Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

A mash-up of mostly previously posted ideas into a new look. It got a couple tells on the Elec/ea Controller I had, but I switched it to EA/elec Defender to get the better support numbers and I want to like Elec Control more than I actually do. I'm just surprised I got the name Refresh on Excel. 50/50 on leaving as is or changing it around. It is pretty basic although that isn't a bad thing.

pic6818848.png

This is more of a complaint about the lack of full sets in some sets which are overall really good, see Elemental Order, versus how much I like the overall design. There is no bottom option from what I can tell for Elemental Order. I run into this issue all the time. I like the bottom, see above, but it feels like I just kind of caved and went basic versus finding something which really popped. I'm sure I'll do that later. I did try CYBRDGRN's look a little bit in that I added the gloves and shoulders, but it felt bulky on the character, so I switched back. Love the bow though. I have at least 3 different looks stored right now. I know at least one added in some gold I might rep a lot. TA/ice aka Winter's Bow for those wondering. 

pic6818849.png

• Like 9
  • Thumbs Up 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

3 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

A mash-up of mostly previously posted ideas into a new look. It got a couple tells on the Elec/ea Controller I had, but I switched it to EA/elec Defender to get the better support numbers and I want to like Elec Control more than I actually do. I'm just surprised I got the name Refresh on Excel. 50/50 on leaving as is or changing it around. It is pretty basic although that isn't a bad thing.

pic6818848.png

This is more of a complaint about the lack of full sets in some sets which are overall really good, see Elemental Order, versus how much I like the overall design. There is no bottom option from what I can tell for Elemental Order. I run into this issue all the time. I like the bottom, see above, but it feels like I just kind of caved and went basic versus finding something which really popped. I'm sure I'll do that later. I did try CYBRDGRN's look a little bit in that I added the gloves and shoulders, but it felt bulky on the character, so I switched back. Love the bow though. I have at least 3 different looks stored right now. I know at least one added in some gold I might rep a lot. TA/ice aka Winter's Bow for those wondering. 

pic6818849.png

Elemental Order has a proper bottom and boots that go with it. The pants can be found under Tucked In -> Pants -> Elemental Order. And the boots are under the boots section, listed as Elemental Order and Elemental Order w/ Shield

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

58 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Elemental Order has a proper bottom and boots that go with it. The pants can be found under Tucked In -> Pants -> Elemental Order. And the boots are under the boots section, listed as Elemental Order and Elemental Order w/ Shield

I know where the boots are, but they are hit and miss for me. I have tried them, but rarely keep them. I have looked at Tucked In on occasion, but never have kept with it which is likely why I forget to look there.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

14 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

I know where the boots are, but they are hit and miss for me. I have tried them, but rarely keep them. I have looked at Tucked In on occasion, but never have kept with it which is likely why I forget to look there.

I feel you on that. I'm not fond of the boots for the set either, and I also rarely used the Tucked In option as I'm not fond of most of the looks myself, lol.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

4 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I feel you on that. I'm not fond of the boots for the set either, and I also rarely used the Tucked In option as I'm not fond of most of the looks myself, lol.

I looked at the Tucked In option. Honestly, there needs to be a full length option. 

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

I've got my Cimerora-only character who I have played infrequently, mainly because I am uncertain I appropriately matched real world versions of his rank and stature in ancient Greek society. To any history buffs out there, any recommended changes to this mid-40s, mid-to-high ranking (but not highest rank) Greek military officer and land owner? Also, to anyone who notes the historical humor in his name choice, I commend you! 😄

Edit: Paging @Luminara who I remember had ample knowledge and advice for a fellow player pertaining to ancient Egypt-themed costume design.

unknown.png

Another angle:

image.png.9e70d8a3d125b4043c8d1b9bb2608099.png

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 7
  • Thumbs Up 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

And to kinda make up for the Juicer, I've restarted and revamped an older hero of mine, Last Man Standing (Inv/Dark Tank), with a new base look as well as some additional appearance options. He never gives up, tho he sometimes gets a little deader looking if he's ever knocked down...

image.thumb.png.6f5d171c9580ed235a13e51be480013f.png

image.thumb.png.6afd0449248aef7353d63c27b55bfc49.png

image.thumb.png.ef318d3a62fd2999a723deb5000f16ef.png

Edited by Cutter
  • Like 8
  • Thumbs Up 4

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

3 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I've got my Cimerora-only character who I have played infrequently, mainly because I am uncertain I appropriately matched real world versions of his rank and stature in ancient Greek society. To any history buffs out there, any recommended changes to this mid-40s, mid-to-high ranking (but not highest rank) Greek military officer and land owner? Also, to anyone who notes the historical humor in his name choice, I commend you! 😄

Edit: Paging @Luminara who I remember had ample knowledge and advice for a fellow player pertaining to ancient Egypt-themed costume design.

unknown.png

Another angle:

Well, to begin, I note the use of a single shoulder item on the side opposing the shield.  Nice.  I do that with most of my weapon- and shield-using characters, too, so I'm delighted to see that I'm not the only one making good use of that new feature.  I go a bit further for the Shield characters and use the Barbarian Leather shoulder item on the shield arm, to prevent chaffing when the shield rubs against the upper arm, and a fingerless glove to give better grip, whereas my archers use the Small Gladiator on the arm not holding the bow and Small on the arm with the bow, plus glove options to reflect modern protective gear (specifically the arm guard, either the Dragon or Cloud bracer on the bow arm, and a glove of some kind on the draw hand to protect the fingers, because drawing and releasing a bow without protective gear is painful, and can rip the skin right off of your arm and fingers if it's powerful enough).  👍

Since we're obviously not reaching back to the most ancient of Greek history, I'd say we're working around the beginning of the Iron Age, before they were swallowed up by the Roman Empire, when the hoplites were the premiere soldiers of the region.  The cheapest, and most common, was simple linen armor, called linothorax, but only the lowest ranked soldiers wore that.  Hoplites, which is what your character would be, wore bronze armor, either a heroic (muscled) cuirass or a bell cuirass (the Black Knight cuirass without the StarkCo arc reactor).  They had greaves (lower leg armor) and helmets as well, so you're good there, but they didn't use armor on the forearms or shoulders.  So for historical accuracy, you'd have to go with bare arms and shoulders, and tint the chest, legs and helmet bronze (near gold, not the stained bronze common in modern sculpture.  shiny and bright).  Sorry, I really hate telling you not to use the asymmetrical details, but you did ask.  😞

Cavalry soldiers wore lighter armor, but we don't have horses.  And we're not looking at the commoner in linothorax, so we'll move on.

Under the armor, they wore a simple long tunic or toga, with long sleeves.  The tunic would cover their butts and groins, like a skirt, but they wouldn't have had the leather Roman skirt we use.  You might try a different skirt option, or see if the toga in Unique Tops allows the use of the cuirass detail pieces.  But if you decide to keep what you've got, match it to the color of the top undergarment and it's fine.

The shield should be round.  They only used the hoplon (large round shield, from which the hoplites took their name, also called an aspis) in ancient Greece.  It was the single most important piece of defensive equipment they had, because it protected not only the bearer, but also the people near him when used in formation (the phalanx).  You can still use that shield, though, simply add a line in the bio to explain that it's the remnant of a hoplon broken in battle and repaired to be used again without restoring its original shape.  Ancient Greeks were no less superstitious than anyone else (even today), and it wouldn't be unimaginable for a highly decorated veteran to continue to use a broken hoplon if it continued to serve its purpose, especially if it saved his ass from certain death.

I like the belt, too.  It's not standard military issue for ancient Greece, but it damn well works.  It's a shame we can only use a single chest detail, because a simple bandolier would really bring the entire look to perfection.  Since we can't, and you need something to hold your gear, a belt it is.

All of that is assuming you did mean Greek, not Roman.  Roman armor is comparatively accurately depicted in the game (could be better, but could also be a lot worse), and you could just stick with what you have for a Roman general.

As for the rank of your character, I believe what you're looking for is the polemarch.  Each polis was independent and self-governing, and had their own customs, social hierarchies, laws and perspectives, but one of the things universal to all of ancient Greece was the concept of military leaders, the polemarches.  Polemarches were appointed leaders of armies, basically generals in the modern sense.  There were several in each polis, they weren't supreme leaders or singular overlords of armies.  They were extremely powerful men, like modern generals, and part of the elite in the social structure of every polis, so they were both citizens and upper class.  They weren't Caesars or Alexanders, they weren't the rulers of their people, they were men doing a job.  Your character wouldn't be a Spartan polemarch, though, because the upper class of Sparta were legally barred from doing any work other than fighting as soldiers.  They didn't value land or money, they valued physical prowess, and they didn't work the fields during times of peace, they were supported by the metis (the middle class), the lower class and serfs, slaves or subjugated people.  Pick any other polis if you want your character to be "landed gentry", Sparta would be off that list.

In summation, lose the shoulder and glove armor, change the color on the chest, helmet and legs to bright bronze, slap a skirt on that bad boy (if there's a decent one available, if not, work with what you have now) and call him a polemarch of PickAPolis and you'll have a reasonably accurate interpretation of an ancient Greek general.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, The Peacock said:

Hey there! Showing off another costume that I'm personally happy with.

This is EIephant, who won an animal costume contest award for the Excelsior shard.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. This is next level.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

unknown.png

Another angle:

This is so smooth with almost no jaggies on the edges What settings do you use?

I watched the trailer for Thor: Love & Thunder and noticed that Zeus is in it. (I'm sure to only be killt-real-gud by Christain Bale's Gor the Godslayer, but still.) That implies we might see Hercules (and by extension, Amadeus Cho, who eventually becomes The Totally Awesome Hulk before transforming into Brawn).

So anyway, I made Hercules Jr. on Excelsior. Rather amazed the name was available. The design on the Roman chest piece even looks like an H, so that worked out great.

Barbarian ring on arms, Barbarian shorts, Cord for belt, short cape (tattered).

Hercules-Jr-Bio.jpg
https://ibb.co/tw6jPF7

Hercules-Jr.jpg

https://ibb.co/kxZW2yc

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2