Rumors of Changes

Snarky

Longtime Brute first time caller.  Heh no really though

I head some whispers about changes to the Tank AT.  Did not see anything on these boards that was easy to find anyways. 

Are there going to be significant changes to Tanks?  Honestly I have always thought Tanks were short sheeted a bit for the amount of extra protection they get compared to the damage nerf they take for it.  Just my opinion.   Would be nice if the Devs found a different mechanic to compensate for that.  Granted they are insanely good at what they do.  Just not that much better than Brutes who were outdamaging Scrappers before Fury nerf bat hit

• 1 month later

Okay. Its been more than a month since i posted this. I have a 19 tanker i am soloing Redside with. Invul/Dark Melee. IMO toughest Tank outside Granite.  I would even argue toughest if you allow strategic positioning as part of the defensive argument. Patch of Deaths in an Incarnate Trial or the Fist of Doom in Lambda have got to suck on a Granite.

but i digress. As usual.  In fact i think digression is perhaps the overall point if the entire exercise. Wait. Doing it again

okay. So any word on when? 

• Haha 1

New patch was posted to the test server on Friday

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Sooo. I been thinking about this response. I appreciate the input

what does that mean.  ( do not explain what a test server and a patch is, i’m the Snarky one here)

seriously though is this the last step before it goes live and that will happen in a week or two. Or is this part of the development process and uploading to live is months away.

the data is nice. It just means nothing to me

Here's the deal: the posts in the past two threads have usually gone in one of the following directions:

• I don't like these changes because Tankers still don't do enough damage
  • I don't like these changes because Tankers don't need to be "another Brute", you should <do x, drink shot when x is increase aggro cap> instead.
  • I don't like these changes because Bruising is my sacred calf and I shall never give it up
  • I don't like these changes because Brutes should be nerfed
  • I like these changes, when are they going live
  • These "buffs" are a straight nerf, just roll back everything (unique to the latest thread)

Which direction depends on who is posting. In the meantime, @Captain Powerhouse has has posted that there will be at minimum one more patch for Tankers which removes the nerf to Tankers' self +dam modifier.

So nobody can tell you when it's going live because nobody knows. My vote was to undo the self +dam nerf and push it live before the holidays - I have the end of the year off.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

There will be at least one more patch on the test server, don't know when that will hit. Probably in a couple of weeks. And then that patch will be tested for a couple more weeks too. So the earliest we could see this hitting live is mid January. But I would expect it to be later than that. I hope I'm wrong but testing needs to be done and that takes time to get things right. 

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"- Chesty Puller US Marine Corps

There will be at least two more patches. The next one has new adjustments and, if those work out, the final test patch will be the final patch notes that accompany the live release.

This info is buried somewhere in the second thread.😁

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Thanks folks. Looks like this was way more complex than i had believed. I had thought they were increasing rankers base damage modidier slightly and increasing AoE footprints.  Then testing that

it appears it is in fact a can of worms.  I dislike worms.  I am rolling through Redside on a Dark/Invul Tank doing all story arcs and side missions until contacts wont even talk to me. And thats how i like it heh. I will put this down as possible for a future tank but not probable at thos juncture   I am going slow. Not that slow

On 12/13/2019 at 9:15 AM, siolfir said:

Here's the deal: the posts in the past two threads have usually gone in one of the following directions:

• I don't like these changes because Tankers don't need to be "another Brute", you should <do x, drink shot when x is increase aggro cap> instead.
  • I don't like these changes because Bruising is my sacred calf and I shall never give it up
  • These "buffs" are a straight nerf, just roll back everything (unique to the latest thread)

This is, sadly, very accurate.

I think in the end the tank will end up getting a smiley face scratch and sniff sticker and a pat on the back. (Though that pat may get rolled back to a light touch.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/15/2019 at 11:42 AM, Odhinn said:

This is, sadly, very accurate.

I think in the end the tank will end up getting a smiley face scratch and sniff sticker and a pat on the back. (Though that pat may get rolled back to a light touch.)

Don't forget the "Kick Me" Sign 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Don't forget the "Kick Me" Sign 

This is called "Taunt".

Am I the only one that doesn't see what all the bruhaha is about? Like, I'm happy with my F3 tank as is. If they want to buff it up a bit, that's cool, too. Don't care when, since it does fine already. I just do not understand what everyone is going on about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

I am still confused.  But i dont want to ask anymore questions.  This tooic makes my head hurt

The best way to get unconfused is to join Tanker Tuesdays and just stomp some face. I have found that stomping face fixes most problems.

• Thanks 2

On 12/13/2019 at 9:15 AM, siolfir said:

Which direction depends on who is posting. In the meantime, @Captain Powerhouse has has posted that there will be at minimum one more patch for Tankers which removes the nerf to Tankers' self +dam modifier.

So nobody can tell you when it's going live because nobody knows. My vote was to undo the self +dam nerf and push it live before the holidays - I have the end of the year off.

A completely accurate assessment. At least there isn’t a full blown PvP “discussion” in it like there is for the poor Mastermind thread.

Edited by Myrmidon
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Really enjoying my Invul/Dark Zombie tank soloing every arc and mission Redside at +0/x1. Who has that statement “if you want to feel like a God rill anything, if you want to be a God roll a Tank”. 

i ‘stealth’ missions by wandering through ignoring getting pummeled.  Unless there is a Fortunata or something. Then i pause to kill everyone. Mostly i am like the colonel in apocalypse now standing in the cowboy hat ignoring all the shells hitting. Just looking around deciding what to do

it would be nice to get a Damage buff and the better AoE would really help Dark Melee.  

i think Tankers deserve a little love. I am mostly a Brute player with a Tank mentality. I went ti. Rutes because i started Redside.  The Brute nerf was deserved and Brutes Scrappers are balanced now.  Even though i miss Fury cap.  But Tanks are still a little behind the curve.  But so are Blasters and the are in the edges most damage and toughest. Si weird things tend to happen there. Like stone armor.  The very edge. Very freaking weird. Impkssible to stop.  What, a curb?  Here, really?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later
On 1/7/2020 at 11:56 AM, siolfir said:

One less patch to go for the changes, so maybe they'll be in time for my birthday*.

* - at the end of August

Interesting. Pretty huge damage buff to ranged attacks. Considering Gloom was already a goto power pick for brutes.... won't this rather drastically buff it into psychotic levels? Or is it already currently using the melee damage modifier?

30 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Interesting. Pretty huge damage buff to ranged attacks. Considering Gloom was already a goto power pick for brutes.... won't this rather drastically buff it into psychotic levels? Or is it already currently using the melee damage modifier?

They were already using the melee damage modifiers, so for both Tankers and Brutes the APP/PPP changes are a wash.

• Thanks 1