Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

Greetings all, I have returned yet again after another break, just can't keep away... As always a return means a new alt, and suprisingly it's not a robot!

Mindblast - Psi/Rad Stalker.

After being bitten by a radioactive butterfly, Viv Blumenheim found she could become invisible and blast bad guys with raw psychic power just like a normal, erm, butterfly... ahem.

200w.webp  200w.webp

Mindblast001.jpg.9e5338b592a68ca586e75620c69789c5.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Michiyo said:

Hello!  I've been working on a costume sharing site for a few days, and figured I'd drop the link here https://costumes.cityofheroes.dev/ A few folks from Discord have been testing it out for me this evening.  It's still very basic, but I plan to add more if usage picks up.  Please let me know what you think.

Looks good on mobile. 4 wide costumes per row is a good fit. I like the pages option. 

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

20 hours ago, Robothenri said:

After being bitten by a radioactive butterfly, Viv Blumenheim found she could become invisible and blast bad guys with raw psychic power just like a normal, erm, butterfly... ahem.

I find more and more of my bios are trending towards this sort of thing, like "I dunno man, he's just some green lion-headed guy with a sword and like this big shield... thing.  He fights crime ok?"  🙂

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 2/4/2022 at 3:43 PM, MrAxe said:

My main, The TK Cavalier. Or Patriotic Hero 187 since there's loads running around. 🙃

TKCavalier3.jpg.568950633d77263c894d5f7a7a2b4ea3.jpg

I posted an old pic of him in this thread one or two years ago but these are much improved imo.

So love your use of that helmet for the Union Flag, such an inspired choice. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Just created this guy. Pretty simple method - Cyborg template, electric aura, all sliders to the left (he's tiny!).

He's the next generation of Sprockets created by the Clockwork King to instill fear in the citizens of Paragon City... but this prototype had his programming tampered by a hero infiltrating the King's premises (and also destroyed the original plans). Given free will and re-aligning himself to be an heroic and upstanding citizen (although some of its previous programming is still working...*), Shokkid now patrols the streets of Paragon City ins search of foul villains!

image.png.efb83056d6291ace03dd7c333b288079.png

* He's a Corruptor, after all... Electric/Electric

Edited by Mekanyzer
  • Like 4

Too many characters to count...

57 minutes ago, Six-Six said:

This one just jumped at me out of the blue.

And with that, I think this thread will just goes down hill.  😁

• Haha 2

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

On 2/7/2022 at 4:35 PM, Frozen Burn said:

And of course, any shape-shifting feline needs to turn into a Cougar to prey on young cubs

I got hit on by a cougar once, in a bar. She started giving me this "I know I'm a lot older than you ..." line, so I asked her how old she was. She was actually three years younger than me (45 to my then-48).

Nice-looking woman, and clearly DTF, but I turned her down. She was too damned drunk.

• Haha 2

This is one of my favorite blasters to play - highly survivable and a PBAOE killing machine:  Kiska Nikolaevna (DP/Mental)

Yekaterina Nikolaevna Pushkareva (aka Kiska) from a small Russian town showed great mental abilities as a child. The FSB took Kiska from her family and put her in an old but still active Cold War Era KGB program loosely translated as “Psy-Knife.” The program used people like Kiska as assets for espionage, counterintelligence, and military applications to combat the modern threats of meta-humans, aliens, and the paranormal.

Kiska was subjected to extreme conditions to grow her psychic and parapsychological abilities. They rigorously trained her in martial arts and conventional small arms weaponry. Her loyalty was constantly tested. At age 16, she became one of Russia’s best agents, but secretly plotted revenge for being ripped away from her family.

Able to glimpse into the near future, she escaped during one of her first assignments. With the enraged FSB constantly on her trail, she became a mercenary and assassin for hire, but only taking jobs against those who threaten innocents. The Malta Group hired her to eliminate a meta-human villain, but once they found out she too had abilities, they immediately turned on her and hired the Knives of Artemis to help them hunt her down.  The KoA however, realized Kiska's potential and tried hard to have her join their ranks. But Kiska refused so they have agreed to take the contract and eliminate her. 

Still on the run and steps ahead of her pursuers, Kiska enacts revenge on her Russian captors while dealing her own sense of vigilante justice to anyone who oppresses others. She travels the world to topple regimes and corporations as well as assassinate the cruel and evil. She will even intentionally leave clues behind to draw in those chasing her so she can eliminate them as well. It is rumored she has lately been in Paragon City and the Rogue Isles.

1117668464_Kiska1.jpg.4a97c8202ac95bd33107b40873763ff6.jpg41046873_Kiska2.jpg.45724d02afb36f1a81b75738e734ff50.jpg1310773958_Kiska3.jpg.ffb425862cbb2ce92d743d56c83e1aef.jpg358262444_Kiska4.jpg.ea0bd8a6d0fa27835f491acdb0ebfa04.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, biostem said:

I dunno if this necessarily jives with the lore, but I think this one turned out nicely;  A former member of the Knives of Artemis, stripped of her wrist crossbow and sword, who took up a full-sized bow and life of heroism instead.  She's "The X-Knife":

7.93 kB · 

I think it totally jives with the lore!  Great look and name.  And good job trying to recreate elements of the KoA uniform.  I wished we had access to all their cool costume pieces.  🙂  

• Thanks 1

Dr. Mason Wescott of Praetoria is a brilliant scientist in his own right, which is why Dr. Raymond Keyes selected him to work closely with him on his nuclear reactor project.  Mason was in awe of Dr. Keyes' brilliance--so much so, that Mason became obsessive, over-achieving, and wanted to be just like Dr. Keyes.  Mason began to dress like Dr. Keyes, act like him, and try to be like his idol in every way.  Mason even hates Neuron like Dr. Keyes.  However, instead of loving Praetor Duncan, he despises her for causing Dr. Keyes' fall from Praetorship--how dare she ruin such a brilliant man!

But Mason's zealousness caused an accident with one of the reactors and he was over-exposed to gamma rays causing him to burst with nuclear energy.  (Whether the accident was truly an accident or intentional, it is still unknown.)  Dr. Keyes and others assumed Mason was dead as he was rushed to the hospital.  But Mason lived and believed the "accident" was destiny. This was his chance!  He stole Dr. Keyes' containment suit technology and built his own armor making modifications for himself.  He could now truly be just like Dr. Keyes and Anti-Matter!  He will now become:  Anti-Meson! Being presumed dead and now jobless, Mason joined Powers Division to be a great protector of Praetoria, if not better than, his idol, Dr. Raymond Keyes aka Anti-Matter.

(Rad/Rad Tank)

1929755356_Anti-Meson1.thumb.jpg.2459bb1e4a5303e5ad7e3785be8b071e.jpg1670031886_Anti-Meson2.thumb.jpg.64c5ddf42fb6337dc0d71f9879e25b8a.jpg

Edited by Frozen Burn
  • Like 7

The Sunflare Surfer is the all-time galaxy champion of solar and sun-flare surfing. Growing up on Talos Island, he spent most of his time surfing and hanging at the beach. When he eventually developed his mutant fire powers and tolerance for heat and radiation, he successfully tested himself by surfing the plasma waves and flares of the Earth's sun. He now goes from star to star looking for the biggest waves and flares to ride and competing in the galaxy's sun-surfing tournament circuit. There are very few who can compete with the Sunflare Surfer as many are just not that talented or can't stand the heat--literally!

Even though the Sunflare Surfer is also a registered "hero" with Paragon City's Hero Corps, he would rather be on a beach or the nearest star. Lately, he can generally be found off the coast and beaches of the Rogue Isles where the waves are "totally rad, dude!" Oh yeah... there is some villainy to stop there too.

(Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)

1143444359_SunflareSurfer1.jpg.b8e40c6f24a1cce352e05f787bd06579.jpg410423007_SunflareSurfer2.jpg.f66d8f387ca8c2d0eada3037108f395a.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 3