Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

8 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

The Sunflare Surfer is the all-time galaxy champion of solar and sun-flare surfing. Growing up on Talos Island, he spent most of his time surfing and hanging at the beach. When he eventually developed his mutant fire powers and tolerance for heat and radiation, he successfully tested himself by surfing the plasma waves and flares of the Earth's sun. He now goes from star to star looking for the biggest waves and flares to ride and competing in the galaxy's sun-surfing tournament circuit. There are very few who can compete with the Sunflare Surfer as many are just not that talented or can't stand the heat--literally!

Even though the Sunflare Surfer is also a registered "hero" with Paragon City's Hero Corps, he would rather be on a beach or the nearest star. Lately, he can generally be found off the coast and beaches of the Rogue Isles where the waves are "totally rad, dude!" Oh yeah... there is some villainy to stop there too.

(Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)

1143444359_SunflareSurfer1.jpg.b8e40c6f24a1cce352e05f787bd06579.jpg410423007_SunflareSurfer2.jpg.f66d8f387ca8c2d0eada3037108f395a.jpg

This is genius. Changing the hair? Brilliant. Wetsuit… er, hotsuit? Sweatsuit? Board shorts? Magnificent.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, biostem said:

Great character, but I have to deduct points for not having him say "totally tubular" while lounging in an innertube...  😛

1154423833_SunflareSurfer3.thumb.jpg.1a0b9e80f31620576fbde0b413944eea.jpg

And I don't know why i didn't include this outfit in first post, but he does have a more "respectable" look for going out in the evening...

1594950546_SunflareSurfer4.thumb.jpg.2f87e21d4fd172cd8867a65c52d8f41b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hey guys, another day, another alt 😂. This is prehaps the simplest costume I've designed, but I just feel it doesn't need any more. He's a real blast to play 👍.

Doctor Blackstar - Dark/Fire Dom.

Dr. Lucas Balthazar was making a respectable name for himself in the field of physical cosmology and astronomy with his groundbreaking work on Dark Energy and it's place in the universe. However whilst attempting to build a model to accurately measure the cosmic microwave background, Dr. Balthazar created a minute dark energy core within his brain, and was transformed into, Doctor Blackstar!

DoctorBlackstar001.jpg.90449b53e99ee5901e4a23b42ad4b9a1.jpg

Edited by Robothenri
  • Like 21
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Robothenri said:

Hey guys, another day, another alt 😂. This is prehaps the simplest costume I've designed, but I just feel it doesn't need any more. He's a real blast to play 👍.

Dr. Lucas Balthazar was making a respectable name for himself in the field of physical cosmology and astrology with his groundbreaking work on Dark Energy and it's place in the universe. However whilst attempting to build a model to accurately measure the cosmic microwave background, Dr. Balthazar created a minute dark energy core within his brain, and was transformed into, Doctor Blackstar!

This is great!  Sometimes, simplest is the best.  Less can be more!  🙂  Also, in the bio.... did you mean "astrology" as in horoscopes and the like;  or did you mean "astronomy" as in planets, stars, and other objects in space?  I could see it either way, but the context seems like you meant "astronomy."  ??? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

This is great!  Sometimes, simplest is the best.  Less can be more!  🙂  Also, in the bio.... did you mean "astrology" as in horoscopes and the like;  or did you mean "astronomy" as in planets, stars, and other objects in space?  I could see it either way, but the context seems like you meant "astronomy."  ??? 

I came here to say this.  Also, if you want to be a bit more specific, dark energy generally falls under the "cosmology" sub-field of astronomy.  Cosmology is the study of the universe as a whole; its formation, structures, expansion, etc.  Currently, the expansion of the universe is accelerating, and since acceleration can't just happen out of nowhere, cosmologists have coined the term "dark energy" to label whatever it is that's causing this acceleration.

Edited by Shocktacular
  • Thumbs Up 2

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs so far.
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

1 hour ago, Frozen Burn said:

Thank you very much 👍. And, yes absolutely was supposed to say astronomy, cheers.

29 minutes ago, Shocktacular said:

I came here to say this.  Also, if you want to be a bit more specific, dark energy generally falls under the "cosmology" sub-field of astronomy.  Cosmology is the study of the universe as a whole; its formation, structures, expansion, etc.  Currently, the expansion of the universe is accelerating, and since acceleration can't just happen out of nowhere, cosmologists have coined the term "dark energy" to label whatever it is that's causing this acceleration.

Yes, I read similar on the wiki page when I was inventing a backstory 👍

52 minutes ago, Shocktacular said:

The breaks gave out. The simplest answer is the best!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Robothenri said:

Dr. Lucas Balthazar was making a respectable name for himself in the field of physical cosmology and astronomy with his groundbreaking work on Dark Energy and it's place in the universe. However whilst attempting to build a model to accurately measure the cosmic microwave background, Dr. Balthazar created a minute dark energy core within his brain, and was transformed into, Doctor Blackstar!

Super jealous! well done!

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

19 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

Some of the greatest heroes often used his name as an exclamation of surprise of danger in times gone by, his memory still remains.

I give you, The Great Scott.

Great Scott would get along well with Great Caesar's Ghost and Sweet Christmas.

caesar.png

xmas.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Thumbs Up 2

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)