Animation time on fast snipe?

DarknessEternal

I think it's 1.33 seconds 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

2 hours ago, Tigress said:

Its most definitely longer on my Assault Rifle Blaster than on my Fire Blaster. Feels almost like normal snipe to me, but not quite.

I would concur, seems like AR got the slowest snipe by far. Fire's fast snipe is listed as 1.67 sec, but seems to me like the damage compartment is almost instant with rooting. With AR, the damage comes after the rooting aiming animation. Dark is supposedly one of the faster listed at 1.33 sec, but with a slow "projectile" so damage comes slower than with Fire. Mid's operate with wildly inaccurate numbers on it and can't be trusted. 

• 3 weeks later
On 10/31/2019 at 7:06 AM, Tigress said:

Its most definitely longer on my Assault Rifle Blaster than on my Fire Blaster. Feels almost like normal snipe to me, but not quite.

While we're comparing to Fire Blast snipe, Electric Blast has a long delay after firing that I don't see on Fire.  Perhaps it's just me bu it looks like it comes out about as fast, but then my character just stand there for much longer unable to do anything, which does not happen on my Fire.

Can anyone else verify / deny?  Wondering if this is just the way it feels due to animation or if there's more to it.

Edited by Jeneki

23 hours ago, Omega-202 said:

See snipe change patch notes above.

Blasters deal 62.56 damage to even level enemies at scale 1 (for attacks marked as ranged, 55.61 if the attack is marked melee).

Blaster/Defender/Corruptor Snipes

• 12 second recharge and 14.352 end cost.
  • Base 2.28 scale damage in their "quick" form, down from 2.76 scale.
  • Every point of ToHit buffing the player has will increase or decrease this damage, up to a cap of 2.76 scale damage with +22% ToHit buff.
  • Slow form will do 4.5 scale damage.

On 10/31/2019 at 8:06 AM, Tigress said:

AR (and I do believe Archery) don't use the fast/slow animations....its slow all the time, but it gets a higher damage scale (the original 2.76 probably) in return. AR's snipe is probably the highest damage snipe in the game presently, be it out-of or in-combat version...even more if you're running Targeting drone and have perma+22%+ Tohit/bonus damage. Not uncommon for me to be landing 700-900+ damage in-combat snipe shots, or 1500+ out-of combat super shots.

tl;dr version: Weapon-using sets run by different rules when it comes to snipes, shame that beam and DP don't have snipes to really compare with. 

Edited by The Godchild

• 2 weeks later
On 11/19/2019 at 12:24 PM, StratoNexus said:

Blasters deal 62.56 damage to even level enemies at scale 1 (for attacks marked as ranged, 55.61 if the attack is marked melee).

Blaster/Defender/Corruptor Snipes

• 12 second recharge and 14.352 end cost.
  • Base 2.28 scale damage in their "quick" form, down from 2.76 scale.
  • Every point of ToHit buffing the player has will increase or decrease this damage, up to a cap of 2.76 scale damage with +22% ToHit buff.
  • Slow form will do 4.5 scale damage.

My Time/Fire defender caps the damage of his snipe with Farsight because of this and it is awesome!

I love the new fast/slow snipe options so much.  And the decision to make out-of-combat do much more damage is just all kinds of awesome.  I can nail troublesome enemies with a single snipe before combat, or get a head start on a boss's life bar.  And once combat is joined it's a heavy hitter in the regular rotation.

A quirk I hadn't thought about is that the big out-of-combat snipe damage is based on the SNIPER's combat status, not the target's --  so I can let a melee character rush in and engage but I still benefit from the out-of combat snipe damage.

29 minutes ago, Sailboat said:

I love the new fast/slow snipe options so much.  And the decision to make out-of-combat do much more damage is just all kinds of awesome.  I can nail troublesome enemies with a single snipe before combat, or get a head start on a boss's life bar.  And once combat is joined it's a heavy hitter in the regular rotation.

A quirk I hadn't thought about is that the big out-of-combat snipe damage is based on the SNIPER's combat status, not the target's --  so I can let a melee character rush in and engage but I still benefit from the out-of combat snipe damage.

Not griping BUT! the 8s wait for my combat status to cool down seems interminable, especially if there's a dude I can pop who is barely in my perception radius and I just... want... to... explode them.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

38 minutes ago, roleki said:

Not griping BUT! the 8s wait for my combat status to cool down seems interminable, especially if there's a dude I can pop who is barely in my perception radius and I just... want... to... explode them.

Sometimes you can use the time to combine a few inspirations to make some reds.  Even moar splodey!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sailboat said:

Sometimes you can use the time to combine a few inspirations to make some reds.  Even moar splodey!

I've got that macro'd out! 

My gripe was facetious; while my en/en is pretty much built for perpetual combat, the out-of-combat snipe is worth slowing down for. 

Well, once in a while.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!