunt auras. 

So we won't be getting any added to sets that don't have them, nor will any other sets for scrappers get them.

It seemed like those that have them will keep them though.  

4 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Plus the brute version has its powers in the right order.

So it exemps much better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I hear ya. I shall forever dream of the PB-MB change that Sentinel SR got be ported to all SR.

That, and I'd love to have the changes from Sentinel Regen ported to other ATs too. The dead horse is a bloody puddle on this subject, but Regen needs some assistance. 

10 minutes ago, Aracknight said:

Why not split the difference and make it a mag 1 taunt with 0 range.  That way, if you want to slot it for taunt or range you have the option, and if you don't  nothing changes?

Is that a thing that's possible?

I agree. I think in principle all melee ATs should have some degree of taunt aura, it should just go from super weak for stalkers to super strong for tanks. The higher damage the AT the weaker their taunt aura.

30 minutes ago, Aracknight said:

Why not split the difference and make it a mag 1 taunt with 0 range.  That way, if you want to slot it for taunt or range you have the option, and if you don't  nothing changes?

Is that a thing that's possible?

Possible, sure.  

But clearly stated that taunt auras are just whatever they are.

Tbh, in context at the time he seemed surprised some scrappers had taunt auras.