Babbage Not Spawning During TF

Acroyear

My teammates and I ran the Synapse Task Force last Saturday on the Excelsior server, and to our dismay, Babbage did not spawn after the after we exited the Stop Clockwork Lord mission. We waited around for a bit, and even flew around looking for him, but no luck.

This would seem to have been a bug.

Anyone else experience his absence during a run of the Synapse TF?

No he spawned just fine for my team on Excelsior about an hour ago.  It's probably one of those un-reproducible glitches that just happens once in a while.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Yes, I have seen this bug occur more than once. A few months back when Synapse was the Weekly Task Force, I'd head to Skyway when folks would give a heads up that he would be spawning soon. I noticed that if the group emerged from one particular door when finished with the mission that spawns Babbage, he generally never showed up. I don't have the coordinates of that door handy, but I can get coordinates and/or a screenshot a bit later if that would be helpful. If memory serves, this included one instance when I was on a team that emerged from that door, and Babbage never showed up. Unfortunately, this was a few months ago and I can't say with 100% certainty that he never spawned if the mission occurred in that particular door, but I do remember it being a trend.

I know there was an issue sometimes if the door you exited for his spawn was the one really close to the tram station.  It was assumed he got zapped by a police drone the times he didn't show up in those cases. 

There also might be an issue if two or more different teams hit the spawn point close to the same time?  Can there be two Babbages existing in the same zone at once?  If it is the Weekly I could see that having a higher chance of occurring with a ton of people running it.

Edited by Riverdusk

33 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

I know there was an issue sometimes if the door you exited for his spawn was the one really close to the tram station.  It was assumed he got zapped by a police drone the times he didn't show up in those cases. 

There also might be an issue if two or more different teams hit the spawn point close to the same time?  Can there be two Babbages existing in the same zone at once?  If it is the Weekly I could see that having a higher chance of occurring with a ton of people running it.

Yes, the warehouse we exited was really close to the tram station (like right next to it), so I think there is some merit to your theory.

And yes, two or more Babbages can spawn at the same time. I witnessed it a couple times back when the game was Live when two TFs finished the Stop Clockwork Lord mission within a few minutes of each other; Two Babbages attacking everyone! Good times.

Hopefully the Devs have a look at the warehouse/door mission point near the Southern Tram Station to fix this bug/issue.

I took a screenshot of what I think is the door I was referring to (its the door in the center of the image). As noted, my memory is a little fuzzy. The coordinates are 774, -126, -1633.

babbage_door.jpg

For speedy Synapses, someone, typically the leader, will head to Steel for this part because the mission is to talk to Posi.  If the leader did something like use the base passcode trick from within the mission to go straight to Steel, it's possible Babbs ambushed that zone instead.   I'm not speaking hypothetically, this happened to me when I did exactly that on my last Synapse.

• Thanks 1

This has happened to me more than once as well, and been happening for a good long time. 

He no shows when the mission is far away from any point guarded by police drones.  Mostly annoying because other players besides the TF team like to come beat on him and claim a few merits. 

I did find it amusing when Eochai spawned in Steel Canyon during Halloween and Positron and Valkyrie started wailing on him. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

• 3 weeks later