Suggestion: "Pulp" Assault

That Ninja

This was an idea I thought of while looking over Sentinel powers during creation. How about an assault powerset that goes for the "two-fisted tales" feeling by mixing either martial arts or street justice with dual pistols or perhaps use the old "single handgun firing" animation for the pistol attacks if it lines up better with the melee animations?

• Like 3

Write it up and I'll put it in my Assault Compilation thread.

Edited by Zepp
  • Thanks 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Adding some alternative animations for martial assault moves would definitely not hurt. Right now martial arts, the melee attack set, already has several more brawler-style alternative animations. Most people ignore them because at that point you can take street justice or the fighting pool, but they are definitely there.

I am all for extending alternative animations to powersets that could really benefit from them so that they could service new concepts.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2019 at 4:56 AM, Megajoule said:

Dual Pistols/Martial Combat blaster.

Really, folks.  We don't need new powersets for every single concept.

So no new assault sets? Because most could just be two blaster sets. Not that doms can take two blaster sets heh.

No actually this is brilliant and I love it, +1. Yes, we can have a pistol-slinging boxer already, but Chance and Ninja are absolutely right in that Dual Pistols and its 'gun fu' animations are 100% inappropriate for this:

It would be much more on-brand to use the pistol animations from the Thugs mastermind set. That wouldn't be viable for an entire blast set as they'd get pretty samey - how many non-fancy-flourish pistol attacks can there be? - but in an assault set, where at least half of the powers don't use them, it might fly.

On top of that, this would be opening up that concept to be paired with a Control set as primary which is mechanically not something that can presently be done.

Edited by Flashtoo
  • Like 3

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

On 10/12/2019 at 10:35 PM, Varkarrus said:

TBH this is why I kinda think assault powersets should be split in two, let people choose ranged powers from one assault powersets and melee powers from another.

I like this idea a lot, but I imagine there may be balance concerns that get in the way.

On 10/13/2019 at 10:04 AM, Murcielago said:

You can only get Pulp Assault if it comes with a BAMF wallet. 

I understood that reference

Edited by Chance Jackson
  • Like 1