Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

2 hours ago, Sovereigne said:

I believe it's the "Valkyrie" chest with the Valkyrie pattern, and the imperial dynasty chest detail, with one of the Robotic Arms selected for "upper body." The belt is the Kheldian one which females don't have access to, the Carnival of Light belt is pretty close though.

Thanks. I feared the male restriction. Like I said, I have a decent backup.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

13 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

What are the parts which make up the chest area and does the belt need to be unlocked? I know I had the belt for at least one other character, but I'm not getting it to show up on a female I am working on. Definitely not looking to copy it as I've made changes already. I'm just wondering. Heck, some of which I did copy just doesn't like right so I'm more looking like another variation of a ranger right now. I only have the boots and hood for what I would keep. I do like the belt I am currently using and might just keep it. I had a different top, but clipping was causing issue with any belt I liked, so trying to see if this one works.

It might not be available for females, I haven't checked yet, but here's the file and I don't mind sharing inspiration. I basically copied Superman's aesthetic so no worries 🙂

Ky El.costume

Edited by Mark
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

It might not be available for females, I'm haven't checked yet, but here's the file and I don't mind sharing inspiration. I basically copied Superman's aesthetic so no worries 🙂

Ky El.costume 7.07 kB · 0 downloads

I'm currently using the hood and that's it. I think I'll like use a lot of costume slots for this one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

1446308502_Screenshot(479).png.0976c7893f9aaba02b58ad4d0b91a9f2.png

I made a thread a while ago how to approach a speedster. I ended up making them a Kinetics/Sonic defender and rather than making them just a speedster, they can SHARE their speed. I was very conflicted, even now, about how "basic" this feels, there's no cool pattern usage, I've used all the "cool" pieces, it really feels uninspired and cheap to me...

And yet... I'm really happy how he turned out

1676924588_Screenshot(484).png.9a199e3b79f3c853389950ccccb22414.png

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Up 1

Resident certified baby

13 hours ago, Redletter said:

I made a thread a while ago how to approach a speedster. I ended up making them a Kinetics/Sonic defender and rather than making them just a speedster, they can SHARE their speed. I was very conflicted, even now, about how "basic" this feels, there's no cool pattern usage, I've used all the "cool" pieces, it really feels uninspired and cheap to me...

Off-the-rack is so boring, you should quiver in abject shame!

…said nobody ever.

I must have at least a dozen characters where I’ve used basic patterns, or even used pre-set costumes with one little tweak. I’ll post some later tonight when I get home from work.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Redletter said:

Honestly most of my best costumes have come from finding basic matching pieces that I like and customizing around them. I think this looks really great!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mark said:

It might not be available for females, I haven't checked yet, but here's the file and I don't mind sharing inspiration. I basically copied Superman's aesthetic so no worries 🙂

Ky El.costume 7.07 kB · 4 downloads

This is the wrong character. I saw the name and thought so but had to go and verify.  I still might modify that for something else.

This is the "Well, I don't hate it" version I have going right now. Still debating on keeping it female. The backstory is I have been looking at TA. I just haven't paired it with anything even though Archery would be easy for a Hover blasting character. Ended up going Grav/ta as I haven't really done either. Like, I have never rolled anything Grav. A TA/a might have been in the mid 20s back on live. I am currently tying it to CoH lore and thought about Croatoa and the named I settled on was Jonsson, but that is very in debate. I liked Croatoan Warder as well. I have a backup name I might use instead as I thought about using it for sometime. 

pic6779565.png

• Like 3

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

2 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

This is the wrong character. I saw the name and thought so but had to go and verify.  I still might modify that for something else.

This is the "Well, I don't hate it" version I have going right now. Still debating on keeping it female. The backstory is I have been looking at TA. I just haven't paired it with anything even though Archery would be easy for a Hover blasting character. Ended up going Grav/ta as I haven't really done either. Like, I have never rolled anything Grav. A TA/a might have been in the mid 20s back on live. I am currently tying it to CoH lore and thought about Croatoa and the named I settled on was Jonsson, but that is very in debate. I liked Croatoan Warder as well. I have a backup name I might use instead as I thought about using it for sometime. 

pic6779565.png

😅

SherwoodFall.costume Sherwood.costume

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Redletter said:

So here are some basic toons I've made with minor modifications. Nothing exciting, but I like them.

Frankenstein-Mobster.jpg
https://ibb.co/hMCSTwm

Retro-Rocketman.jpg

https://ibb.co/dtKgFNN

Razorwire1.jpg
https://ibb.co/XDbL1gB

Razorwire2.jpg

https://ibb.co/YWxqX67

Paula-Bunyan.jpg
https://ibb.co/pbsyYLP

Fire-Power.jpg

https://ibb.co/WDZNBzp

GIJello.jpg
https://ibb.co/DY3xwzY

The-Official.jpg

https://ibb.co/S6y5vYv

iBeam1.jpg

https://ibb.co/kX793Kf

iBeam2.jpg
https://ibb.co/0DvMFzd

Thunderstrafe.jpg

https://ibb.co/CnqMgKM

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 3/15/2022 at 12:40 AM, Redletter said:

Well as with MOST belts in CoX, no SENSIBLE person would DARE wear a very specific selection of belts with jackets. Among other items. It's actually illegal to do so, it's a crime even dirty villains won't commit! Have you seen Mot wear a jacket with a belt? Of course not! Hamidon? Nope! Even he's not THAT nefarious...

I now want art of Hami in a sleeveless jacket.

• Like 1

I'm still not entirely sure what my daughter was going for with this, but 4 year olds have interesting imaginations. xD Doesn't help that she only lets me make it through like 5 options at most when we're building a character before she chooses something. 🤣

SophieCreation.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Thumbs Up 3

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

14 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I'm still not entirely sure what my daughter was going for with this, but 4 year olds have interesting imaginations. xD Doesn't help that she only lets me make it through like 5 options at most when we're building a character before she chooses something. 🤣

The name really sells it, though.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

The name really sells it, though.

Omg I know right? My daughter's thought process for the name: "Well, I like chicken... and I like my Teddy, so his name is Chicken Teddy!" 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

What makes it worse/funnier is that it is Claws. Not Claw, but Claws.

• Haha 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.