Jump to content

Brute Build List


Recommended Posts

Hello, I'm @Hopestar and I'll be maintaining a build list thread for each Archetype. From here I'll be linking any finished builds from the forums and pm'd to me or pinned on the discord into this topic.

Have a finished build that isn't here? PM me.
Please no theorycrafted (as in never played) builds, I want your used builds.

 

Other Build Lists:

Blaster

Brute Controller Corruptor
Defender Dominator Mastermind Scrapper
Sentinel Stalker Tanker Peacebringer
Warshade Arachnos Soldier Arachnos Widow  

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here's the format I'll be using:
Powers - ex. Spines/Fire/Mu

Forum Link

Mids Build Link

Tags - ex. 45% S/L Defense, 90% S/L/F/C/E/N Resistances, Solo Friendly (any other things you can tell me about the build)

 

f7sexNU.png
(Thanks to Kaizerin on DeviantArt for the icon)

 

See @Warlawk's Farm Fresh Builds! guide for some amazing farming brutes.

 

Forum Builds:

 

 

@The Godchild's Soul Fury, Incarnate Super Strength/Super Reflexes/Energy

 

Soul_Fury_SS_SR_Brute.mxd

Tags - 55+% Melee/Ranged/AoE Defense, 55% S/L Resistances, Incarnates, 95% Defense Debuff Resistance

 

@Migatte's Titan Weapons/Electric/Energy

Brute_TitanWeapons_Electric_Energy.mxd

Tags - 45% Melee Defense, 90% S/L/N/F/C Resistances, Incarnates, Perma-Hasten

 

@3333053222's Radiation/Fiery/Energy

Radiation_FieryAura_Energy_Brute.mxd

Tags - 35+% S/L/Melee Defense (Capped with Barrier), 75% S/L, 90% Fire Resistances (S/L/E/N/F Capped with Barrier), Incarnates, Solo Friendly

 

@NiyceOne's Super Strength/Shield/Mu

NiyceOne_SuperStrength_Shield_Mu_Brute.mxd

Tags - 45+% Melee/Ranged/AoE Defense, 64% S/L, 61% F/C Resistances, Incarnates, Can S/L Farm

 

@Frostweaver's Radiation/Fiery

Frostweaver_Radiation_Fiery_Brute.mxd

Tags - 41% S/L, 44% F/C Defense, 67% S/L, 90% Fire Resistances, Incarnates

 

@Frostweaver's Fiery Melee/Ice

Frostweaver_Fiery_Ice_Brute.mxd

Tags - 45+% S/L, 40% E/N Defense, 90% Cold Resistances, Incarnates

 

@Backfire's Radiation/Radiation

Alexander-Hamidon - Brute (Radiation Melee).mxd

Tags - 35% F/C Defense, 77% S/L Resistances, No Incarnates

 

Discord Builds:

 

Chrismohr#8773's Stone Melee/Willpower/Mu

Brute_-_Stone_Melee_-_Willpower_Version_2.mxd

Tags - 30% Defense to All, 90% S/L Resistances, Incarnates

 

Quaaaid#7536's Spines/Fire/Mu Cheap Fire Farmer

Cheap-Spines-Fire-Brute.mxd

Tags - 45% F/C Defense, 90% Fire Resistance

 

Quaaaid#7536's Spines/Fire/Mu Expensive Fire Farmer

Expensive-Spines-Fire-Brute.mxd

Tags - 43% F/C Defense, 90% Fire Resistance, Incarnates

 

clickclack#3731's Fire/Radiation/Mu FC Farmer

Clickclack_FC_Farm_Fire-Rad-Brute_V2.mxd

Tags - 45% F/C Defense, 90% Fire Resistance, Incarnates, Perma-Hasten

 

GenericMeleeDps#1942's Radiation/Fire/Mu Fire Farmer

Rad_Fire_Brute_-_LJHalfbreed_Reddit.mxd

Tags - 45% F/C Defense, 90% Fire Resistance, Incarnates, Perma-Hasten

 

u/secretsofwumbology's Titan Weapons/Radiation

secretsofwumbology_TW_Radiation_Brute.mxd

Tags - 43% S/L/M Defense, 90% S/L Resistance, Incarnates, Near Perma-Hasten

 

Gamma Gal (Lina#9606)'s Super Strength/Fire/Pyre

Brute_-_Super_Strength_-_Fiery_Aura_3_positional.mxd

Tags - 30% S/L/M Defense, 90% Fire, 83% S/L Resistance, Incarnates, Near Perma-Hasten

 

Colyn#7939's Super Strength/Fire/Mu

Colyn_Brute_SS_Fire_Mu.mxd

Tags - 32% S/L. 45% F/C Defense, 90% Fire, 69% S/L Resistance, Incarnates, Near Perma-Hasten

 

Colyn#7939's Spines/Fire/Mu Fire Farmer

Colyn_Brute_Spines_Fire.mxd

Tags - 30% S/L. 45% F/C Defense, 90% Fire Resistance, Incarnates

Edited by Hopestar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my build

Near to softcap to melee 44,6%

Capped S/L/N/F/C

Perma-Hasten with Alpha Agility

 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.5
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Science Brute
Primary Power Set: Titan Weapons
Secondary Power Set: Electric Armor
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Crushing Blow -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(48), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(50)
Level 1: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), UnbGrd-Max HP%(7)
Level 2: Lightning Field -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(11)
Level 4: Conductive Shield -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(13), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(13), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(15), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 6: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 8: Follow Through -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(43)
Level 10: Build Momentum -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 12: Static Shield -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(34), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 16: Grounded -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(21), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(21), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 18: Rend Armor -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(37), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Hct-Dam%(39), AchHee-ResDeb%(40)
Level 20: Lightning Reflexes -- Run-I(A)
Level 22: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(23), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(25), Rct-Def/Rchg(25), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27), Rct-ResDam%(27)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 26: Whirling Smash -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Arm-Dam%(40)
Level 28: Energize -- Prv-Heal/EndRdx(A), Prv-Heal(29), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(33), Prv-Absorb%(33)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(36)
Level 32: Arc of Destruction -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Obl-%Dam(46), ScrDrv-Dam%(50)
Level 35: Power Sink -- EffAdp-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 38: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 41: Focused Accuracy -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- RgnTss-Regen+(A)
Level 47: Super Speed -- Clr-EndRdx(A), Clr-Stlth(48)
Level 49: Defensive Sweep -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(45), Pnc-Heal/+End(45)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Momentum 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1486;696;1392;HEX;|
|78DA6594DB4E13511486F7D0A9B527DA52A0545AA020B4523BB4EA851A0F5101A34|
|24282D1CBA6295B98A44E9B694D245EF9049EE38DC603A0E285EFE09378AB9CC1B3|
|17D635B37E2A49276DBE997FAFB5D7BFD7DE3393B7477D1F2EDE3D2B14EF8552A15|
|ACD9F376FD5A46BBAA84BA3288575B9E81FB5E5FCA42C49A95DD56B05237F5D162A|
|65A31AE3915179431A55A98D9564B166EAC5FC39F366D90C5D32E6A4298D9AB67BE|
|39F2A974BDAB83E3B57D38D598FFD345D9172C667DF4ED0A4A407761F66A4599DD3|
|2BD1B18A5ED4C60C69CECEE7270BD59A34E7D96917994BD27FB553E0AA3BC57D558|
|89C2A0E3D608E3C021F33730FC127CC052B4D41EE3787ADB57C077F30D59FE02FE6|
|BEDFCC452B15B9CA4B8CBD62EE7F0D2E303D8BE0127389B21C9CAB3A22741357850|
|FF57DA8DF8ABAADA8ABD06E38799DC259A74B6CD0CA5D70E0F261E57EB095391C00|
|836088B94EB96ECCE65E6EB1B537F4E4852BEF11AE1A84AB205CB5C1551B5C39C89|
|59F731C7EC426109B406C02B16F292A80D80062DB11DB8ED84EC46E91BF10763534|
|C4FE0E26C11438CC1C4A33931F896155BCA3AC30D711E18CE0DD239F1DE855C7066|
|A6D32BBB6C06DE6811DF02BB39F72239CAB44D2D67C6E1103B7C967947DAAD1E3EC|
|A3E704B3EF247C9D024F339729BA1B5EBABF708DD86766CF0AB8CAEC5B03D7E199B|
|CC4E1256E2D88B4812B3CB6435E7AD1B3DE67BCCF03CFC117CCCC5FF690119C93BB|
|C3FD794FE8B75F85BAE8BFC73121AA3588F330885A4341B09D7938C4CC84991EDAB|
|4147A9F4A708F7CA4A5A1A5CFF0691FA0B935F6AA682EAE37E266AED03AB2F09245|
|DD98DA78CBE9679DFEE12625DBA4E49A94A34DCAB126655C6D7C15EA134DA3532A0|
|649516CC51D145637EDF8754FE3AB20149CBDCDFF5A8B720D7DBB4C4C1213BC0F1B|
|7BF3529CB7B5577BCABDF91469F8A9FFA13EE5E0F31FE1CBFAC3|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean builds that were actually made, have hit lvl 50 and have actually been played, not farmed to 50, IO'd out, then dumped lol. Other than that, I really don't have any other ability to QC, it's just what people think is good enough to be added. You don't have to have capped defenses or resistances or permahasten, there's no real requirements to being pinned besides being more than just a theorycraft that only exists in Mids. If you think your build deserves to be here, please don't hesitate to PM it to me and I'll add it. And the tags are generally the important things people should know about the build, like, is it Single Target only? Is it a GM/AV specializer? Is it cheap or expensive? Anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am less concerned with getting 'my' builds here than I am with keeping trash builds out. Don't get me wrong, there are some trash builds, and some of them are surprisingly popular.

How about specialty builds? I have a brute that doesn't do incarnate content at level 50, is not very team-friendly, but is a master of ripping her way through ouro content all the way down to level 12. I would hate to have you put up a build like that and have people think it's meant to be a 'good' build for general post-50 content...Just like I have a build that's specifically designed for MSR's and incarnate stuff, but could barely function in an environment where 48 or less is the level cap.

Will there be a section specifically for farming builds or farm/msr/itf/itrial hybrids? Or ones that are specifically designed as part of a 'duo' with another character, where they each reinforce the other's weaknesses? (my spouse has a claws.fire farmer that farms with sick speed, like 1:30 minute $comicon$, but requires the assistance of my Ill/traps troller...they were designed to farm together, reinforce each other's incarnates, and with team bonuses, they make sick inf/hour as a team) If it's a duo like that, do you want the other non-brute build?

Do you want a Blurb on how to play or how it's used most effectively? Or will it just be a list of builds?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my approach to an extremely friendly "Generalist" Rad/FA brute that can exemp down exceedingly well and is pretty tough even at 50 and **WITH BARRIER** caps S/L/F comes out to 75% Energy and Negative, Psi (the lowest resistance I have) even having 32.5% with barrier. Meets the softcap for Melee damage as well. 

 

Early levels are not bad with this because she receives a lot of aid for endurance with consume and decent Stamina slotting and Panacea as well as having Physical Perfection and Superior Conditioning. 

 

I have soloed every GM in game with this build. This build can rip through all content with relative ease although going +4 into debuff heavy groups (Rularuu, Banished, etc.) aren't pretty if you're not cautious. That's pretty standard though.

 

Because of how often Rad Siphon is up, you have basically the equivalent of a 400 HOT (heal over time) ticking 100's each time every few seconds. Makes you really tough.

 

I will not in any way claim that this is a tanker, but she can very well take a beating and deal some real damage to tell about it.

 

I took ET because it is a great way to get a possible +recharge off of FF and it is a basic knockdown not knockback as well as another "gap AOE" that can help recharge burn/atom smashing, I think it's genuinely served me well.

 

**This is not intended to run AE, I have another build to do that but I genuinely enjoy it outside of that purpose.

 

Villain Plan by Hero Villain Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Radiation Melee
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Radioactive Smash -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(48), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(50), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(9)
Level 2: Blazing Aura -- SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(3), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 4: Healing Flames -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(46), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(46), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(46), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 6: Fusion -- GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(A), GssSynFr--Build%(11), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(31)
Level 8: Radiation Siphon -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(42), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(45), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(11)
Level 10: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 12: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(13), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Rchg+(37)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(15), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(15), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19), ImpArm-ResPsi(27)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(29)
Level 18: Irradiated Ground -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(33)
Level 20: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(21), ShlWal-Def(21), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(23), Rct-ResDam%(23), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(48)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(A), ShlWal-Def(25), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(27), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Rchg+(39)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 26: Devastating Blow -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg(34), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Hct-Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 28: Burn -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dmg(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Acc/Rchg(40)
Level 30: Consume -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(31), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33)
Level 32: Atom Smasher -- SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(A), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(34), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 35: Superior Conditioning -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 38: Super Speed -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 44: Energy Torrent -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Dtn-Dmg/Rchg(45), Dtn-Acc/Dmg(45)
Level 47: Taunt -- MckBrt-Taunt(A)
Level 49: Temperature Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury 
Level 1: Sprint -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(29), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Total Core Conversion 
Level 50: Longbow Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
------------

Edited by 3333053222
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frostweaver said:

I am less concerned with getting 'my' builds here than I am with keeping trash builds out. Don't get me wrong, there are some trash builds, and some of them are surprisingly popular.

How about specialty builds? I have a brute that doesn't do incarnate content at level 50, is not very team-friendly, but is a master of ripping her way through ouro content all the way down to level 12. I would hate to have you put up a build like that and have people think it's meant to be a 'good' build for general post-50 content...Just like I have a build that's specifically designed for MSR's and incarnate stuff, but could barely function in an environment where 48 or less is the level cap.

Will there be a section specifically for farming builds or farm/msr/itf/itrial hybrids? Or ones that are specifically designed as part of a 'duo' with another character, where they each reinforce the other's weaknesses? (my spouse has a claws.fire farmer that farms with sick speed, like 1:30 minute $comicon$, but requires the assistance of my Ill/traps troller...they were designed to farm together, reinforce each other's incarnates, and with team bonuses, they make sick inf/hour as a team) If it's a duo like that, do you want the other non-brute build?

Do you want a Blurb on how to play or how it's used most effectively? Or will it just be a list of builds?


Honestly I would like to stay away from gatekeeping and trying to consider what is a 'trash build' and what isn't. I know there are some popular, not optimal builds out there, but I want this to be a list where if you think you have a better build, you can post it and people can compare the two if they want to be better (and I think the "tags" part should reference that, but if it doesn't, let me know). I don't think a character that's designed to be paired with another should be posted without an explanation, but if you make a post anywhere on the forum with both builds together, I can pin that build and link to that post and tag that build as Partner Dependant, As it would turn out, there's a lot of requests on the discord for builds that work well together with spouses/friends so it would only be helpful to post such a thing.

As of right now, there is no plan to make a specifically farming section, just to tag things as "farmer". If there gets to be enough farming builds outside of the farming topic by Warlawk (and they probably belong there more than anything), then I may have to make a farming section yes.

Any amount of information on how to play it most effectively would be excellent, whether it's one line or a @Redlynne wall of text, it'll help the person that's using the build be better with it.

 

EDIT: Thanks @3333053222 I'll add that build now, it sounds like an amazing build and I love to see a /fire that can handle non-farming content!

Edited by Hopestar
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hopestar said:

Any amount of information on how to play it most effectively would be excellent, whether it's one line or a @Redlynne wall of text, it'll help the person that's using the build be better with it.

I post walls of text on my builds mainly because there are so many synergies that aren't ... obvious ... just by looking at a build (especially in a short form export).  And let's be honest here, I write all that stuff up to get it out of my head so that it's memorialized on the forums where other people can read it and vet it and make use of it and take it and run with it.  By posting all of those tips and tricks on how the entirety of builds can be fit together it will INSPIRE other people with notions of "well that's clever..." and then incorporate those ideas into their own builds that they're inspired to build for themselves.

 

Or to put it another way ... a Forum Export (whether long or short) ... does not explain itself simply by virtue of existing.  So in order to make the content of my builds "accessible" to others, I go to the extra effort of explaining what's going on.  The side benefit of doing that is that I memorialize for myself (as well as others) what bits of nifty I'm getting up to in the builds that I post, because there's so much stuff going on in them that if I don't memorialize them I'm going to forget some of it over time, simply because there's SO MANY moving parts in them ... and those synergies are things that are easy to miss the significance of if they aren't laid out clearly.  But then, once it's pointed out, that kind of stuff becomes "obvious" for everyone to make use of, not just me ... and THAT inspiration is my real reward for writing up those walls of text like I tend to do.

 

So the real thing to know about my builds is that I don't assume that EVERYONE who skims over them will "know" everything that's going on in them unless I explain them ... mainly because if I don't write those explanations then even *I* would, over time, forget about those points of nifty that I get up to in my builds.  So I time capsule them on the forums and provide documentation explaining what I got up to (and why).

 

 

 

Needless to say, most people don't go to that kind of effort to "share the wealth" of their experience.

 

spacer.png  spacer.png

  • Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Hopestar said:


Honestly I would like to stay away from gatekeeping and trying to consider what is a 'trash build' and what isn't. I know there are some popular, not optimal builds out there, but I want this to be a list where if you think you have a better build, you can post it and people can compare the two if they want to be better (and I think the "tags" part should reference that, but if it doesn't, let me know). I don't think a character that's designed to be paired with another should be posted without an explanation, but if you make a post anywhere on the forum with both builds together, I can pin that build and link to that post and tag that build as Partner Dependant, As it would turn out, there's a lot of requests on the discord for builds that work well together with spouses/friends so it would only be helpful to post such a thing.

As of right now, there is no plan to make a specifically farming section, just to tag things as "farmer". If there gets to be enough farming builds outside of the farming topic by Warlawk (and they probably belong there more than anything), then I may have to make a farming section yes.

Any amount of information on how to play it most effectively would be excellent, whether it's one line or a @Redlynne wall of text, it'll help the person that's using the build be better with it.

 

EDIT: Thanks @3333053222 I'll add that build now, it sounds like an amazing build and I love to see a /fire that can handle non-farming content!

They absolutely can when built for general things, it takes a crafty mindset, but the resistances fire provides and the tools available with incarnates are 100% available, I've seen a few rad/fire generalists other than just myself, I actually have *LOVED* this build so much it became my "main" badging character. Burn and AS are beautiful, the double aura and proc patch are just out of this world. I think if people really gave it a try, they'd really see how actually good it is and that incarnates really patch so many PvE holes for Brutes (like lower ST damage by itself) and becomes really synergistic. I also absolutely think Rad has much better ST/sustain/debuff options than Spines does in general PvE. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

I post walls of text on my builds mainly because there are so many synergies that aren't ... obvious ... just by looking at a build (especially in a short form export).  And let's be honest here, I write all that stuff up to get it out of my head so that it's memorialized on the forums where other people can read it and vet it and make use of it and take it and run with it.  By posting all of those tips and tricks on how the entirety of builds can be fit together it will INSPIRE other people with notions of "well that's clever..." and then incorporate those ideas into their own builds that they're inspired to build for themselves.

 

Or to put it another way ... a Forum Export (whether long or short) ... does not explain itself simply by virtue of existing.  So in order to make the content of my builds "accessible" to others, I go to the extra effort of explaining what's going on.  The side benefit of doing that is that I memorialize for myself (as well as others) what bits of nifty I'm getting up to in the builds that I post, because there's so much stuff going on in them that if I don't memorialize them I'm going to forget some of it over time, simply because there's SO MANY moving parts in them ... and those synergies are things that are easy to miss the significance of if they aren't laid out clearly.  But then, once it's pointed out, that kind of stuff becomes "obvious" for everyone to make use of, not just me ... and THAT inspiration is my real reward for writing up those walls of text like I tend to do.

 

So the real thing to know about my builds is that I don't assume that EVERYONE who skims over them will "know" everything that's going on in them unless I explain them ... mainly because if I don't write those explanations then even *I* would, over time, forget about those points of nifty that I get up to in my builds.  So I time capsule them on the forums and provide documentation explaining what I got up to (and why).

 

 

 

Needless to say, most people don't go to that kind of effort to "share the wealth" of their experience.


Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy to read your walls of text, the more information the better. I just don't want people to shy away from posting if they're only comfortable with posting a single line instead. I've been debating on posting an "All About Warshade" guide myself, but it's even longer (9 pages) and I don't think the MFing Warshade has changed enough since for it to be necessary for people to read that much.

3 minutes ago, 3333053222 said:

They absolutely can when built for general things, it takes a crafty mindset, but the resistances fire provides and the tools available with incarnates are 100% available, I've seen a few rad/fire generalists other than just myself, I actually have *LOVED* this build so much it became my "main" badging character. Burn and AS are beautiful, the double aura and proc patch are just out of this world. I think if people really gave it a try, they'd really see how actually good it is and that incarnates really patch so many PvE holes for Brutes (like lower ST damage by itself) and becomes really synergistic. I also absolutely think Rad has much better ST/sustain/debuff options than Spines does in general PvE. 

 

I know they can, but I've never seen anyone post an actual build for one, so thank you for that. I dislike Spines myself and absolutely love Rad's kit, feels like a smoother SS in my opinion with a fun minigame of proc'ing radiation. If I build another /Fire brute for general content, I'll certainly be using your build as a base.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hopestar said:

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy to read your walls of text, the more information the better. I just don't want people to shy away from posting if they're only comfortable with posting a single line instead.

Granted.

I was just explaining why I do what I do so as to make my motivation for doing what I do clear(er) and obvious, so people can evaluate for themselves if that level of effort is "worth it" to them to engage in.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Powers - SS/SD/Mu

56% Melee / 48% Ranged / 47% AOE Defense

 

64% S/L

61% F/C

34% Ene/Neg

47% Toxic

41% Psi

 

General Content Build. Can Farm S/L Comic Con in 6ish minutes. This is my current build, I still have a few more changes towards optimization I would like to make. If you have any questions let me know.

 

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Technology Brute
Primary Power Set: Super Strength
Secondary Power Set: Shield Defense
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Punch -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(7), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Mk'Bit-Dam%(19)
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Rchg+(15), UnbGrd-ResDam(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(19), Ags-Psi/Status(50)
Level 2: Haymaker -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(43)
Level 4: Battle Agility -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(21), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(21), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23), LucoftheG-Def(23), LucoftheG-Rchg+(25)
Level 6: True Grit -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(27), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(29), UnbGrd-Max HP%(29)
Level 8: Knockout Blow -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(13)
Level 10: Active Defense -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(31), GldArm-End/Res(31), GldArm-3defTpProc(31), GldArm-RechEnd(34), GldArm-RechRes(37)
Level 16: Against All Odds -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Rage -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 20: Phalanx Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Rchg+(39), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39), Rct-ResDam%(40)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Rchg+(40)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Rchg+(39)
Level 26: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 28: Grant Cover -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def(37)
Level 32: Foot Stomp -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(33), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 35: Shield Charge -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(40)
Level 38: Electrifying Fences -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46), Ann-ResDeb%(48)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(43), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Rgn-Knock%(50)
Level 44: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%(A), PrfZng-Acc/Rchg(45)
Level 47: Super Jump -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 49: One with the Shield -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), RgnTss-Regen+(43), Mrc-Rcvry+(48), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(48)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(42), EndMod-I(50)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Assault Total Radial Graft 
Level 50: Warworks Partial Core Improved Ally 
Level 50: Ageless Partial Radial Invocation 
Level 50: Void Total Radial Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Total Radial Conversion 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1522;689;1378;HEX;|
|78DA6594494F535114C7DFEB7B58292D6D29A58C42CB5028D08141E348A28089424|
|282715B1BB8B4D5A6AD6D4964E9C22F6062DC38E01477AE9C3E83B37E09570E89B3|
|9B7A78FF3F94D89BF7F27BF77FEEB9E7DCD373BB7869D6F9E8E4E5194D6F3A914B9|
|5CBC9E3A5F58A729C512B997C2157486F685BC32E6FA765492EAA9C52D1E5F5A22A|
|25972B25954F5732DD30CDAA35952F8B319355B9D5EDA9E65A2A1472D1F96C3A53C|
|9E6D34E6BB6A052459938ACC97251A955F7B6BEAA4AE54CB6E89F2B6657A28CB99E|
|5C4C952BAAB4D12E898CC91BD2358E6A83B6264898DA9E3499019D59B0F93CD8720|
|17CE114EAF46DD5B1C60F7ABE1BE00FB025207A8FA925A661EF17E8F4D537B1C676|
|87BC0B9AF7C8FB60E401F852E21AF4353CD8AFD54BB6806D3E9279B533AF57E2DB4|
|0DF06E6D8CE1C3B7F92BFC0EEDFE41F7050FCECF4B53B4D4BDBEB229B41879BF480|
|4E2FF85AE236A2CE5A6310F5B3493734516BBA62B33443341763B86288BB2F4E26C|
|8093038090E4C816F2486DB2A6A5573334658A65E0D9A7714DA5B59E7430CC3C7FA|
|0CB13E43A7B157F81BD826F9F891A3EEE7DA30D79A620B601F3DF0DF3E21B175C0A|
|67530EE3B89DB45AD8BF979655D0FF7E871C077A0191C11F4B2377B8FA23E7D07C9|
|43E461307884641DDF4BAC107D4337F01BF4DF246F91B7C1814D303C83339F130CD|
|277F0316C634FC8A7E0F833F23918FB08DF946098BEC313C86564929C0223D3E0F8|
|7E3071001C92F38EB2D6A365686317C180D429CA5E891AD03EC819E3D4E25BC50A4|
|BAF9A3BF7591E195AA44E89D729893A65B24E99AA53E6CD9DFB5F5DA87DD3BA6452|
|1045B794468FDC5B28D54F8E9DFBAFE9E3E8852F35CDD083BCF3C7F0BF113B85F3C|
|5CEA2373EEFF6B776FF5A536CFA5556FC3A2BDC87087FDB04CCF8A1B44782D92CB4|
|D6F46BBE9A1ED9A55B632E5033FE039ACAEEF9|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Solid Farmer, Solid content, can run inc content.


Okay, big time non-theory crafted build:

This is how my brute farmer, Holly Caustic, a Rad/Fire started out. I still have this on an alt build, it is primarily a farmer and I got to vet level 99 with her before I added an alternate build slightly better at farming speeds. This build, however, has earned almost Two billion influence singlehandedly as well as PL'ed dozens of toons at +4/8. and it has also been used for MSR's, ITF's, Itrials, and almost ever4y single piece of ouro content in the game.

It is clearly not the toughest brute in the game, but she's very tough regardless, especially for /FA
 

 

 


Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.5
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Brute
Primary Power Set: Radiation Melee
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Radioactive Smash -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx:50(36), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(37), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(37), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg:50(37), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc:50(46)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- Ags-ResDam:50(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx:50(3), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(3)
Level 2: Blazing Aura -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg:50(19), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(21), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(21), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(23), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury:50(43)
Level 4: Healing Flames -- Prv-Heal:50(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx:50(5), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg:50(5), Prv-Heal/Rchg:50(7), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx:50(7), Prv-Absorb%:50(19)
Level 6: Fusion -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 8: Radiation Siphon -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg:50(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech:50(9), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End:50(9), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech:50(11), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech:50(13), OvrFrc-Dam/KB:50(15)
Level 10: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), ShlWal-Def:50(13), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(15), Ksm-ToHit+:30(46)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(36)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- Ags-ResDam:50(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx:50(17), Ags-Psi/Status:50(17)
Level 18: Irradiated Ground -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx:50(23), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(33), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc:50(43)
Level 20: Consume -- MckBrt-Taunt:50(A), MckBrt-Rchg:50(40), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng:50(40), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg:50(48), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng:50(48), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg:50(48)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- Ags-ResDam:50(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx:50(25), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(25)
Level 26: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), ShlWal-Def:50(27), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx:50(27), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31)
Level 28: Burn -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg:50(29), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(29), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End:50(40)
Level 30: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB:50(A)
Level 32: Temperature Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc:50(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(11)
Level 35: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(50)
Level 38: Devastating Blow -- KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:35(A), KntCmb-Acc/Dmg:35(39), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx:35(39), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg:35(39)
Level 41: Atom Smasher -- Arm-Dam%:50(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx:50(42), Arm-Acc/Rchg:50(42), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(42), Arm-Dmg/Rchg:50(43), Arm-Dmg:50(50)
Level 44: Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 47: Taunt -- MckBrt-Taunt/Rng:50(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng:50(45), MckBrt-Rchg:50(45), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg:50(45), MckBrt-Taunt:50(46), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg:50(50)
Level 49: Rise of the Phoenix -- RgnTss-Regen+:30(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth:50(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(A), Mrc-Rcvry+:40(34), Pnc-Heal/+End:50(36)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%:50(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc:50(34), PrfShf-EndMod:50(34)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement
Level 50: Diamagnetic Radial Flawless Interface
Level 50: Polar Lights Radial Superior Ally
Level 50: Barrier Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment
------------

 

 

 


 

 

Edited by Frostweaver
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very Tough Fire/Ice Brute Near Tanker level HP, Perma-Hoarfrost(Dull Pain), ignores slows.

 

 

 

 

This next build is the Brute I am currently running through Dark Astoria. She is exceedingly tough, and is actually my namesake toon, although admittedly I have to turn her difficulty down to about +2/8 or spend half my time on her clickies. She is a Fire/Ice named Frostweaver, and was my first Ice armor Brute. Definitely not theorycrafted, she's also been through Itrials, ITF's, and MSR's, as well as a little s/l farming for vet levels. She's run the initial DA Arc a LOT of times in Ouro, although I am really not terrifically comfortable with her in most ouro content (No stealthing).
 

 

 


Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.5
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Brute
Primary Power Set: Fiery Melee
Secondary Power Set: Ice Armor
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Medicine
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fire Sword -- SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury:50(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(25), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(29), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(29), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg:50(31), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg:50(37)
Level 1: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(9), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(9)
Level 2: Hoarfrost -- Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A), Pnc-Heal:50(3), Pnc-Heal/Rchg:50(3), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg:50(5), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg:50(7), ImpArm-ResPsi:40(7)
Level 4: Chilling Embrace -- Taunt-I:50(A)
Level 6: Build Up -- AdjTrg-Rchg:50(A), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg:50(11), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg:50(13), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg:50(13), AdjTrg-ToHit:50(15)
Level 8: Incinerate -- Mk'Bit-Dam%:50(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg:50(11), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx:50(17), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(43), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg:50(43), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg:50(45)
Level 10: Wet Ice -- EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 12: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 14: Tough -- Ags-Psi/Status:50(A), Ags-ResDam:50(15), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx:50(17), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(19), Ags-ResDam/Rchg:40(46)
Level 16: Glacial Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(23), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(23)
Level 18: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(19), LucoftheG-Def:50(21), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(21)
Level 20: Energy Absorption -- PrfShf-End%:50(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(25), PrfShf-EndMod:50(40), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc/Rchg:50(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(42), LucoftheG-Def:50(42)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(A), Rct-Def:50(45), Rct-ResDam%:50(50)
Level 24: Injection -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 26: Fire Sword Circle -- Arm-Dam%:50(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx:50(27), Arm-Acc/Rchg:50(27), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(33), Arm-Dmg/Rchg:50(34)
Level 28: Taunt -- MckBrt-Rchg:50(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng:50(33), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg:50(33), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng:50(34), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg:50(34), MckBrt-Taunt:50(37)
Level 30: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-Travel:50(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx:50(31), BlsoftheZ-ResKB:50(31)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 35: Greater Fire Sword -- Hct-Dam%:50(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx:50(36), Hct-Acc/Rchg:50(36), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(36), Hct-Dmg/Rchg:50(37)
Level 38: Icicles -- SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End:50(A), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(39), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(39), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(39), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg:50(40), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg:50(40)
Level 41: Aid Self -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(A), NmnCnv-Heal:50(43), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg:50(45)
Level 44: Spring Attack -- ScrDrv-Dam%:50(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(46), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg:50(48), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg:50(48), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg:50(48), FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(50)
Level 47: Field Medic -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 49: Permafrost -- GldArm-3defTpProc:50(A), ImpArm-ResPsi:40(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+:40(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I:50(A), PrfShf-End%:50(5), PrfShf-EndMod:50(46)
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Ion Radial Final Judgement
Level 50: Incandescence Core Epiphany
Level 50: Spiritual Core Paragon
Level 50: Support Radial Embodiment
------------

 

 

 

Edited by Frostweaver
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later
On 10/4/2019 at 8:53 AM, Radiaria said:

Here is my approach to an extremely friendly "Generalist" Rad/FA brute that can exemp down exceedingly well and is pretty tough even at 50 and **WITH BARRIER** caps S/L/F comes out to 75% Energy and Negative, Psi (the lowest resistance I have) even having 32.5% with barrier. Meets the softcap for Melee damage as well. 

 

Early levels are not bad with this because she receives a lot of aid for endurance with consume and decent Stamina slotting and Panacea as well as having Physical Perfection and Superior Conditioning. 

 

I have soloed every GM in game with this build. This build can rip through all content with relative ease although going +4 into debuff heavy groups (Rularuu, Banished, etc.) aren't pretty if you're not cautious. That's pretty standard though.

 

Because of how often Rad Siphon is up, you have basically the equivalent of a 400 HOT (heal over time) ticking 100's each time every few seconds. Makes you really tough.

 

I will not in any way claim that this is a tanker, but she can very well take a beating and deal some real damage to tell about it.

 

I took ET because it is a great way to get a possible +recharge off of FF and it is a basic knockdown not knockback as well as another "gap AOE" that can help recharge burn/atom smashing, I think it's genuinely served me well.

 

**This is not intended to run AE, I have another build to do that but I genuinely enjoy it outside of that purpose.

 

Villain Plan by Hero Villain Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Radiation Melee
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Radioactive Smash -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(48), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(50), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(9)
Level 2: Blazing Aura -- SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(3), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 4: Healing Flames -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(46), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(46), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(46), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 6: Fusion -- GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(A), GssSynFr--Build%(11), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(31)
Level 8: Radiation Siphon -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(42), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(45), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(11)
Level 10: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 12: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(13), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Rchg+(37)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(15), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(15), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19), ImpArm-ResPsi(27)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(29)
Level 18: Irradiated Ground -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(33)
Level 20: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(21), ShlWal-Def(21), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(23), Rct-ResDam%(23), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(48)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(A), ShlWal-Def(25), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(27), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Rchg+(39)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 26: Devastating Blow -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg(34), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Hct-Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 28: Burn -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dmg(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Acc/Rchg(40)
Level 30: Consume -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(31), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33)
Level 32: Atom Smasher -- SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(A), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(34), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 35: Superior Conditioning -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 38: Super Speed -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 44: Energy Torrent -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Dtn-Dmg/Rchg(45), Dtn-Acc/Dmg(45)
Level 47: Taunt -- MckBrt-Taunt(A)
Level 49: Temperature Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury 
Level 1: Sprint -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(29), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Total Core Conversion 
Level 50: Longbow Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
------------

Radiaria, how do you maintain energy while leveling with this build?  At 20 if I turn everything on my energy drops out pretty quick just standing their not activating attacks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later
On 10/3/2019 at 10:33 AM, Migatte said:

Near to softcap

39.88 S/L.  +5 those Def enhancements and you get 40.14 (melee goes to 45.5%).  P2W vendor has a +5 Def to all buff, 2.5 million at 50 (scaling price per level) an hour stacks to 8 hours.  Hit soft cap at 45.14, solid looking build with those capped resists and avoiding about 3/4 of all attacks if they are split damage types as to hit checks is highest damage type.

 

Bah, didn't see it was a post last year.  Sorry!

Edited by Outrider_01

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the Dark/Dark Brute I was running at the beginning of the year.  Parked now, but not shattered, still ready to pull out of the garage and GO!

 

the thing that strikes me about playing him is the difference between other Brute play and Dark Dark.  I run all toggles, all the time.  This has the effect of making me basically invisible to mobs just out of melee range.  (Cloak of Darkness) But then, once I wander over to them I catch a ton of agro (Death Shroud) But then I start slappiong them with AoEs.  Dark at high recharge pretty much has an AoE chain, only improved by Shadow Maul's new arc.

 

Too much agro and not enough Defense?  Wait, theres more!  Cloak of Fear and Oppressive Gloom step in to debuff, disorient, and generally make the crowd around me manageable.  And keep in mind with the high recharge build Dark Regeneration is on a hair trigger.

 

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/download.php?uc=1558&c=712&a=1424&f=HEX&dc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

Link to post
Share on other sites

PSI Resistant AOE  Brute targeted at harder content villains not just numbers

Electric/Electric/Mu Brute

What makes my build different from some of the others is that I sacrifice some misc resistance to really ramp up my Psi resist, making it easy to go after Carnies psi-Arachnos and Rikti as well as Pretorian psi and ele damage dealers.  With lots of S/L/E/Psi toughness it makes it easy  some of the harder villains.  Big Toxic hole, but I only come across those in Tinpex (I think the Tin Mage Part)  and I can't remember the last time I died in one of those.

THe end building power of /ele allows me to skip Ageless and take Barrier which is the best Oh sh*t power in the game.  Couple this with the self heal and it is rock solid AOE fun 😄

 

Def Mele 45.7%

Def S/L over 43%

Res S/L 78%

Res Energy 90%

Res NegE 55%

Res C/F 70%

Toxic 35%

Res Psi  87%

 

I can never how to properly export my build so it all looks nice on the screen, but the link below should work/

 

 

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/download.php?uc=1455&c=670&a=1340&f=HEX&dc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

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OrionX said:

PSI Resistant AOE  Brute targeted at harder content villains not just numbers

Electric/Electric/Mu Brute

What makes my build different from some of the others is that I sacrifice some misc resistance to really ramp up my Psi resist, making it easy to go after Carnies psi-Arachnos and Rikti as well as Pretorian psi and ele damage dealers.  With lots of S/L/E/Psi toughness it makes it easy  some of the harder villains.  Big Toxic hole, but I only come across those in Tinpex (I think the Tin Mage Part)  and I can't remember the last time I died in one of those.

THe end building power of /ele allows me to skip Ageless and take Barrier which is the best Oh sh*t power in the game.  Couple this with the self heal and it is rock solid AOE fun 😄

 

 

I ran an Ele / Ele Scrapper on live for a couple months.  It had all my best enhancers (I could only kit out 2- 2 1/2 at a time) and he rocked.

 

I never love location targeting though, and I gravitate to Brutes....so...he went away

 

One of the things I liked about the TP attack was that I could just TP right to where I was.  Made that part easy anyways

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...