Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

On 3/12/2022 at 7:24 PM, biostem said:

Meghan received an experimental treatment derived from sea creatures, in order to save her life.  It had some... side effects.  Deciding to make the best of the situation, and in order to learn to control her new powers, she took up hero work, dubbing herself "Meg A. Lodon", (warm water and stealthy "Orca" looks):

meg a lodon2.jpg

meg a lodon3.jpg

Oh hey! I played with you! We helped a person beat up Chernobog. Fun times!

• Thumbs Up 1

Resident certified baby

10 hours ago, Redletter said:

I dont know. Why DOES the Champion belt not exist for women?

Sadly not an option for Sleeveless Jacket. So you are correct, I should have questioned why women in sleeveless jackets do not get the Champion belt.

3 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Sadly not an option for Sleeveless Jacket. So you are correct, I should have questioned why women in sleeveless jackets do not get the Champion belt.

Well as with MOST belts in CoX, no SENSIBLE person would DARE wear a very specific selection of belts with jackets. Among other items. It's actually illegal to do so, it's a crime even dirty villains won't commit! Have you seen Mot wear a jacket with a belt? Of course not! Hamidon? Nope! Even he's not THAT nefarious...

• Haha 1

Resident certified baby

On 3/15/2022 at 2:13 PM, biostem said:

While we're on the subject, is it just me, or do a large proportion of the belts seem to sit really high on my characters?

Well, it used to be that belts were actually worn around the waist, because that's where the waistbands of pants were (hence the name, "waistband"). The "belt around the hips" is a more modern thing. If you look at Golden Age superheroes, and even some Silver Age characters, you'll see the higher belts.

Adam West, the Actor Who Played 'Batman' in 1960s TV ...

Supermana.jpg

Edited by RikOz
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Shortly after posting about 'Meg' above, I decided to create a male version, 'Don'.  I actually got him to 50 first, and he's my 1st tanker on Homecoming that I did so with.

His friends call him "Megalo Don".  He just call his enemies "old chum"...

megalo don1.jpg

megalo don2.jpg

Edited by biostem
  • Like 13
  • Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, biostem said:

Shortly after posting about 'Meg' above, I decided to create a male version, 'Don'.  I actually got him to 50 first, and he's my 1st tanker on Homecoming that I did so with.

megalo don1.jpg

megalo don2.jpg

Ran an MLTF with you earlier and this looks even better in “person”! 

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2022 at 7:23 PM, biostem said:

megalo don1.jpg

megalo don2.jpg

Just teamed with you tonight, great costume!

• Thanks 1

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Wow, Volkanus looks amazing!  How are you getting that orange color on his chest?  I've tried something similar for a volcano-themed character, and when I try red it's too red, and when I try orange, it's too golden to get the right color like you did.

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

@Shocktacular haha. thanks.

It's the glowy ice/fire chest detail. Here's the costume file so you can analyse it in detail. I'd probably murder the explanation. 😃 

Volkanus.costume

Afterthought: The only other explanation I could think of was my monitor/graphic settings. I'm on an ancient computer, so my graphic settings are really low. I know those affect how the costume pieces are displayed.

Edited by Six-Six

So, I've got Dynamo Joe running the Dark Astoria arcs. 

This is his normal look BTW: 

F6H9Iis.png

And it seems... incongruous to have a guy in a mecha suit doing arcs based so heavily on magic. I started thinking about attacks from Mot and the Knives of Vengeance etc, not to mention the high level Circle of Thorns and that DJ's defenses against those would naturally be lacking.

Maybe his return attacks might lack something as well. I know that in the game, this doesn't matter. But I like my own headcanon to stay relatively consistent. I think about these things! 

So - going back to Final Fantasy games as far back as FF6. I remembered a word often in use in those games - Magitech. Now in those stories - you had MECHA and other mechanical weapons that were powered by magic and often used it directly to attack and defend. But they are still mechanisms at their heart. 

So what would Dynamo Joe look like if they stripped the suit down to it's frame and layered it back up with armor that had runic protections and weaponry that was amped with mana energy? 

Why... ultimately, I came up with something that looks like ... THIS: 

kWLVnQj.png

Does he look the part for Dark Astoria now? 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Dynamo-Joe said:

F6H9Iis.png

And it seems... incongruous to have a guy in a mecha suit doing arcs based so heavily on magic. I started thinking about attacks from Mot and the Knives of Vengeance etc, not to mention the high level Circle of Thorns and that DJ's defenses against those would naturally be lacking.

Maybe his return attacks might lack something as well. I know that in the game, this doesn't matter. But I like my own headcanon to stay relatively consistent. I think about these things! 

So - going back to Final Fantasy games as far back as FF6. I remembered a word often in use in those games - Magitech. Now in those stories - you had MECHA and other mechanical weapons that were powered by magic and often used it directly to attack and defend. But they are still mechanisms at their heart. 

So what would Dynamo Joe look like if they stripped the suit down to it's frame and layered it back up with armor that had runic protections and weaponry that was amped with mana energy? 

kWLVnQj.png

Well done!  Love where and how you went with this.  And the new look is awesome!

I will do the same thing with some of my toons that I have good concept and/or backstory for.  I'll give them a new look depending on the content and/or foes they fight.  My Praetorians usually get a new look for when they come to Primal, A hero gets a new look when they become a vigilante, A villain gets an upgrade in their quest for new power.  As you said, it doesn't affect the game itself, but it really does make playing the character THAT more enjoyable.  🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frozen Burn said:

Well done!  Love where and how you went with this.  And the new look is awesome!

I will do the same thing with some of my toons that I have good concept and/or backstory for.  I'll give them a new look depending on the content and/or foes they fight.  My Praetorians usually get a new look for when they come to Primal, A hero gets a new look when they become a vigilante, A villain gets an upgrade in their quest for new power.  As you said, it doesn't affect the game itself, but it really does make playing the character THAT more enjoyable.  🙂

I did that with my villain-turned-hero. Though I originally rolled her as a villain (both on live and for HC), her backstory said that she started out as a hero named "Blue Violet" (violet the flower, not violet the color), who worked together with her sister, "White Orchid". While I never actually designed that original hero costume, I imagine it being blue & white. As a villain, though, she altered her name to "Bruised Violet" and went with dark purple & black. When she eventually worked her way back to hero status, she discarded the "Violet" and renamed herself "Blue Celestina" (celestina is a blue flower that grows in the Dominican Republic, her country of birth) and returned to a mostly blue costume, with some black and white here and there.

• Like 2

On 3/22/2022 at 10:47 PM, Dynamo-Joe said:

F6H9Iis.png

kWLVnQj.png

Really impressive. I've tried to do a number of toons like this but they never look quite right. You've got so many disparate pieces and a variety of colors and yet you've made it all work. That's a kind of magic on its own.

• Thanks 1

On 2/25/2022 at 7:50 PM, Mark said:

sherwoodfall.png

What are the parts which make up the chest area and does the belt need to be unlocked? I know I had the belt for at least one other character, but I'm not getting it to show up on a female I am working on. Definitely not looking to copy it as I've made changes already. I'm just wondering. Heck, some of which I did copy just doesn't like right so I'm more looking like another variation of a ranger right now. I only have the boots and hood for what I would keep. I do like the belt I am currently using and might just keep it. I had a different top, but clipping was causing issue with any belt I liked, so trying to see if this one works.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

1 hour ago, Without_Pause said:

What are the parts which make up the chest area and does the belt need to be unlocked? I know I had the belt for at least one other character, but I'm not getting it to show up on a female I am working on. Definitely not looking to copy it as I've made changes already. I'm just wondering. Heck, some of which I did copy just doesn't like right so I'm more looking like another variation of a ranger right now. I only have the boots and hood for what I would keep. I do like the belt I am currently using and might just keep it. I had a different top, but clipping was causing issue with any belt I liked, so trying to see if this one works.

I believe it's the "Valkyrie" chest with the Valkyrie pattern, and the imperial dynasty chest detail, with one of the Robotic Arms selected for "upper body." The belt is the Kheldian one which females don't have access to, the Carnival of Light belt is pretty close though.