Controller Seismic Smash Damage

vegetableknife

I slot Seismic Smash with Hecatomb Acc/Dam/Rchg and 5x procs; against orange bosses it hits for about 615 or so per activation (~115 x2, ~71x4, ~105x1).  I can't say all 5 proc every time, but I've never checked and found that one had NOT hit.  Slotted up with procs, it hits like a truck.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Procs cap out at 90% chance, and Seismic Smash's Recharge is long enough that they're all going to be capped. So it's easy to calculate all of the procs as averaging 90% of their maximum damage. With 5x non-purple procs, that about 5*64, or just over 300 damage in procs. More with a purple, plus the base damage.

38 minutes ago, vegetableknife said:

Ok it just seems super low for an "extreme" damage power.  Like hurl bolder does more damage.

no. boulder is around 50 base damage and super slow.

seismic is around 80 base damage and super fast.

seismic is the hardest hitting burst damage attack trollers can access and can take 2 purple damage procs.

I take earth epic for the other powers myself, but it is always satisfying to put out huge burst damage as a troller. 

4 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

A couple other notes about Seismic Smash.  First it also delivers a mag 4 Hold and secondly it is effected by Containment.

Think its mag 3 and no containment now. Epics for Trollers all got nerfed damagewise back in i13 or 14 and I think the hold was reduced to 3 at the same time.

1 hour ago, Frosticus said:

mag 4. gets containment damage.

yes all troller epic attacks were nerfed by about half back in the day. it still hits very hard and is excellent with procs. 

It's MAG 4 on a Tanker, and a fantastic attack even though it's single target.  I never played the 'troller version so I can't comment.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

17 hours ago, Carnifax said:

Think its mag 3 and no containment now. Epics for Trollers all got nerfed damagewise back in i13 or 14 and I think the hold was reduced to 3 at the same time.

I get double base damage off mine, but it doesn't notify as "containment."

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

On 11/29/2019 at 10:30 PM, VV said:

Hm, makes me want to make an Earth Troller. What goes good with Earth?

Storm, TA, Nature.

Overall Earth/Storm is a force of nature, pun intended, not only do you get insane amount of controls but once you get your Stone pet which is a great tank, but Tornado and Lightning Storm you don't need a team.  It is one of the top controller builds out there.

Earth/TA is a Controller's Controller.  You can double stack Slows, ST holds, AOE Holds.  You can have mobs flopping around using Earthquake while you pile on the debuffs of TA.  Warning though this is a team build as your damage is quite low.  At 50 you do ok solo, but that is not where it's true strength lies.

Earth/Nature is another good team build.  This combo is basically "I choose this as the ground I battle on"  you have a lot of location AOE effects that can heal your team and debuff the mobs.

15 hours ago, Tacheyon said:

Overall Earth/Storm is a force of nature, pun intended, not only do you get insane amount of controls but once you get your Stone pet which is a great tank, but Tornado and Lightning Storm you don't need a team.  It is one of the top controller builds out there.

I have a Grav/Storm, so I totally get that. I like the idea of /Nature, just because that's a cool theme.

3 hours ago, 5099y_74c05 said:

Depends on the the type of hero you want to build. Personally I think Earth/ goes well with just about every secondary. Earth Control on its own is capable of controlling 3 different mobs. A few of its main effects are persistent AoE Controls which will leave you open to utilizing your secondary more.

I do not have any buff-y types of characters, so I was thinking maybe Earth/Kin. Kin also to help buff my own mediocre damage.

• 2 weeks later
On 11/29/2019 at 10:30 PM, VV said:

Hm, makes me want to make an Earth Troller. What goes good with Earth?

I'll toss in a vote for Earth Dark. You get personal Defense buff, extra damage in Tar Patch, a mini-controller pet, regen recovery, stealth, resists, and much more. It also plays well with targeted control zones, such as Quick Sand and Earthquake (Stack with Tar Patch). 

• Like 1

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Earth's possibly the highest control primary, but it's also about the lowest damage output so you'll be a fantastic teammate but you'll struggle solo.

• Like 1

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

On 12/19/2019 at 3:59 PM, Call Me Awesome said:

Earth's possibly the highest control primary, but it's also about the lowest damage output so you'll be a fantastic teammate but you'll struggle solo.

True. It becomes more tolerable with the newer and improved Stony(tm), and Arcane Blast. Plus an Epic Pool such as Stone Mastery. It won't be a Fire/Kin by any stretch, but at least it can be do-able. Add in procs and it might close up to the middle of the pack (see that proc thread for what might work there). 

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds