Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

On 3/1/2022 at 2:15 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

What Aura is that "heart pulse" anyway?

Beastly Rage > Chest.

• Thanks 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

I've mentioned before that I'm a big fan of 2000ad and all the associated titles like Judge Dredd, ABC Warriors, Rogue Trooper etc, and a lot of my characters are very much inspired by 2000ad, some purposely, some subconsciously. But, I've never created a successfull Judge Dredd type character, as he's such an iconic figure, I never felt I could get it right, the costume, the feel of megacity one, any of it. Then the other day I'm thinking, I've never really explored Praetoria, even when we were on live, I started 1 or 2 characters there but never really explored with them and they got deleted. So I decided it was time for a Judge to seriously explore all that is Praetoria, and Judge Mercy was born! 😂.

To mark the occasion I've collected up all my 2000ad inspired dudes.

2000ADGang.thumb.png.3ec8c897412c3e99b04fbdf0497e6448.png

• Like 10
  • Thumbs Up 5

15 hours ago, Robothenri said:

I've mentioned before that I'm a big fan of 2000ad and all the associated titles like Judge Dredd, ABC Warriors, Rogue Trooper etc, and a lot of my characters are very much inspired by 2000ad, some purposely, some subconsciously. But, I've never created a successfull Judge Dredd type character, as he's such an iconic figure, I never felt I could get it right, the costume, the feel of megacity one, any of it. Then the other day I'm thinking, I've never really explored Praetoria, even when we were on live, I started 1 or 2 characters there but never really explored with them and they got deleted. So I decided it was time for a Judge to seriously explore all that is Praetoria, and Judge Mercy was born! 😂.

Awesome! Here is my Judge Anderson.... and I saw Judge Mortis (think it was that one) in Pocket D a couple of weeks back so maybe he will show up here as well!

judgeA.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 5

5 hours ago, Metatheory said:

Awesome! Here is my Judge Anderson.... and I saw Judge Mortis (think it was that one) in Pocket D a couple of weeks back so maybe he will show up here as well!

judgeA.jpg

That's a cool Judge Anderson 👍.

Here's Judge Mercy in action, Beam/Rad Sentinel

giphy.gif

JudgeMercy.jpg.5502234508335943e09333b3d68f21eb.jpg

Edited by Robothenri
  • Like 5

On 2/25/2022 at 2:48 PM, Six-Six said:

Ooh. I particularly like how the chest pattern, chest detail and aura align. Nice work (translation: I may or may not steal it sometime soon).

Meanwhile, this one evolved unexpectedly...

NIMH Rod. Savage/Bio Scrapper. 

949339027_Ratboy.png.1d92dbf42659bcd109c4b940d1d7814e.png

you've inspired Rat-a-tat-tat

image.png.f0167dec6384a64fb75072a4884639f7.pngimage.png.8d3079c35a1c28da609635dc548aab61.png

Ratatattat.costume

Edited by Troo
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

23 hours ago, Robothenri said:

I never seek to do an outright clone but I have so many homage characters. Naturally, I had to take a crack at Dredd in the form of Arbiter Doom!

doom1.png

doom2.png

doom3.png

• Like 11
  • Thumbs Up 2

Actioneer || Aerobat || Agent Archer || Agent Dare || Amazona || Arbiter Doom || Astrowoman || Atheos || Attache || Aurgelmir || Big League || Blue Weasel || Bomber Girl || Cavalcader || Centenarian || Change Agent || Charade || Chimpanzer || Chorus Girl || Chrono King || Circlet || Cockatrice || Cogsman || Coin-Operative || Cold Spell || Countess Cataclysm || Crackdown || Death Adder || Deathwatch || Devana || Didgeridoo || Dirigible || Doctor Arioch || Doctor Asmodeus || Doctor Epoch || Doctor Typhoon || Duke Dreadsome || Executress || Eye || French Roast || Ghost Gal || Goldsmith || Hellstone || Herculon || Ifrit ||  Illuminoid || Iron Agent || Jen-X || Junkman ||  Liberta ||  Lord of Winter || Maera || Mime || Monument || Namtaru || Newsreel || Overman || Pakhet || Queen Cheetah || Queen Sting || Steve Saturn || Tarnation || Technoid || Teen Thunderbolt || Torch Titan || Xerelerex || Zodiax 

26 minutes ago, Attache said:

I never seek to do an outright clone but I have so many homage characters. Naturally, I had to take a crack at Dredd in the form of Arbiter Doom!

doom1.png

doom2.png

doom3.png

That's a great homage. I can see the Judge Dredd influence but you've created an all original character. Good work 👍

• Like 1

My plan for this year is to focus on the triplet of characters who recently made it to 50 (you've seen them here--Bronze Magus, Empowered, and Earthshock). So I had intended to leave the itch I have felt for a couple of powersets unscratched. But inspiration sometimes arrives unexpectedly....

I was on an Annie Lennox kick and was watching the video for Missionary Man and I mean come on...how can one not be inspired by Annie Lennox?

*Sigh* Why does the Champion belt not exist for women? And you know, while Annie Lennox always looks awesome replicating her palette from the video was not completely satisfying in the costume creator. Well, if I am wandering away from slavish devotion to the video, let me cross another line I try to avoid--national flag themed heroes.  One thing led to another, and I think I have the costume for the Claws/Invulnerable character I am waiting to make:

Annie.thumb.jpg.258032f67cf5c3810895041a0ac3dd2a.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

These bunnies are reproducing like...  uh...  This is my Rabbitattatt.  =)

Rabbitattatt.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Meghan received an experimental treatment derived from sea creatures, in order to save her life.  It had some... side effects.  Deciding to make the best of the situation, and in order to learn to control her new powers, she took up hero work, dubbing herself "Meg A. Lodon", (warm water and stealthy "Orca" looks):

meg a lodon2.jpg

meg a lodon3.jpg

Edited by biostem
  • Like 25
  • Thumbs Up 2