[In-Universe] Politics thread

DougGraves

I don't pay much attention to politics.  I have learned recently that one of the city council members has been working with organized crime and another broke a criminal out of jail to cause destruction of public property.  I don't know who the mayor is, but I am sure they are up to no good.

It seems to me that we need an election.  So who would you nominate for mayor or city council and what would their campaign slogans be?

I'm going with Blue Shield for mayor "He's tough on criminals".

• Like 1

Itd be cool to have shard-wide elections for 'mayor of the month' so players could have a little boost, maybe a gold title, but it would just degenerate into popularity contests and if you aren't chatty you dont get 'known'.  Therefore, I vote for Frostfire as I know I can 'remove him from office' forcibly if need be.  😁

Edited by EmmySky

8 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

Itd be cool to have shard-wide elections for 'mayor of the month' so players could have a little boost, maybe a gold title, but it would just degenerate into popularity contests and if you aren't chatty you dont get 'known'.  Therefore, I vote for Frostfire as I know I can 'remove him from office' forcibly if need be.  😁

I'd vote for Recluse, for the same reason. Plus he has more experience leading a city.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Recluse can't run without a campaign slogan.  That's just science.

I don't know. toss a couple of radiation toggles on him and I'm sure he'll run all over the map aggroing everything for you.

Unless he's using a campaign slogan to get those other mobs agroed on you...hmm. 🤔

2 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

ROBERT ALDERMAN DID NOTHING WRONG!

Release Robert Alderman and vote for him for mayor.  Only Alderman has rightly pointed out the boondoggle that is Terra Volta and only he has the vision to bring Paragon a power plant that makes economic sense.

I think Doctor Aeon has some Alternative Energy sources that are worth looking into.

10 hours ago, siolfir said:

I'd vote for Recluse, for the same reason. Plus he has more experience leading a city.

Plus, he has an army of psychics willing, able and completely happy to remove any problematic thoughts.

Tired of working too hard and feel like it's time for a change?

It's not. You're happy under Recluse. Arachnos is the best things for the city. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

• Jimmy changed the title to [In-Universe] Politics thread

Spanky Rabinowitz! Now THAT was a leader!

Get OFF my lawn!!!!

• Like 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty