Sorry not sorry

Gravitus

2 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

Wow.  Glad I don't run into people like this during my playtime.  Honestly, this game is so easy I just don't see the need to dictate to others how they should "play nice with others".  My experience is people do this without any need for special instruction or coaxing from me.  Unless someone is truly being a dick and intentionally trying to grief people, then I would act.  Otherwise, play how you like and have fun.

This, the very reason I simply avoid teaming in games.

I do not understand the Startators, never have, don't care to try, I think they are just mean.

IMO, Startators are the problem, not players using powers.

Anyone who is ready with a list of reasons to kick players is not a teammate I want to have on teams.

The whole reality that the team 'belongs' to the Startator is really just silly.

Some people just love rules and regulations, following them brings them joy, even if they are all just made up crap.

I choose to avoid those people in games and in RL.

• Like 1

bots group flying does look cool, but for those who are curious, it does NOT stop them from moving into brawl range.  and its kind of a pain in the ass when traveling.  they drop out of group fly fairly often unless you take it nice and slow

2 hours ago, Solarverse said:

So wait, that is on your teams. Teams that you went through the trouble to create. Then you have every right to allow whatever you wish.

However, on my teams, teams that I take the time out to create, it is up to me. If MY team has a Tank, and he is skilled at getting mobs stacked on him so that AoE's can be used to maximize their potential, and then we pick up a player who consistently knocks mobs in every which direction, causing the NPCs to be scattered in every which direction, completely going against the grain of the rest of the team, then I have every right to make a polite request for that player to aim their knock back in a way that is beneficial to the team. If said player refuses or gives me flack over it, I have every right to remove that player. I am under zero obligation to "deal with it" or adjust the whole team's playstyle. No 9bligation whatsoever.

And I call straight up BS on anyone who says they can have me kicked or banned from the game over this. I seriously doubt that story ever happened.

Most players in this game are scared to death of that star that Grant's them lead of a team. So if they would rather sit around and wait for me to start one, then they are subject to play nice with others, or they are gone. And no, I am absolutely not sorry...not even a little bit.

actually its also against the rules of the forum to suggest someone isnt being honest. Unless you have some way to disprove my statement casting aspersions on my honesty is very much a sign of someone who thinks their idea of what is right matters more then the actual rules that we are to conduct ourselves by. If you dont wish to take my statement and word as truth tahts up to you, making ita  public statement you think I am not being honest however shows yourself to be an actual bad player in the sense you dont care about the actual rules.

1 hour ago, jubakumbi said:

The whole reality that the team 'belongs' to the Startator is really just silly.

If this is how somebody feels, then they are free to start their own teams. However, it would seem a good majority of players are more than happy to sit around and wait for somebody else to do all the work of forming a team...so they sit...and wait...and wait, until I or somebody else puts one together. So yes, if I form the team, I fully expect each and every player on my team to be team friendly. If they are not team friendly, they can go play somewhere else. It's really that simple. 

While you may be of the opinion that players like myself are "mean people," I am of the opinion that player who refuse to change their playstyle to fit the team are selfish people...either that or they are just straight trolling the team to see how annoyed they can make players on that team. 

Key word here is 'team.'  There is no 'I' in team.

Some people just love rules and regulations, following them brings them joy, even if they are all just made up crap.

I choose to avoid those people in games and in RL.

Just made up crap, eh? Want to know what I find as crap? Players who join a team, frustrate the team with a solo mindset and disrupt the team's strategies, all because people feel like if they join somebody else's team, they should be allow to disrupt the otherwise smooth tactics, all because of an entitlement personality.

And trust me, if you or anyone like you have ever been removed from my teams for being disruptive and choosing not to play well with the group, you will only ever have the displeasure of being kicked in the middle of a mission but just once. I add a 1 star to that player's account, and if by some chance I ever invite you again, I will see that 1 star, read the notes I have on you, and remove you before the team even sees the first mission. 

No hard feelings, but we just don't see eye to eye on proper team etiquette, and I'll save you and myself the trouble of having to suffer an unsatisfactory experience on my teams by giving you my in game account name, @Solarverse. It would probably be best if you place me on a list so that you never have to endure the not so pleasant experience of being removed from the team.

No hard feelings, just a huge gap in playstyles.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gravitus said:

I’m actually not aware of any circumstance where KB or Group Fly is a kickable offense ever. I stand to be corrected but I’ve never seen these Powers make a team wipe/lose.

and sorry but context is king. The context of this thread has always been Group Fly with KB as a side discussion. So yes, when someone’s chiming in about kicking people for not conforming; it’s safe to assume this person has no qualms about kicking someone for the crime of “inconveniencing” another’s playstyle. GF and KB being no exceptions.

Until that person actually  Specifies what they deem kickable or not, I’ll take their blanket statement as a blanket statement. They are more than welcome to clarify.

Okay, ever see someone KB a boss with a debuff on it into another mob? then that group gets pulled on top of an already large group, the team also has low HP to moderate HP overall and is trying to recover slightly. I have, thanks to a moronic energy blaster or whatever the hell it was, we wiped.

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

11 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

actually its also against the rules of the forum to suggest someone isnt being honest. Unless you have some way to disprove my statement casting aspersions on my honesty is very much a sign of someone who thinks their idea of what is right matters more then the actual rules that we are to conduct ourselves by. If you dont wish to take my statement and word as truth tahts up to you, making ita  public statement you think I am not being honest however shows yourself to be an actual bad player in the sense you dont care about the actual rules.

All I can say is do what you do best and report me and move on. For somebody who is so drilling about rules, I would think playing on a team that requires you to be team friendly would be a very easy rule to follow.

A long story time, pretty sure Ive told it once before on the HC forums months back but Ill go over it again as its very relevant to this thread.

One day I was running one of the RWZ arcs via flashback solo. While between missions I notice an MSR has just brought down the shields. Im not about to quit my solo run, but figure its a  good time to grab some easy V merits. I know I can sustain myself and get plenty of kills. So I fly up to take part in the rikti slaughter.

After a few I notice in zone chat the guy directing the MSR is demanding I join one of the teams and stop doing my own thing. I state I am not required to follow his directions and its an open world event anyone can take part in even solo if they so wish. His issue I imagine being rather then getting into the center I am circling the thing wiping mobs before they can get drawn into the mosh pit.

This individual proceeds to rant at me, threaten to report me for griefing and interfering with other players. I say I am simply playing the game, and in no way casuing other players grief. After all killing rikti during a MSR is something of a kill competition, plenty of MSR teams routinely get far less merits then other teams based on aoe and dps. I then send in a report of being harassed and threatened. Meanwhile the guy continues to rant at me.

About the time the shields come up a GM appears because there have been multiple reports filed. After reviewing the chat logs The GM says they have looked things over and action will be taken. They dont say what ofcourse. However no punishment is sent my way, meanwhile the guy who was prepping for another MSR suddenly vanishes. 3 days later I get an in game email from the guy ranting at me again, now saying he will get me blacklisted from all future MSR runs lead by him , his SG and his SG alliances. I send in another report on this player for threats and intimidation. over the next few days I get emails from people claiming to be this ones friend and SG harassing me over getting their friend banned and they to make threats of having me blacklisted etc. I send another report stating now said player has organized a group to harass me. This player who regularly lead MSR I never again see in game. and later learn was perma banned for his multiple violations as I had a few friends in that guys SG.

Understand, just because you have the star, just because you may organize a team or raid, does not grant you any authority. The kick feature for a team leader is meant to be used for actual problem players, you know trash talkers, sexual harassers, etc. You are not in any position of entitlement just because you have the star or took some time to build a team. We who lead teams are not special because we enjoy groups and put them together. If you when leading take exception to a player for their playstyle, it is you who has the issue, and you who should likely stick to solo because you are the one with antisocial and uncivil behavior.

Part of getting along with others is tolerating their various play styles and quirks. As long as they are just playing the game, having fun, no matter the power use or play style they have done nothing to warrant mistreatment be it being called a bad player or kicked mid TF and denied their fair reward.

12 hours ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

You really seem to not be willing to understand that at least on live and I assume here on HC the rules of conduct very much put anyone trying to tell another how to play their character very much in the wrong. Causing chaos as you and a few others put it is not in any way against the rules. We are completely allowed to use our characters abilities how we choose and it doesnt ever qualify as a rule violation. If you so much as say stick with the group you however have violated the rules of conduct as telling others how to play does equal harassment. If you boot someone on a tf because they wont follow your orders, they can very much report you for griefing, as you have denied them the end reward out of spite pure and simple

You seem to havea  very narrow idea of what a team player is. An actual team player does what they can to help the team, that is often in CoH due to the power some ATs can bring, be doing sections of the map solo at a speed a team of 8 needing to tank and spank simply cant. and Have you seen what a team all packing judgment can do? Even at +4X8 rooms get melted so fast overkill isa  very real thing and a wasteful use of DPS.

Understand I never join anothers team I havent done other then lead since around year 3 of Live when I took on the mantle of Ol Berk to embrace a full time role of in game mentor and teacher to young heroes aka newbs. Considering just on the HC forums I am frequently getting msgs to ask about build and play advice from new blasters its pretty clear to me I havent lost the knack.  Looka t your word usage the stamping feet comment rather shows your own dismissive attitude for those who dont agree with your position, based not on logic, not on meta data, but on emotion. Unless a group is all leveling pure SO builds, then the best way to utilize a team is to spread it out. Which is also far more in line with how heroes in the comics work. from the JLA to the Xmen its very rare that they are all together during an adventure. They spread out, they dont waste time by acting like cowards needing to hold each others hands.

There isa  very big difference between saying hey if you feel squishy stay close to me, and saying stay with me or Ill kick you, one is friendly advice, the other bullying and intimidation, both which are very much in violation of the rules of conduct.

Why...why do y'all ALWAYS use damn comics? You do know this is not Marvel, right? Or whatever the hell you want it to be. Okay think about it like this; I cast black hole on every mob. That'd irritate you, correct? because it'd be inefficient. Same thing for wanton use of KB or GF. It's not the -power- it's the idiotic -use-. You can use a power wrong, it's been done multiple times in multiple settings. Politely correcting should be the first step, but if you don't listen, sorry you gotta go.

Also, advice on blaster? Really? I've never seen you get asked anything on HC. though you did bitch about AE a lot because something something RP I don't care. Which blasters have you helped with? I mean, I made an Ice/time that's literally unkillable and can solo AV's. I'm sure for the few who may have asked you for help, there are hundreds of others like me who built, well...unkillable builds. Not hard on a blaster, nor impressive imo. Oh! and a Fire/Atomic whose basically gonna be a scrapper with nukes and capped res when he's done.

Wait a minute! I remember you bitching about people farming and basically trying to tell them how to play too!! Oh hot damn the irony 😭

Edited by Seed22
  • Haha 3

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

11 minutes ago, Seed22 said:

Okay, ever see someone KB a boss with a debuff on it into another mob? then that group gets pulled on top of an already large group, the team also has low HP to moderate HP overall and is trying to recover slightly. I have, thanks to a moronic energy blaster or whatever the hell it was, we wiped.

No you wiped because you lacked power. a hero rises to every challenge and does not fail.

4 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

No you wiped because you lacked power. a hero rises to every challenge and does not fail.

Bruh please quit the roleplaying BS and get real. It's called a videogame, and well, see, it's not my fault im level 22 and the energy blaster's a dumbass. I mean, the hell am I supposed to do at 22 with the powers I have outside of use em to the best of my ability? I mean, I can't save the team from dumbasses until I dunno...35? I mean on one build I had perma dom by I think 44 or something I don't remember, but still.

Edited by Seed22

14 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

A long story time, pretty sure Ive told it once before on the HC forums months back but Ill go over it again as its very relevant to this thread.

One day I was running one of the RWZ arcs via flashback solo. While between missions I notice an MSR has just brought down the shields. Im not about to quit my solo run, but figure its a  good time to grab some easy V merits. I know I can sustain myself and get plenty of kills. So I fly up to take part in the rikti slaughter.

After a few I notice in zone chat the guy directing the MSR is demanding I join one of the teams and stop doing my own thing. I state I am not required to follow his directions and its an open world event anyone can take part in even solo if they so wish. His issue I imagine being rather then getting into the center I am circling the thing wiping mobs before they can get drawn into the mosh pit.

This individual proceeds to rant at me, threaten to report me for griefing and interfering with other players. I say I am simply playing the game, and in no way casuing other players grief. After all killing rikti during a MSR is something of a kill competition, plenty of MSR teams routinely get far less merits then other teams based on aoe and dps. I then send in a report of being harassed and threatened. Meanwhile the guy continues to rant at me.

About the time the shields come up a GM appears because there have been multiple reports filed. After reviewing the chat logs The GM says they have looked things over and action will be taken. They dont say what ofcourse. However no punishment is sent my way, meanwhile the guy who was prepping for another MSR suddenly vanishes. 3 days later I get an in game email from the guy ranting at me again, now saying he will get me blacklisted from all future MSR runs lead by him , his SG and his SG alliances. I send in another report on this player for threats and intimidation. over the next few days I get emails from people claiming to be this ones friend and SG harassing me over getting their friend banned and they to make threats of having me blacklisted etc. I send another report stating now said player has organized a group to harass me. This player who regularly lead MSR I never again see in game. and later learn was perma banned for his multiple violations as I had a few friends in that guys SG.

Understand, just because you have the star, just because you may organize a team or raid, does not grant you any authority. The kick feature for a team leader is meant to be used for actual problem players, you know trash talkers, sexual harassers, etc. You are not in any position of entitlement just because you have the star or took some time to build a team. We who lead teams are not special because we enjoy groups and put them together. If you when leading take exception to a player for their playstyle, it is you who has the issue, and you who should likely stick to solo because you are the one with antisocial and uncivil behavior.

Part of getting along with others is tolerating their various play styles and quirks. As long as they are just playing the game, having fun, no matter the power use or play style they have done nothing to warrant mistreatment be it being called a bad player or kicked mid TF and denied their fair reward.

You do realize talking about GM actions against players are against the rules, right? Especially when it concerns a ban made by a GM.

22 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

You do realize talking about GM actions against players are against the rules, right? Especially when it concerns a ban made by a GM.

Going to go out on a limb here and say that the game isn't "live" anymore, so it's safe to say it's ok to discuss what happened years ago.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

If this is how somebody feels, then they are free to start their own teams. However, it would seem a good majority of players are more than happy to sit around and wait for somebody else to do all the work of forming a team...so they sit...and wait...and wait, until I or somebody else puts one together. So yes, if I form the team, I fully expect each and every player on my team to be team friendly. If they are not team friendly, they can go play somewhere else. It's really that simple. 

While you may be of the opinion that players like myself are "mean people," I am of the opinion that player who refuse to change their playstyle to fit the team are selfish people...either that or they are just straight trolling the team to see how annoyed they can make players on that team. 

Key word here is 'team.'  There is no 'I' in team.

Just made up crap, eh? Want to know what I find as crap? Players who join a team, frustrate the team with a solo mindset and disrupt the team's strategies, all because people feel like if they join somebody else's team, they should be allow to disrupt the otherwise smooth tactics, all because of an entitlement personality.

And trust me, if you or anyone like you have ever been removed from my teams for being disruptive and choosing not to play well with the group, you will only ever have the displeasure of being kicked in the middle of a mission but just once. I add a 1 star to that player's account, and if by some chance I ever invite you again, I will see that 1 star, read the notes I have on you, and remove you before the team even sees the first mission. 

No hard feelings, but we just don't see eye to eye on proper team etiquette, and I'll save you and myself the trouble of having to suffer an unsatisfactory experience on my teams by giving you my in game account name, @Solarverse. It would probably be best if you place me on a list so that you never have to endure the not so pleasant experience of being removed from the team.

No hard feelings, just a huge gap in playstyles.

Uh, I /gignored you in game months ago for your general viewpoint on KB, you might be the only one on the list right now, IIRC.

I have stated repeatedly our entire outlook on how to play games is at odds, even though I have never been a burden on a team past my first hours of learning to play. 🙂 

1 minute ago, ShardWarrior said:

Going to go out on a limb here and say that the game isn't "live" anymore, so it's safe to say it's ok to discuss what happened years ago.

Tell that to the rules guy up there...

1 minute ago, ShardWarrior said:

Small nitpick; I prefer to say relaunched instead of the game isn't live, seeing as minus NCSof/Paragon Studios, it's pretty much the game

• Like 1

Just now, jubakumbi said:

Uh, I /gignored you in game months ago for your general viewpoint on KB, you might be the only one on the list right now, IIRC.

I have stated repeatedly our entire outlook on how to play games is at odds, even though I have never been a burden on a team past my first hours of learning to play. 🙂 

Good to know. Now we can both play the game and have fun without ever risking a situation where the immovable object meets the unstoppable object. Again, no hard feelings and none taken.  🙂

10 minutes ago, Seed22 said:

Small nitpick; I prefer to say relaunched instead of the game isn't live, seeing as minus NCSof/Paragon Studios, it's pretty much the game

It's not a legit operation.  We all hope that changes but until then, best to remember this isn't a licensed legit operation.  the old game forums and company they belong to don't exist anymore.  we were never under some lifetime NDA or something.

1 hour ago, Seed22 said:

sounds to me like it was the rest of the team who couldn't cut it.  stuff happens so better to up your game and adapt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seed22 said:

That group was close enough for someone's KB power to push it into the next spawn? Sounds like you should have pulled the 1st group away or just anticipate that 2nd group catching your scent. If I were a Dom on that team, I'd have domination or my core mez laying in wait and if none are recharged, just be prepared to AoE immob and get behind cover.

If I were on my stalker, just use some inspiration and/or have your tier 9 ready and lay in wait to AS a tough target. Most of my stalkers can hold their own for a bit. 

If I'm on my defender, I've got to have some trick up my sleeve that I hold back for emergencies. Or hold my finger on vengeance. 

In those circumstances, if you have a blaster on your team and they look at their power tray to find Aim, BU and their nuke is recharger, they will be smiling ear to ear. 

Basically, what I see in your example is an opportunity to pull off something crazy or different. 

Edited by Leogunner
  • Thanks 1

On 10/28/2019 at 3:39 PM, Gulbasaur said:

I know this is off topic a little bit, but I feel this way about knockback. Hitting tab to retarget isn't really that hard and you can set it up to target the nearest enemy. Melee archetypes don't get a special pass to demand others play the way they want all the time. 

Also, when I play melee and target an enemy, I immediately hit ‘f’ to follow the target. Doesn’t matter if it gets knocked back. My toon immediately stays on them. 

On 10/28/2019 at 11:38 AM, Gravitus said:

So I was in a BAF today and 2 or 3 people were bitching about my group fly and asked me to turn it off. I refused .

#1 Im a bots MM. Bots are pure range. Taking them out of melee range is a wise decision on my part.

#2 At the end game content I already have enough issue with my tier 1 pets getting killed too easily . So yeah, not going to put them needlessly in Melee range; especially when they’re ranged pets.

#3 If you don’t like being effected by group fly you can turn it off via null the gull. Thats why he exists . Quality of life enhancements .

#4 when robots fly they get a thruster animation and it just looks and feels awesome .

Case and point: 

Im not going to alter the way I play because you’re bad at this game or too lazy to go to null. 

#endrant

In a BAF your pets are going to be at the softcap for defenses and probably resistances too. There are so many leadership powers, buffs, ageless, barriers, clarions, and rebirths going off in a BAF, how could your pets not be? So points 1 and 2 don't make sense to me given the context of being in a BAF you provided.

Point 3. Sure, just please let me know before the BAF starts that you will be using that power so that I can change my settings if I want. I may have it toggled to be affected by it because that's what I wanted while leveling with a friend or something.

Point 4. Absolutely, looks awesome. Go nuts. Just please let me know before the BAF starts so I can change my settings. Point 4 also applies to knockback too, you feel really powerful and cool using kb powers and less so if you use the kb to kd IOs. 

I love using repel with a kb to kd io and the FF proc on my fire/kin corr. The power is very loud and obnoxious though, and so when I'm on a team, I have to turn it off sometimes because it bothers some players. It's not a mandatory power for me to be effective, but it's nice to get that extra knockdown mitigation and the extra recharge. I can live without though in order to not bother my teammates. I am under no obligation to do this though, but I do it out of common courtesy. 

I don't know man, I don't want to get in the way of your fun, but I don't want you to get in the way of mine. So, just please let me know before the BAF starts, so I can change my settings appropriately. Group fly is such a rare thing for me to encounter that I haven't changed it on any of my characters despite seeing null the gull for tons of other things.

Edited by Darkir

1 hour ago, Sakidave said:

Also, when I play melee and target an enemy, I immediately hit ‘f’ to follow the target. Doesn’t matter if it gets knocked back. My toon immediately stays on them. 

Not to mention that I know even if they do get knocked back, they'll come back for more pommeling.  😁

24 minutes ago, Prototech said:

This is my favorite lurking forum seriously. Mom and Dad fighting all the time about everything.

Even fighting about how they fight!

The part that makes me sad is the need for people to even have to engage the GMs over things that are really just personal quirks, not any real problem, just personalities that want to be in control and dicktate or startate to others how to play that cannot abide anyone doing 'things' of which they do not 'approve' ... especially if everyone 'agreed' to follow some house rule, that is apparently like breaking the law, I saw those players compared to mass murders I think in this thread, since both can justify thier actions ... what's the old line? ... "You are not the boss of me."

Many seem to think being on thier teams is some priviledge, since, you know, no one else makes teams or something.

Yeah, this game forum has always delivered, even back on Live!

• Confused 1