Is Ice Armor any good for scrappers?

DirtyBoxerz

On 10/13/2019 at 10:09 PM, Frostweaver said:

to be honest, There are some changes to sets like icy bastion for ice and instant regeneration on regeneration that desperately NEED to be propagated.

The only problem is there are always numbnuts that whine about 'ruining the challenge!' whenever a significant change for the better is presented that eliminates some badly balanced, poorly thought out, or utterly outdated mechanic that should have been ditched when IO's went live.

I can guarantee that if they removed Granite's weakness to gutters SOMEONE would whine and bitch about it endlessly.

Was anyone here around when innate fitness went live? I bet that the crying from people who favor sets with better than average regen and end management was EPIC. "You ruined what made willpower special!"

They really should just do what they did for Sentinel Super Reflexes any time they're making a change to something really old and bad that people irrationally cling to.

Give Ice Armor both options, but you can only pick one... Oh, and rework hibernate and remove the phase debuff.

meh, I consider hibernate on tanks and brutes to just be an utterly skippable T9, of which there are several. If I find myself at the end of my build with an 'extra' power pick I will throw it in there as a regenerative tissue mule... that 25% regen is way more valuable than hibernate has ever been, and I can pull a slot out of health for something else.

19 hours ago, XaoGarrent said:

They really should just do what they did for Sentinel Super Reflexes any time they're making a change to something really old and bad that people irrationally cling to.

Give Ice Armor both options, but you can only pick one... Oh, and rework hibernate and remove the phase debuff.

I read somewhere in the beta board that they were actually going to undo that and just hadn't ever gotten around to it yet... which makes sense as having multiple options is probably more of a pain in code maintenance.

1 hour ago, Microcosm said:

I read somewhere in the beta board that they were actually going to undo that and just hadn't ever gotten around to it yet... which makes sense as having multiple options is probably more of a pain in code maintenance.

My interest in this returning game is rapidly dwindling for so, so many reasons and this just added another one to the list.

On 10/15/2019 at 8:49 AM, Frostweaver said:

meh, I consider hibernate on tanks and brutes to just be an utterly skippable T9, of which there are several. If I find myself at the end of my build with an 'extra' power pick I will throw it in there as a regenerative tissue mule... that 25% regen is way more valuable than hibernate has ever been, and I can pull a slot out of health for something else.

It can really piss people off in pvp though. I remember hiding out in my block of ice being accused of 'cheating'. Those were the days. 🤣

1 hour ago, MrAxe said:

It can really piss people off in pvp though. I remember hiding out in my block of ice being accused of 'cheating'. Those were the days. 🤣

I do too. and then coming out of it and smashing the stalker. I think that tactic was the reason they were given a massive aoe defense boost. And to be honest, that nerf to anyone trying to protect themselves from stalkers with an aura pissed me off to quit the game for 6 months.

It was a staggering kick in the pants from the dev team.

On 10/13/2019 at 10:09 PM, Frostweaver said:

The only problem is there are always numbnuts that whine about 'ruining the challenge!' whenever a significant change for the better is presented that eliminates some badly balanced, poorly thought out, or utterly outdated mechanic that should have been ditched when IO's went live.

Yes and the company used to throw these "hardcore" players a bone to shut them up when they added QoL changes. There are a bunch of these anti-QoL options in the settings menu, like having to draw weapons every time among others.