Stalker Stealth Attack

Kacky119

That's been happening for awhile... The Assassin's attack will go off as usual, you'll be taken out of hide, the target will react as if hit but no damage will be applied to it.

I haven't been able to figure to how to replicate the issue, though. It really does seem random. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

• 5 months later
On 11/22/2019 at 9:12 PM, Redlynne said:

Trick question ... what do you have slotted in the attack(s) that are doing this?  Just want to eliminate some possibilities here, because "it could be anything" is a bit broad.

I have been observing the Assassin Strike not doing any damage as well. On my Spines/Bio Stalker (with Offensive Adaptation running) the log reads like this:

You activated the Assassin's Impaler power.
HIT Wolf Spider TacOps! Your Assassin's Impaler power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 74.21.
You hit Wolf Spider TacOps with your Offensive Adaptation for 22.81 points of Toxic damage.

It is slotted with 5 pieces on Stalker's Guile (no Acc/Dam/End/Recharge piece).

• Like 1

Happening to me too.  Someone suggested it could have something to do with the target moving out of attack range by the time the power actually goes off, but I tested it and it is definitely not that.

Edited by Cinnder

1 minute ago, Cinnder said:

Happening to me too.  Someone suggested it could have something to do with the target moving out of attack range by the time the power actually goes off, but I tested it and it is definitely not that.

I agree. The target of the attack of the target (for the combat log I snipped) was stationary. As the combat log shows, it was a hit and did register damage but only from from the Bio "Offensive Adaptation" secondary , but none of the primary damage registered... either in the log or in the visual indication above the target (or the health bar). The (primary) damage was simply not applied.

I have a slightly different combat log when this happens, but perhaps that has to do with the secondary you mentioned.

My log shows assassin attack starting; assassin attack activating; then assassin attack recharged.  No ToHit roll at all, though I get the sound and animation of a successful attack.

On 5/17/2020 at 4:43 PM, tidge said:

It is slotted with 5 pieces on Stalker's Guile (no Acc/Dam/End/Recharge piece).

Same, typically... Although I've also seen it happen on one who didn't even have the proc yet. That one was running on plain old DOs at the time, iirc. 

The damage IS applying but it is being significantly delayed by a seperate second roll for critical damage.

My 50 scrapper has Moonbean fully slotted with Sting of the Manticore. I was in melee with an almost dead Crey Power Tank when I fired it off at him point blank.

It didn't miss but didn't do any damage either.

So I stood there idle letting him swing at me as I watched his attacks in the Combat Logs:

HIT Crey Power Tank! Your Moonbeam power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 20.40.

You hit Crey Power Tank with your Moonbeam for 338.83 points of Negative Energy damage.
Crey Power Tank MISSES! Energy Punch power had a 14.30% chance to hit, but rolled a 18.59.
Crey Power Tank MISSES! Whirling Hands power had a 13.03% chance to hit, but rolled a 89.71.
Crey Power Tank MISSES! Energy Punch power had a 13.03% chance to hit, but rolled a 70.84.

Crey Power Tank hits you with their Barrage for 11.32 points of Smashing damage over time.
Crey Power Tank hits you with their Barrage for 10.53 points of Energy damage over time.
Crey Power Tank MISSES! Barrage power had a 18.85% chance to hit, but rolled a 82.86.
Crey Power Tank MISSES! Energy Punch power had a 20.12% chance to hit, but rolled a 76.42.
Crey Power Tank MISSES! Barrage power had a 18.85% chance to hit, but rolled a 47.41.

But THEN, after about 15 seconds of me merely standing there idle... he suddenly dropped dead:

HIT Crey Power Tank! Your Moonbeam power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 69.27.
You hit Crey Power Tank with your Moonbeam for 331.76 points of Negative Energy damage.
You hit Crey Power Tank with your Moonbeam for 331.76 points of Negative Energy damage [CRITICAL].
You hit Crey Power Tank with your Doublehit for 33.72 points of Smashing damage.
You gain 9,029 experience and 10,835 infamy.

My earlier 20.40 roll above was my Attack roll. The second 69.27 roll was my Critical roll.

The Crey Tank initiated 7 attacks before my critical roll finally fired and let the game apply the damage.  7 attacks at approx 2 seconds per activation, thats about a 14 second delay between my Attack roll and my Critical roll.

WOW.

Edited by Floride

I'll have to tinker around a bit with my stalkers to see if I can replicate that...

If I can? That might ALSO explain another weird bug I've seen occasionally... . One-shot defeated assassination targets still somehow managing to "avenge their own deaths" by hitting me with an attack (that does do damage-) after they're already toast. <_< 

This has been happening for a while.

While we're on the topic, can I also add that Savage Leap from the Savage Melee powerset on Stalkers does the same thing? It'll throw you into melee range, break hide, and the combat log says it's auto-hit and it gives you blood frenzy stacks, but then nothing else. No damage.

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

• 2 weeks later

I've been having something like this happen a lot on my ice/rad stalker. I'm new to stalkers, so I wasn't sure if this was reported.

I am in hidden. The target is not moving and neither am I.  I hit assassin's ice sword and the power waits, fires, and does nothing. It doesn't even register as being used (no recharge on the power icon). I can hit it immediately again and it fires off properly. It does not break hide either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chuckers said:

I've been having something like this happen a lot on my ice/rad stalker. I'm new to stalkers, so I wasn't sure if this was reported.

I am in hidden. The target is not moving and neither am I.  I hit assassin's ice sword and the power waits, fires, and does nothing. It doesn't even register as being used (no recharge on the power icon). I can hit it immediately again and it fires off properly. It does not break hide either. 

This is something that happens on Stalkers. I'm not sure why.

On 5/20/2020 at 12:41 AM, Floride said:

My earlier 20.40 roll above was my Attack roll. The second 69.27 roll was my Critical roll.

The Crey Tank initiated 7 attacks before my critical roll finally fired and let the game apply the damage.  7 attacks at approx 2 seconds per activation, thats about a 14 second delay between my Attack roll and my Critical roll.

WOW.

I'm now seeing the exact opposite effect of this. When I oneshot an enemy with Moonbeam, whether sniping or not, they die immediately when i hit the button, at the start of the animation. It almost looks like they are getting one-shotted by someone else before my attack animation even has a chance to play out. I tested this on the longest range snipe I could get with a full set of Sting of the Manticore. Sniping a flying enemy, they die while the shot is only halfway to them, and as they fall from the sky, the shot curves and follows them down.

• 7 months later

There is some discussion elsewhere on this topic, so I apologize for any perceived thread-necromancy.

On this point:

On 6/7/2020 at 5:13 PM, Floride said:

I'm now seeing the exact opposite effect of this. When I oneshot an enemy with Moonbeam, whether sniping or not, they die immediately when i hit the button, at the start of the animation. It almost looks like they are getting one-shotted by someone else before my attack animation even has a chance to play out. I tested this on the longest range snipe I could get with a full set of Sting of the Manticore. Sniping a flying enemy, they die while the shot is only halfway to them, and as they fall from the sky, the shot curves and follows them down.

I have observed this behavior of Moonbeam on a "No Redraw" War Mace Scrapper. It is definitely my toon defeating the enemy, but it somewhat breaking of the immersion, as the animation completes normally. This appears to be an issue with the animations, and a separate bug than the one not applying damage from Assassin's Strike.

Add me to this list. I've run several Stalkers on HC, and my current one (Psi/SR) has "non hits" pretty regularly. Sound, reaction, everything as if the Assassin Strike hit, but no damage. Nothing fancy in the build, no IOs. Hadn't thought to report it.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com